Arm Drop Live!

Need some setup advice, have some stories? For organized racing stories only! No street racing here!
Asylum

Arm Drop Live!

Post by Asylum »

Rich Christiansen (PINKS) brought his show to Toronto Motorsports Park this weekend and we went up to make some runs and watch the fun.

Weren't quick enough by a mile to qualify for the event but got about a dozen runs in over the two days.

Barbie's best was a somewhat disappointing 13.63 at 101.73 with the shift light at 6700.

However it was quite the show.

3500 is running just fine. Need some traction though. I think the Drag Radials have about had it.

:beer:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
woody90gtz

Re: Arm Drop Live!

Post by woody90gtz »

13.63 is nothing to sneeze at. Gonna try wrinkle wall slicks? That's my next pair of tires...

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

I was gonna say, 13.63 is great! Don't worry, one of these days you will hit the right combo and get it into the 12s.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

This car will never see a 12 with this combination.

I think on the right day, as Barb gets more seat time, and I crank the shift light to 7000 there "may" be a 13.40 in there.

She is getting pretty good at handling this little bugger, and when it breaks the tires loose on the 1-2 shift she won't back off.

But a 12 second run?? Not going to happen, and I'm NOT spending any more money on this silly car.

SOMEBODY BUY THE DAMN THING!!

Eric

Asylum Motorsports

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

I WISH I COULD!

And I just arranged to buy a real piece today. Holy fart in a box.

And right now, its 1/4 sec time would be infinite as it doesn't run. LMAO And if it was running, I doubt it would go much under 20 seconds.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Before investing in wrinkle wall slicks... (useless on a FWD car in my mind if you don't have the weight transfer solved yet) You need to <<< Solve the weight transfer to the rear... There are many ways to do this and I think it would net you better results than different tires. You don't get traction if you have no weight over the front end, regardless of how much rubber you put up there.

After I get my Torque converter done, I have some things to try... first is spring rubbers, next would be a solid bump stop that I can fit in at the track, and last will be a set of Saab Koni's that I can set the dampening on... that is if that's not only a recoil setting I'm not sure if it affects compression valving too... Anyone know?

And last resort is a solid bar that replaces the shock when at the strip, OR just get a set of wheelie bars made... :) LOL

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

It's still hooking up OK. 60' times were all in the 1.90's but the tires are getting alittle old.
No spin to speak of, but you could tell it wasn't great. It's interesting to stand beside your car as it launches. You notice alot of things you can't when driving.

However it still has a pretty good "squat"

Eric

Asylum Motorsports

KFLO 93 GT

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

Stick some deflated American footballs inside the rear springs, then air em up!

93 GTs
Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

Instant air bags, haha

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
KFLO 93 GT

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

How they are to get back out - I have no idea...

Heading more off topic, I'm gonna hit the strip again before the end of the month. Thinking the car should be a little faster with wheel bearings that aren't shitting out.

93 GTs
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

3X00-Modified wrote:Before investing in wrinkle wall slicks... (useless on a FWD car in my mind if you don't have the weight transfer solved yet) You need to <<< Solve the weight transfer to the rear... There are many ways to do this and I think it would net you better results than different tires. You don't get traction if you have no weight over the front end, regardless of how much rubber you put up there.

After I get my Torque converter done, I have some things to try... first is spring rubbers, next would be a solid bump stop that I can fit in at the track, and last will be a set of Saab Koni's that I can set the dampening on... that is if that's not only a recoil setting I'm not sure if it affects compression valving too... Anyone know?

And last resort is a solid bar that replaces the shock when at the strip, OR just get a set of wheelie bars made... :) LOL
Rebound only. The 8611 series konis are comp/rebound adj but there like 200 a pop I think, and there not direct bolt ons.

Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

I have airbags in the springs on my GT... They appear to be pretty effective.

Cliff Scott
jene

Post by jene »

Asylum wrote:Rich Christiansen (PINKS) brought his show to Toronto Motorsports Park this weekend and we went up to make some runs and watch the fun.

i thought he was done with arm drop..lol him and my buddy went and did a new pilot for a new show this last weekend called "no pits racing"...lol not sure yet how that will work out. They are really trying to bring pinks back and are having a debate on who should host it.. my buddy Willie B or brett Wagner (past time host)... I told em they should bring on a girl co host... wagner said i would be great at it... :D

hopefully they can bring back something here to bandimere so i can run my nova in it... i always miss out on the fun!

:runsies:

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Barry wrote: Rebound only. The 8611 series konis are comp/rebound adj but there like 200 a pop I think, and there not direct bolt ons.
Thanks...

the 8611's can they be modified to fit, or adapted to fit in any way? Similar length? similar mounting method? or just completely different?

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"