Viper 5301 Remote Start Not Working

For all those little gadgets that make driving your car more fun and convienent. Big subs, screaming tweets? Got an amp that's on the way out? Need some recommendations? Then this is the place to ask.
GT_Indy

Re: Viper 5301 Remote Start Not Working

Post by GT_Indy »

Cam2363 wrote:
GT_Indy wrote:My 96 was from PA over 10 years ago. lol.

I was thinking just the temp dial can be replaced with a digital temp thing.
I usually leave the vent setting on MAX or bi-level anyways, fan I always put to high.

Keyless entry will be nice when an ice storm freezes your locks and your stuck taking a torch/lighter to the key before you stick it in the lock. Been there before. lol.

I wish there was a safe way to put a remote start on a manual trans car for my gtz, but I don't want to risk it.
Oh I see. That would probably be easier. Ill have to take a look

Haha Ive never really experienced that, but that sure will be nice. Lets hope it doesnt freeze my door handle or the actual door shut. That can be fun.

And it does suck, My system can be installed in a manual car, but its like a video game cheat code to use it. And it sounded like you need to be in the car, so what would the point be anyways.

If the temp dial is just a potentiometer, a possibility could be a motorized pot that is Arduino controlled and when you push certain buttons on the remote it could make it full hot or full cold. Just an idea but something like that could work.
Yah I was thinking an aurduino or a PIC or something to control it. would need an interior temp sensor, then it turns the dial based on what you set it to with up/down buttons. Yah a little servo or a PWM voltage output. I'd have to see the circuit to know more.

I've had the door and handle frozen shut before on a Beretta, not fun.
I've also had where the door wouldn't latch closed because the ice kept it open and I had to thaw it out manually. lol.

Cam2363

Re: Viper 5301 Remote Start Not Working

Post by Cam2363 »

GT_Indy wrote:
Cam2363 wrote:
GT_Indy wrote:My 96 was from PA over 10 years ago. lol.

I was thinking just the temp dial can be replaced with a digital temp thing.
I usually leave the vent setting on MAX or bi-level anyways, fan I always put to high.

Keyless entry will be nice when an ice storm freezes your locks and your stuck taking a torch/lighter to the key before you stick it in the lock. Been there before. lol.

I wish there was a safe way to put a remote start on a manual trans car for my gtz, but I don't want to risk it.
Oh I see. That would probably be easier. Ill have to take a look

Haha Ive never really experienced that, but that sure will be nice. Lets hope it doesnt freeze my door handle or the actual door shut. That can be fun.

And it does suck, My system can be installed in a manual car, but its like a video game cheat code to use it. And it sounded like you need to be in the car, so what would the point be anyways.

If the temp dial is just a potentiometer, a possibility could be a motorized pot that is Arduino controlled and when you push certain buttons on the remote it could make it full hot or full cold. Just an idea but something like that could work.
Yah I was thinking an aurduino or a PIC or something to control it. would need an interior temp sensor, then it turns the dial based on what you set it to with up/down buttons. Yah a little servo or a PWM voltage output. I'd have to see the circuit to know more.

I've had the door and handle frozen shut before on a Beretta, not fun.
I've also had where the door wouldn't latch closed because the ice kept it open and I had to thaw it out manually. lol.
Yea. Ill have to mess around with that.

And I bet. Doesnt sound like fun