Tapatalk compatability

Submit your suggestions for our board. Talk to moderators about issues or posts
DUBS28

Re: Tapatalk compatability

Post by DUBS28 »

Hmmm, I checked settings as shown above and every box is checked so I would think I would be getting notified everytime anything happened but again I got the email notification with the link to the browser thread and nothing from Tapatalk. Maybe if I reply back from Tapatalk it will switch over.

GW Bancroft (on FB)
'91 Black GTZ
'93 Quasar GT 5-Speed (Under Construction)
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I'm not familiar with how tapatalk integrates with the forum so these are questions for Aaron which he can forward to his team if he doesn't know the answer. There is no "switch over" and it doesn't care where you've posted from... It's the application not getting the subscription notification and I'm not sure why.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DUBS28

Post by DUBS28 »

This time I got both notifications. Thinking I'd I just delete the email without opening the link it will stop future emails and hopefully continue Tapatalk Notifications. On this topic anyway.

GW Bancroft (on FB)
'91 Black GTZ
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Deleting the email will not stop email notifications... If your subscribed you get an email, there is no way to disable that... If you unsubscribe then I can only assume Tapatalk will not get a notification since it's disabled.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DUBS28

Post by DUBS28 »

So this is a lie?
You're right I got another email notification without viewing the topic in the browser. But I did view it on Tapatalk.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1413909657924.png

GW Bancroft (on FB)
'91 Black GTZ
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

But you viewed the topic... Tapatalk and the browser version of the topic are the same thing... they are not independent... Tapatalk as just a portal to the forum that is easier to browse vs using a full browser on the phone and having to zoom in and out.

What that message says is your getting a notification but if you DON'T read the topic and someone else posts you wont get another email, but as soon as you visit and read that topic then you will get a notification after that if someone replies. That's a way to eliminate you getting multiple emails of multiple posts but for only one topic.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DUBS28

Post by DUBS28 »

But now I have multiple notification emails that I have to delete because of our conversation this morning, as do you. And I've only gotten one notification from Tapatalk. Trying to make a valiant effort here, aren't you proud of me :-)

GW Bancroft (on FB)
'91 Black GTZ
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Yes because you've either visited the thread, or replied to it so you get a notification the next time I reply. It's working just as it should but the notifications from Tapatalk I can't comment on. That is a 3rd party application that is merely a window into the forum for ease of browsing on a smart phone.

The admin side of the forum has absolutely no configurable options for your tapatalk experience.

The forum will notify you of a reply since your last reading, or post to a thread. If you get a notification and do not visit the forum or reply to it and someone else posts again you will not receive another email, there could be up to 10 replies to the same thread and you would only get one email because you haven't re-visited it yet.

To be honest I don't bother using notifications from tapatalk because that would annoy the F out of me... Simply use the forum subscription option, you get an email and then you know there is a reply to a topic... Seeing how you probably get your email on your phone the tapatalk notification to me is simply redundant and appears to also be inconsistent. Just don't use the link in the email to visit the forum, just go to tapatalk and look. Once you open the forum in there you can look at only your subscriptions.

Top Option
Screenshot_2014-10-21-14-12-51.png

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DUBS28

Post by DUBS28 »

Got it. Thank you for helping me better understand how it all works. Your a good man no matter how grumpy everyone says you are ;-)

GW Bancroft (on FB)
'91 Black GTZ
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Tapatalk is now disabled on this site. It bypasses our spam filtering for registering users so all it's doing now is letting fake accounts in. You can visit this site on a mobile device and it will scale to view correctly so it's no longer necessary.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"