Need parts

List any Item for a Beretta that you want to purchase
Money pit Beretta

Need parts

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Hello, hope everyone has been doing well. Main computer is and has been down for a long time.
My car got hit on the driver's side front fender. Not my fault. Going to need a few parts and help finding others. Will be trying to repaint the whole car, so will need everything that goes with doing that, window trim is one thing. Not fully sure what all is needed for that.
So far the shop has not told me what needs to be replaced(may have to change shops). On my own I'm searching for a left front fender in purple (base metallic rose). Having a bit of trouble getting replies from car part.com. Replacement Z26 wheel is on the way.
Things are a bit up in the air at this time, forgive me. There will be updates to the list.

Car is a 1995 base.
Replies must be made here or with a PM. I'm not on any type of social media. No texting or calls can be done. I can do Pay Pal or MO.

Windshield and rear window molding.....part numbers could be helpful, parts are best.
Door trim with clips (the trim that goes around the glass and the side mirrors) What do the clips look like? Where do you find them?
Dew strips....is Mike Morris still around?
Spoiler... fat chance, must ask though.
Driver's side mirror (black) Not sure on this, could be that where it mounts is bent.
windshield wiper switch

keep'em flying!
Rettax3

Re: Need parts

Post by Rettax3 »

Hey, Money Pit, glad you are still around! Sorry to hear your car got hit -there seems to be a lot of that going around lately. Makes me afraid to drive some of my nicer cars around... I almost got taken-out by a UPS driver the other day too.

If you are repainting the whole car, the color of the donor-parts shouldn't matter, right? That would make things easier... For trim, most places can/will mask-off and paint up to the window-channel seals and such -are you changing colors or keeping as-is? If you are changing color, it is a little harder to do because they have to be better at masking exactly to the edge... Most places suck at it.

I've got two Black Rose Metallic '95s, and some spare parts. Not sure what I have that I'll let go of, and shipping would be ridiculous for anything like a fender anyway, but once you iron-out what you need, I may be able to help some.

I've got one spare wiper switch, I could let it go if you need it. The switch I have was from a '95 base, with intermittent wipers, with defrost. Rock Auto still stocks a DS462, but they say it is w/o "pulse" (assume that means NO intermittent wipers), with defrost. Looks like a cheaper version of their $133 1S4477... They also have a non-defroster non-intermittent switch, so not sure how your car is equipped.

If you have your windshield replaced, a lot of those companies supply new trim to go with it, they did for my 'old' '95 Z, although that was several years ago. They might also have a 'universal' type trim. I would call around to them -a used one would likely be stretched from removing it, at best. I can hear it now, "Can I get a new windshield installed, but without the windshield?" :D

I almost certainly have the black D/S mirror -let me know for sure if you need one and I can dig it out for photos to see if it would work for you. I think I've got a couple of them boxed-up. I could always sell the ones off of my '90 T-Type 'Retta, since she is getting GTU mirrors once I get them painted... IIRC though, '95 used plastic housings, I think in '90 they were metal -dang, now I have to check! They looked the same either way though.

Good luck fixing it, keep us posted either way.

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
Cam2363

Post by Cam2363 »

Man that sucks. I actually rearended somebody the other day, so I know your pain. I needed a new headlight, hood, headlight and grill header, possibly a new driver fender, but it could be fixed. I might be able to get you the mirror, without the glass, just the housing. And a windshield switch, but I'm sure other people have nicer ones than I could get. I could also probably get you a red fender, but once again, I'm sure others could get much nicer parts for you. Let me know if you need anything then.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Money pit Beretta

Only been back for a day and it feels good. Really missed this place. Damn Rettax3 it is very good to hear from you. Your post gave me some well needed hope. Don't want to make you work too hard, but would take that fender no matter what the shipping is. Still waiting on the emails sent on car-part.com. Starting to think that the shop does not want to work on this car and may go and get it next week. The manager is a real jerk.

Nice to meet you Cam. Thanks for the post, sounds like you are in the same boat. I'll keep in contact with you and an eye out for some of the parts you need.
Rettax3 I'll take that switch for sure!
What a crappy reply. Very sorry....my head is a mess with all this and on top of that got a cold!
May be painting the car later. For now just want her back home. Life is not the same with out her.

keep'em flying!
Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

I'll try to snap some pics today. So you have intermittent wipers and rear defrost?

I'm just getting over a cold too -I know how you feel there!

I would rather deal with a shop that tried hard and did good work than a shop owned by a jerk that did great work but treated me like crap. Get her outta there! Find a place that cares about you and your car. Is she driveable as-is, or are you stuck having her hauled around?

1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
Money pit Beretta

Going to get it Tuesday. It can be driven...steering wheel is way off center and it does well in a straight line. The shop is close by.
Yes I have intermittent wipers and rear defrost. You ok with Pay Pal?

Thank you for your help on this! Hope that cold is on it's way out.

Still no emails from car-part.com. Don't think anyone even reads emails these days.
Will have a chance to look over the car myself this weekend.
Going to be a lot of choppy posts until the stress level goes down. Also got to get back in the habit of posting online again.

keep'em flying!
Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

Yeah, Paypal is fine. I even checked ebay, the only switches I can find are non-intermittent, either with or without defrost, or for the older-style interior. I got you though, don't worry on that small thing. You have another car to get you around, right?

1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
Money pit Beretta

It's like if one person puts a part up on Ebay everyone does the same. No one will put the other up until those are sold.
I'll send a PM tonight. Yeah the same old Cavy that I had is the DD now. At least it's getting some use.

Ok have the car. Looks like the ball joint is bent on the passenger side. Plan is to replace everything if Moog still has all those parts. Drivers fender is trash, but could be bent out to get me by(will post a photo sometime). Think that the fender support bar is bent because the bumper is a little off. For now that seems to be it.
Are the retainers for the skirt(near the door) something that can be reused? Not sure how to get them off or if there are new ones out there.
Have the referb wheel, tire may be trashed, so that would mean four new ones. Alignment will follow once parts are replaced.
Off to locate Moog parts and order them.

keep'em flying!
Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

Moog is good, but a little over-priced compared to the generic brands. We had some small quality-control issues with them on occasion, but they are definitely one of the better brands. I've come to like Mevotech -they are a Canadian-originated company, they directly manage the production-facilities they use in China (so at least a step better than most companies now that simply buy whatever is offered from Chinese manufacturers). They offer typically two quality levels -basic replacement and upgrade -I've talked with one of their distributor's reps before, and I've seen the difference on some of their parts, and I was impressed. Anyway, check them out if you are interested -Mevotech's "Supreme" upgrade over OE line runs about half the cost of Moog, I think they are better quality too. Rock Auto offers both brands for a good price.

If you mean the splash-guard in the fender/wheel-well, most or all years those retainers near the back (by the door) are basically a plastic rivet -not really reusable. Just go with a plastic push-pin type, make sure the diameter of the pin body is sufficient to hold to the fender securely. If you mean the filler 'apron' inside the fender that blocks debris from the gap at the door's leading edge, IIRC those are just plastic push-pins -if they haven't hardened and can be removed carefully enough, they can usually be re-used, but it may be easier just to cut/break them off and buy new ones. Get them in bulk, they are cheap, buy them by the pair in a blister-pack, they price like gold. :crazy:

I found my spare 'base' headlight switch, but not the wiper switch -I recall now that I used it on the LQ1 3.4 V-6 Quad-Cam Turbo Z-26, because I had to trim the switch's housing down to clear the boost gauge I installed, and didn't want to cut into the original low-mileage switch from the car. I'll track down where I put that original switch and snap some pics for you -the car only has about 105k miles, and spent much of its' life garaged, I would say. I know the switch will go to a good home. :good:

How is your mirror looking? Do you think you need a replacement?

I did get your PM too, BTW. Missed you around here lately.

1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
Cam2363

Post by Cam2363 »

Rettax3 wrote:Moog is good, but a little over-priced compared to the generic brands. We had some small quality-control issues with them on occasion, but they are definitely one of the better brands. I've come to like Mevotech -they are a Canadian-originated company, they directly manage the production-facilities they use in China (so at least a step better than most companies now that simply buy whatever is offered from Chinese manufacturers). They offer typically two quality levels -basic replacement and upgrade -I've talked with one of their distributor's reps before, and I've seen the difference on some of their parts, and I was impressed. Anyway, check them out if you are interested -Mevotech's "Supreme" upgrade over OE line runs about half the cost of Moog, I think they are better quality too. Rock Auto offers both brands for a good price.

If you mean the splash-guard in the fender/wheel-well, most or all years those retainers near the back (by the door) are basically a plastic rivet -not really reusable. Just go with a plastic push-pin type, make sure the diameter of the pin body is sufficient to hold to the fender securely. If you mean the filler 'apron' inside the fender that blocks debris from the gap at the door's leading edge, IIRC those are just plastic push-pins -if they haven't hardened and can be removed carefully enough, they can usually be re-used, but it may be easier just to cut/break them off and buy new ones. Get them in bulk, they are cheap, buy them by the pair in a blister-pack, they price like gold. :crazy:

I found my spare 'base' headlight switch, but not the wiper switch -I recall now that I used it on the LQ1 3.4 V-6 Quad-Cam Turbo Z-26, because I had to trim the switch's housing down to clear the boost gauge I installed, and didn't want to cut into the original low-mileage switch from the car. I'll track down where I put that original switch and snap some pics for you -the car only has about 105k miles, and spent much of its' life garaged, I would say. I know the switch will go to a good home. :good:

How is your mirror looking? Do you think you need a replacement?

I did get your PM too, BTW. Missed you around here lately.

If you cant find the switch, I know where one is. Its in a lovely moldy car, but I could get it if you cant find yours. It would need cleaning and disinfecting obviously, but I would clean it all up and test it to make sure it works before shipping it your way.

Money pit Beretta

Lovely moldy car.....will keep that in mind Cam.

Damn...need to check here for posts first. Just spent a ton on Moog parts. Had a full reply and went to the editor and it was lost.
Ok, from what you say I'll need to find some push- ins for the plastic part of the fender well. The apron is falling apart, so it may not be replaced at this time. On the wiper switch all you have to say is that it's in good shape Rettax3. Known you long enough to trust what you say.
Going to double check the mirror housing this weekend. Pretty sure it is ok. Not so sure the studs are though, we will see.
Good to hear I was missed....really means a lot!

keep'em flying!
Money pit Beretta

Strange...the problem was with the quick reply. Using the full editor worked just fine if it was used first. Cam there was a PM sent. Guessing it didn't make it.
Somehow getting logged of when posting or PMing today.

keep'em flying!
Cam2363

Post by Cam2363 »

Money pit Beretta wrote:Strange...the problem was with the quick reply. Using the full editor worked just fine if it was used first. Cam there was a PM sent. Guessing it didn't make it.
Somehow getting logged of when posting or PMing today.
Nope, Havent seen any new PM's from you.

Money pit Beretta

Something is up with this pile of crap I'm on. We will have to stay in touch using this topic for now.

keep'em flying!
Money pit Beretta

DSCN3911.JPG

keep'em flying!