Black z26 hood

List any Item for a Beretta that you want to purchase
Cam2363

Black z26 hood

Post by Cam2363 »

Looking for a black hood in good shape for a beretta z26. Got in an accident and mine is really messed up. I live in Allentown, so if you are close I can come pick up. I dont have much money so I cant really afford shipping.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ifixalot

Re: Black z26 hood

Post by ifixalot »

Oh man, I feel for you. If it weren't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all.
What the heck were you doing when you rear ended the guy?
I did something like that once, I had just taken a shower and I was itching my ear canal and I looked down
to see if anything was on my finger and wham! I read ended a pickup truck.
At least he didn't care, it was an old truck. I just had to fix my own car.
Good luck with the repairs.

Cam2363

Post by Cam2363 »

ifixalot wrote:Oh man, I feel for you. If it weren't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all.
What the heck were you doing when you rear-ended the guy?
I did something like that once, I had just taken a shower and I was itching my ear canal and I looked down
to see if anything was on my finger and wham! I read ended a pickup truck.
At least he didn't care, it was an old truck. I just had to fix my own car.
Good luck with the repairs.
Thanks! Traffic was backed up where it normally wasn't and I didn't realize they were stopped until it was too late, and since the roads were wet, stopping wasn't going to happen in time. He has a Jeep SUV, so his bumper is scratched a tiny bit and his exhaust trim is broken off its mounts, but I am smashed bad. I have pics on my thread about the car if you're interested in the carnage.

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

I would say you could take the opportunity to join in on the cowl-hood group-buy and use the opportunity to upgrade the car, but even if the deal is still going, they aren't cheap. They are a nice piece though, and lets you spend money moving the car forward, instead of spending money to get back where it was. :(
My old '95 Z had a similar accident, a little worse though, after I sold it to my niece. She hit someone pretty bad on the highway, and worse, kept driving the car for a couple of days with the hood bobbing up and down until it finally let go (on the highway again) and knocked pieces of the windshield into the passenger seat. I was lucky enough to find a matching BRM (Black Rose Metallic) '96 base in the yard, and snagged the hood, passenger door (mine was crunched from a previous owner), fender and maybe headlights (or I had a spare set already, I don't recall). I bought the car back for $200, spent MAYBE $100 at the yard (I was there all the time, so they treated me very well), and a new windshield then was around $110 installed.

If you need a new center 'grill', let me know, I believe I have a clean black one in a box still. Check your header-panel (the plastic framework that the headlights attach to) too -they don't like getting hit.

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
Cam2363

Post by Cam2363 »

Rettax3 wrote:I would say you could take the opportunity to join in on the cowl-hood group-buy and use the opportunity to upgrade the car, but even if the deal is still going, they aren't cheap. They are a nice piece though, and lets you spend money moving the car forward, instead of spending money to get back where it was. :(
My old '95 Z had a similar accident, a little worse though, after I sold it to my niece. She hit someone pretty bad on the highway, and worse, kept driving the car for a couple of days with the hood bobbing up and down until it finally let go (on the highway again) and knocked pieces of the windshield into the passenger seat. I was lucky enough to find a matching BRM (Black Rose Metallic) '96 base in the yard, and snagged the hood, passenger door (mine was crunched from a previous owner), fender and maybe headlights (or I had a spare set already, I don't recall). I bought the car back for $200, spent MAYBE $100 at the yard (I was there all the time, so they treated me very well), and a new windshield then was around $110 installed.

If you need a new center 'grill', let me know, I believe I have a clean black one in a box still. Check your header-panel (the plastic framework that the headlights attach to) too -they don't like getting hit.
Thanks. The header-panel on the driver side is no longer existent. Passenger side does look ok. Im going to rip it all apart and do an inventory on what is good and what is not good.

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

The header panel is one piece, all the way across. Same part for all years and sub-models, so easier to find, and because it hides under the plastics, who cares what it looks like so long as it isn't cracked? Only problem is that it is a BIG piece, so getting someone to ship one to you will cost -is that red junk-yard car you found still there? The plastic cover that you can see on top of it all is different cosmetically on the later-model cars and I believe the older ones won't fit due to the airbag sensor -lucky you didn't trip that. It shouldn't be specific to the Z models though, so not too bad to find...

If there is ANY doubt, pressure-check the radiator -that thing is half plastic, and probably all old. Most parts-stores will have a test-kit in their loan-out program, expensive but you get all of your money back when you are done using it. Hook it up with the engine cold, pump it up to system pressure, make sure there are no obvious leaks, and let it sit for ten minutes. If the needle hasn't dropped, you should be good to go. Sometimes the testers themselves leak too though.

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
Cam2363

Post by Cam2363 »

Thanks. I did make a mistake. The header panel exists still but is in like 4 or 5 pieces. The red retta is still there and I am going tonight to get all those parts.

I think the radiator is fine as there was nothing leaking out, but I'll stop by and get the pressure checker later tonight

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk