Seat brackets!!??!!

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
coryh8504

Seat brackets!!??!!

Post by coryh8504 »

Does anyone..anyone at all..know where or who or what the hell..can be done for seat brackets.

The silly side rail mount set up on the z26 is so odd.

I want to replace the seats and brackets with a set of fixed back seats, so I can be lower in the car, and other purposes.
But I can't find anything about brackets, rails, or sliders.

Anyone have any input.

cintrav

Re: Seat brackets!!??!!

Post by cintrav »

3rd gen camaro seats fit our cars but the brackets do not bolt in. You would have to make them fit. I did years ago and had to drill new holes through the bottom of the car, used steel plates to reinforce the holes. They will sit almost 2" lower in the car

coryh8504

Post by coryh8504 »

Ok. Well..I guess I'm gonna be drilling into the floors then.
Not a big deal. I will end up taking the car apart anyway and repainting it as well as all the restoration work I want to do.

Might do that when I put the 6 point cage in it.

And..ive been asking around..and I believe I will be dropping in the 3800sc engine set up.

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

DEFINITELY need to reinforce the mount-points, as cintrav mentioned doing -Berettas are very light, and very flimsy. Looking forward to seeing the mod-work on your car, looks like a nice Z to start out with. You will really enjoy that 3800SC in that car -yours should be even easier to build than mine was. Cool thing about the 3800 builds, is each one is totally unique -there really isn't a set blueprint or formula for doing it. Will you be keeping the car auto, or swapping to manual?

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
coryh8504

Re: RE: Re: Seat brackets!!??!!

Post by coryh8504 »

Rettax3 wrote:DEFINITELY need to reinforce the mount-points, as cintrav mentioned doing -Berettas are very light, and very flimsy. Looking forward to seeing the mod-work on your car, looks like a nice Z to start out with. You will really enjoy that 3800SC in that car -yours should be even easier to build than mine was. Cool thing about the 3800 builds, is each one is totally unique -there really isn't a set blueprint or formula for doing it. Will you be keeping the car auto, or swapping to manual?
I will probably stick to automatic. As for reinforcing of the vehicle..I do plan to do a little 6 point cage with door bars. Seats are due to the fact that at over 6ft tall..I like to sit lower in a vehicle.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

yeskela

Post by yeskela »

was also interested in this issue