Best brand plugs to use

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
Cam2363

Best brand plugs to use

Post by Cam2363 »

I plan to replace the plugs on my beretta with the 3100. I want to do iridium but should I go with acdelco or NGK or another brand?

Has anyone here put plugs in and had problems with that brand?

Also, any tips on getting the back 3. They seem like a pain. I plan to do the LIMG gasket in the spring, so while that is off, would that be a good time to do the back 3?

Thanks!

whiteretta

Re: Best brand plugs to use

Post by whiteretta »

Either is a great choice, and easiest way I've found to get to the back three is to move the coil packs and ignition module out of the way.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

1994 Chevy Beretta, mild 3500 swap.
https://youtube.com/@MurphRocks86?si=mpCQc0DnEitPx3Jg
Cam2363

Post by Cam2363 »

whiteretta wrote:Either is a great choice, and easiest way I've found to get to the back three is to move the coil packs and ignition module out of the way.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
Thanks! I think that stuff is going to be gone when I do the intake, so ill do them then.

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

Yep, x2. Unless your car NEEDS a tune-up now, there isn't a lot of good reason not to wait until doing the LIMG. The rear plugs aren't too bad, but definitely easier with the parts removed for the LIMG repair.

I love NGK, but have seen a couple of defective plugs over the last couple of years, the last bad one was an Iridium installed in a 3100, coincidentally. I think they perform better than Delcos, but the Delcos are solid reliably. Either are good options. I don't use Bosch much anymore, but they used to be great plugs too.

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
Cam2363

Post by Cam2363 »

Rettax3 wrote:Yep, x2. Unless your car NEEDS a tune-up now, there isn't a lot of good reason not to wait until doing the LIMG. The rear plugs aren't too bad, but definitely easier with the parts removed for the LIMG repair.

I love NGK, but have seen a couple of defective plugs over the last couple of years, the last bad one was an Iridium installed in a 3100, coincidentally. I think they perform better than Delcos, but the Delcos are solid reliably. Either are good options. I don't use Bosch much anymore, but they used to be great plugs too.
It really doesn't need it, I just figured I would do a massive tune up when I did the LIMG. I just installed NGK plugs in my moms honda van, and I had no problems, so I will probably go with the NGKs