1995 Beretta 3.1L for Sale - 1 owner / garage kept / Arizona car

List a Beretta Item for sale
826fam

Post by 826fam »

Everything original and still working & great AC

I’m posting this for my father-in-law. He’s 89 years old, and bought this car when he retired as a gift to himself, he loves it. Garage kept always, no rust, awesome condition inside and out.

Tragedy struck when he took it to a local mechanic after it was making some loud tapping noises… While there we don’t know what happened but the engine is now seized and cannot be turned with even a bar.

I’ve got some experience rebuilding and also parting out cars… but we don’t know what the car is worth, can you help us come up with a fair price for something he really loves?

It’s been in a month of grieving LOL and came to me ready for it to have a new home and a new life now.

This is like a message in a bottle… If the car is not for you could you pass this on to someone who’s looking for a small piece of history in a great hobby.

Vin number is included in the photos.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stencil
Administrator

Re: 1995 Beretta 3.1L for Sale - 1 owner / garage kept / Arizona car

Post by Stencil »

Ahh, bummer to hear that this happened. The 3.1's commonly have lower intake manifold gasket leaks, and if they go undiagnosed too long, it can cause knocks, taps, and then a seize.

As far as a value goes, it's somewhat dependent on who the buyer is and what they want it for. A non-running Beretta, to the world, is worth just about what scrap value is, which is $250-300. Even running examples with normal mileage (150-200k) only sell for $1200-1500 nowadays unless it's a special model (Z26, GTZ, Indy Pace Car, etc). In the community, rust free cars are desirable, but normally only to people in the rust belt - which means they are quite a distance away so buying the cars will cost them shipping money as well, meaning they also don't give that much for them.

You never mention mileage, so I'm going to assume it's nothing spectacular (sub 75k), so I'd estimate you could get $300-500 for the car "as is". You might be able to get as much as $750 if you get a buyer who wants it for some specific project reason, but that'd be absolutely tops.

-Aaron
'92 Beretta GTZ 2.3L 5M - Undergoing "unibody off" restoration ATM (almost done!)
'93 Beretta GT "MISEREE" 3.1 5M
'95 Beretta Base DGGM 2.2 5M
'96 Beretta "FAUXZ26" 2.2 5M