******SOLD****** FOR SALE: Red 1988 GTU in Michigan

List a Beretta Item for sale
bulldog

******SOLD****** FOR SALE: Red 1988 GTU in Michigan

Post by bulldog »

Well a number of you here said a Beretta would be a bad car for an 18 year old, and after having him drive it for a short while, I have decided you guys were correct. This is a great car, in great condition, but not a good daily driver for a teenager.

For Sale in SE Michigan. 1988 Red Chevrolet Beretta GTU. I have pics below. Car is a bit dirty and it is raining, so the pics are not the best. Once the weather is better I will post better photos.

The Good:
Originally a Florida car (NO RUST!)
Interior is in very good condition
Brand New Tires
New 2.8L V6 Long Block installed at 108367 ($2000 spent right here)
New Map Sensor
New TPS Sensor
New Starter
New Ignition Control Module
I have a brand new set of plug wires that will be included with the sale
New Battery
New Air Filter
New Wiper Blades
New Knock Sensor
New Crank Position Sensor
New Idle Air Control Valve
New O2 Sensor
New Motor Mounts
New Oil Pan

Paint is in good shape. (only clear coat checking is on the side skirts)
Working Digital Dash

The Bad:
Front Air Dam off the car has usual cracks in the bottom of it (I have it and is included with the sale)
Dash Board is warped (but we have a dash cover on it)
some crack in side skirts (underside and in wheel wells)

The Long block was installed in early January. There was 108367 miles on the car at the time of the motor swap. We have had some issues with the car, and I travel about 80% of the time, and my son is not mechanically inclined, so when something happens the car either sits until I get home, or we pay for a fix. I am at a point where I am not wanting to spend more on the car. I am ready to cut my losses and get this car into the hands of a Beretta enthusiast, who will enjoy it, and have the time to work on it when necessary. Most recently the car was surging at idle and then it would stall. I was told it was the ECM. I put in a used ECM today and it was doing the same thing. I pulled it out and put in the old ECM, and it is now running great. With that said, I would not recommend driving this car home if you are interested in buying it. I would have it trailered or shipped. I put about 20 miles on her today with no issues, but would not want to see someone breakdown in it.

So with all the money invested, I am going to start off by asking $2900 OBO. I am open to offers, so please ask. Again, I have receipts for all parts, which will go with the car. I will post up some photos of the receipts. I have invested some $ in this car, and to the right individual, this is going to be a really nice car.

Car is sold AS IS, WHERE IS. No warranty is expressed or impiled. Shipping is the responsibility of the buyer.

EDIT TO ADD VIN: 1G1LV14W8JY668837
Last edited by bulldog on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

bulldog

Re: FOR SALE: Red 1988 GTU in Michigan

Post by bulldog »

GTU currently has 110152 on the odometer, motor has 1785 miles on it.

Firewall covers off car at this time. I have them and they will be included with sale.

EDIT: TO FIX BELOW PICTURE LINK

Last edited by bulldog on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bulldog

Post by bulldog »

Some pics of the underside to show condition of the car

Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

You know... this just might work out for you considering that BFest is in Michigan this year!

If it was only black...

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
bulldog

Post by bulldog »

Receipts on everything I have done to the car. $2958.77 is what I have put into the car.

Invoice for the 2.8 V6 Long Block

Invoice from AutoZone (sensors, battery, parts and Misc) it is long so had to make 2 scans of it
Image Image

Invoice for Motor Mounts

Invoice for Starter

Invoice for Ignition Control Module

Invoice for Headliner and Windshield

Invoice for diagnostics and replacement of TPS

bulldog

Post by bulldog »

Styluss wrote:You know... this just might work out for you considering that BFest is in Michigan this year!

If it was only black...
Never thought about that, but so true, lots of Beretta folks will be here and could haul her home.

Ya know, she could be painted :D

bulldog

Post by bulldog »

I can not find the receipt for the new Firestone tires. I paid over $400 for the set of 4, so that brings the total to just over $3300 into the car.

Bman Gtz

Post by Bman Gtz »

Hang onto it and bring it to bfest, I am sure she will find a home there.

BMAN

jackattack193

Post by jackattack193 »

Are you seeing that those look like the original tips on this thing too!?! I just made a similar comment about the Indy in the third party sales. I'm impressed - not too many of these things made it this long with those.

GTZfan

Post by GTZfan »

Looks nice and also rust wise...looks like it doesnt have that virus!!

1991 GTZ Quad4 black, all original, low miles. Beretta Calendar 2008, 2009, 2015
1992 GTZ Quad4 quaser, completely restored. Beretta Calendar 2011, 2012, 2013 images of the shiny quaser
GTU89

Post by GTU89 »

You talking about the exhaust tips? Mine still has the originals and they're still shiny and look great. But mine was owned by a old guy and garaged from what I was told up until a kid got it and then the guy I got it off of.

Good price, seems to be around or a bit lower than normal selling price and your looks alot better than most I've seen for sale on CL. You have the exact same dash cover as me lol.

Your rear seat looks different than mine did before I did the Indy swap. Doesn't yours have split fold?

Can I ask why its not a good car for a 18 year old? I'm 18 and I love mine, wash it once or twice a week atleast.

bulldog

Post by bulldog »

GTU89 wrote: Your rear seat looks different than mine did before I did the Indy swap. Doesn't yours have split fold?

Can I ask why its not a good car for a 18 year old? I'm 18 and I love mine, wash it once or twice a week atleast.
My rear seat is not a split fold. It has an armrest in the middle.

As for it not being a good car for an 18 YO. I travel about 80% of the time for work (Read not home much). He is driving it back and forth to school, friends, now work, etc. The issues we have had, always have happened when I am out of town. He is not mechanically inclined, and the car ends up sitting until I get home from business trips. Last thing I want to do on a weekend is lay under a car, then pack up and leave on Monday. I want to spend time with my family, not working on the car.

UPDATE: I picked up an ECM out of a yard this weekend. I put the chip from my ECM into the new ECM, and the car has been running great. Were going to see how she runs this week!

bulldog

Post by bulldog »

UPDATE!

The GTU is running great! Last weekend I put a new fuel filter and a new fuel pump, as the pump died. The new parts continue to accumulate. I have put her on Craigslist and e-bay. $4000 OBO on CL and on ebay she has a $4000 "Buy It Now" price on a 7 day auction with a reserve. The reserve is very reasonable, so if interested you can talk to me here or make an offer on e-bay.

Craigslist: https://post.craigslist.org/manage/2934125254

ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=Vie ... 903wt_1165

bulldog

Post by bulldog »

Auction ends Sunday! Reserve has not been meet, but each bid gets it closer. C'mon guys, keep it with a Beretta enthusiast.

bulldog

Post by bulldog »

SOLD!.........