Electronic Flasher relay Upgrade INFO

For all those little gadgets that make driving your car more fun and convienent. Big subs, screaming tweets? Got an amp that's on the way out? Need some recommendations? Then this is the place to ask.
GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

1996 Beretta
3100 v6 auto

I swapped euro lights into the rear, I cut the wires per the guide, and I went to the auto store to buy a flasher relay, Part Number EP27
According to the box it is 2-6 bulbs, and LED compatible.

I cut the white wire per the euro guide to isolate the brake from the turn signals, so I did that.
Factory flasher works correctly, except it flashed too fast because 1 less bulb on each side.

I bought the EP27 and put it in, and it flashes correct speed, however it keeps ticking even when the L/R signal switch is in the off position, swap the factory clicker back in, and it works correctly again, only clicks when L/R switch is in an on position.

This thread he had the same issue:
http://www.beretta.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 27#p135540
But it doesn't look like a solution was posted.
Last edited by GT_Indy on Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

I found the solution for using the EP27 Flasher.
(This is on my 96 Beretta, I don't know which previous years this will work with).

If anyone is doing a euro tail light swap and uses this flasher relay, or if you need to replace your flasher relay because you bought LED bulbs or another reason. You need to cut 1 more wire.

Its a chime wire and its purple.
But its not the light left on or key left in ignition chime.
Its some other chime which never seems to sound off. I never heard it, car still makes the same noises without it. lol.

Easy to find and cut. Unravel the tape up the bundle of wires and follow both purple wires, the purple wire that goes to the big brown box on the assembly is the wire that needs cut.
Photo below shows which wire it is.

I hope this is helpful for anyone who plans to use the EP27 Flasher which can be found at almost any auto store from what I can find.
It plugs right in, no mods necessary other than cutting this 1 wire, same connector layout as factory. That is for the 96 Beretta.
I believe it also works for the 91-95 as well, whenever they started using the newer flasher design.
The older design like my 1990 GTZ, I will have to cut and add in the plug for this flasher.

Photo added below.
20180713_203327.jpg
20180713_212813-1.jpg
20180713_212742-1.jpg

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Electronic Flasher relay Upgrade INFO

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I had the clicking issue as well but I just bought a different relay and it worked like it should and went away... no random wire cutting for my 96....

My car is 100% LED exterior lighting right now minus the front corners... the way that's wired I need to tweak that to make it work right.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
GT_Indy

Re: Electronic Flasher relay Upgrade INFO

Post by GT_Indy »

Yah I don't know what would make that chime sound. I've never heard it go off on its own before so I'm okay without it being connected on my vehicle.
The key in ignition or lights left on chime is a different chime which works off of a different circuit so I know its not that.

These cars don't sound off an alarm or auto activate the hazards if the air bag deploys do they?

Do you have the part number for the flasher relay you are using?
Did it plug right into the existing plug or did it need a new plug?

How bright are your LED tails and turn signals?