Original Owner 1989 Beretta GT for Sale (Gibsonia, PA 15044)

List a Beretta Item for sale
pghturbo88

Original Owner 1989 Beretta GT for Sale (Gibsonia, PA 15044)

Post by pghturbo88 »

FOR SALE: 1989 CHEVROLET BERETTA GT BY ORIGINAL OWNER

VIN: 1G1LW14W3KY116175 204,954 original miles as of 5/6/14

Location: Gibsonia, PA 15044 (suburb of Pittsburgh, PA near Cranberry Township)

Drive it home for $600 US

Features: Clean interior, factory sunroof (with factory vinyl trunk storage bag), original dealer installed trunk luggage rack, original engine (with Champion iridium plugs currently installed), original transmission, second set of Beretta GT alloy rims with snow tires, factory floor mats, newer sun visors, DeflectaShield hood deflector, clean PA title. Also two sets of keys plus original "credit card" emergency use keys.

This is an original owner Beretta GT purchased in September of 1988 that has been adult owned and driven by non-smokers its entire life. It won “Best Stock Interior 88-90” at the 2006 Berettafest in Pittsburgh, PA. It has been well maintained (complete maintenance log in owner’s manual), having seen regular oil changes every 3,000 miles or less, coolant changes, and transmission fluid changes. We have been informed by our longtime and trusted mechanic that frame issues (i.e. rust) will likely prevent it from passing another Pennsylvania inspection when the current sticker expires on 7/31/14. The car is still a daily driver and we do feel it is still safe (or we would not be driving it). The car would also need a new set of four all-season tires in the near future. There are no leaks to the car when it rains (have fixed many of those problem areas common to Berettas). Car is an excellent winter car, as with the snow tires, goes great in the snow.

We have been longtime members of this forum, and we would prefer to see this car go to another Beretta enthusiast who will use this car as a source of parts to keep their first generation Beretta going. This is an all-or-nothing transaction – we will not be parting it out. If nobody on this forum wishes to purchase the car outright, we will either donate the car to a charitable organization, or take it to a scrap yard.

We will be very upfront with any potential buyers regarding the state of the car. Overall, it is clean on the inside and outside, and the engine still runs strong and uses little oil in between oil changes. The transmission still shifts smoothly (TCC still works as well). The air conditioning was converted to R134a but no longer works due to not being able to hold a full charge over the summer. In 2013, in order to pass state inspection, I purchased and pop riveted replacement rocker panels over the rusting rockers to get through one more inspection year. The fuel tank door area is filled with Bondo (as the pictures show). The intermediate exhaust pipe has a hole near the hanger that was just patched with a Permatex exhaust bandage. After extended driving, it is now starting to intermittently throw a code 42 fault for the knock sensor circuit.

This Beretta has had many items replaced over the years. Most recently, the headliner was redone about two years ago. The battery is an Advance Autocraft gold bought in December of 2012. The front calipers were replaced last year with reman units and fresh pads (Wearever gold). The back shoes and hardware are not more than a two years old. The catalytic converter is only a few years old. Within the past year, the car sagged badly in the back, so I replaced the cargo coil springs. The alternator is an Advance reman put on in October. The starter was totally rebuilt by a local electric shop within the past few years. I am keeping the aftermarket stereo, but I will leave the buyer with the HVAC adapter plate and wiring harness adapter plugs (for plugging directly into the factory harness.) Struts and shocks are in good condition.

You will get many additional extras with this car, including:
-- The second set of alloy rims with snow tires, two are very good tread, other two tires are nearing replacement
-- GM Factory service manual for 1989 Beretta/Corsica
-- One each: New air and oil filter still in box
-- Can of factory match spray paint and bottle of factory match touch up paint
-- Winter wiper blades
-- Extra GM “star” hubcap
-- 1/2 of a Fel-Pro ES72125 bolt / grommet kit for valve cover (four new bolts & grommets plus four of the original Torx head bolts from the front valve cover)
-- NOS AC Delco brake booster check valve p/n 18022219
-- Two 194A (yellow) light bulbs in unopened NAPA package
-- Two used black mud flaps with "Beretta" in silver lettering
-- Extra door hinge from a JY Corsica from when I replaced the driver's hinge many years ago
-- Many “old” parts (that may be used to scavenge parts from), including original A/C compressor (clutch still good), original vacuum brake booster (good), most of the original factory pot metal lug nuts, old spark plugs and wire sets, an alternator, two old factory AM/FM cassette units for the car, ignition coils, two old computers and a computer chip
-- All auto parts store receipts for warranties (battery, muffler, shocks, struts, alternator, master cylinder, front pads, power steering pump, O2 sensor, half axle assemblies, etc.)
-- Anything else “Beretta” related that we dig up between now and time of sale.

Again, we’re not trying to pass this car off as something more than what it is. Car is being sold “as-is”, but It may be able to still be driven in a state outside of PA. Feel free to message us with any questions, or to schedule a time to come look at the car and take it for a drive. Thanks for looking at our post.

http://s202.photobucket.com/user/dvor2/ ... 20Pictures
Last edited by pghturbo88 on Sun May 11, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

1988 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible 2.2L Turbo (Original Owner)
1989 Beretta GT 2.8L (Original Owner)
1996 Chrysler Town & Country 3.8L
2009 Honda Accord EX Sedan 2.4L (Original Owner)
themixer

Re: Original Owner 1989 Beretta GT for Sale (Gibsonia, PA 15

Post by themixer »

You must be sad to see it go, still looks pretty good for the year!

pghturbo88

Post by pghturbo88 »

themixer wrote:You must be sad to see it go, still looks pretty good for the year!
Thank you. Yes, for the past 25+ years, we have taken good care of the car, and it has taken good care of us. We still get compliments on the car, usually with "I used to have one of those..."

quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Post by quad4berettagtz »

I totally remember this car! This is a great deal on this car, and honestly you won't get a more honest seller around.

Someone needs to scoop this up in PA!! I am in WI and already have 4 Berettas so... Yea I'm not your competition.

Good luck with the sale!!!

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

I second all the prior poster said. $600 for the car and all those extras is a crazy deal.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
PEPalfreyman

Post by PEPalfreyman »

Is this still available?

pghturbo88

Post by pghturbo88 »

PM sent to PEPalfreyman.

pghturbo88

Post by pghturbo88 »

PM sent a few days ago to PEPalfreyman is still sitting in Outbox, I am wondering if it didn't get sent because he is a newbie with only one forum post. Car is still available. Went to PEPalfreman profile and sent email.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

He can see PM's just not reply to them till he has 5 posts IIRC... and been on the forum for longer than 5 days.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
dee99gt

Post by dee99gt »

is this car still available?

- DeeJay
2006 S/C Mustang GT
2002 Mustang GT
pghturbo88

Post by pghturbo88 »

PM Sent to Dee, may not get to them (not enough posts?)

Car is no longer available.

1988 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible 2.2L Turbo (Original Owner)
1989 Beretta GT 2.8L (Original Owner)
1996 Chrysler Town & Country 3.8L
2009 Honda Accord EX Sedan 2.4L (Original Owner)
pghturbo88

Re: Original Owner 1989 Beretta GT for Sale (Gibsonia, PA 15044)

Post by pghturbo88 »

Posting a reply to bump this up, please see original post in the thread.

12/4/19 Update to information below. Car at around 209,600 miles and still runs and drives, and I just replaced the power steering cooler. The Uniroyal Tiger Paws it had prior dry rotted after five years, so I transplanted the same sized P205/60R/15's from my LeBaron, but they do not have much meat on them. She's really rusty underneath, front passenger door now binds on the front fender, sunroof is zip tied closed (broken handle), and I'm lucky to drive it once every other week to work (10 mi roundtrip). Newer rear drums and newer front rotors and pads. Rear shocks bouncy but I do have warranty receipt for lifetime NAPA Sensatrak shocks. Car has PA Antique title now, and only part I'd want to keep from the car is the Pioneer stereo seen in the pictures. I did show the car at a lunch time car show at work in summer of 2018, and the car still got many compliments on being a survivor.

By no means am I saying this is a diamond in the rough, in all reality this is a good parts car for a fellow Beretta enthusiast. Make me a reasonable offer and it's yours. We've had this car for 31 years now and would love to see it go to a Beretta person who will allow it to live on in some manner. If no interest, we will drive it to the junkyard in the not so distant future.

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

I would really like to see someone save this car -I am not in the market at all for #7, nor near your area, but I certainly wish you well on the sale. That car, if it still looks like those photos, really is decent and straight from at least the top-side. GT, Sunroof, manual-crank windows, awesome! Can someone here that does Face-Plant forward this on to the crowd over there to try and save this one? A one-owner Beretta at this age is almost unheard of...

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
ImmaculateIndy

Post by ImmaculateIndy »

Is this still available

pghturbo88

Post by pghturbo88 »

Car is still with me but has committed buyer. Have not been able to sign over due to pandemic.