Not loged in lost post

Submit your suggestions for our board. Talk to moderators about issues or posts
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Not loged in lost post

Post by 3X00-Modified »

2.2H8TA wrote:I loged in like five mins. before I tried to post something, during, and after I was done typing I scrolled up to the top of the page to make sure it said I was logged in. When I hit submit it told me I wasn't loged in. I click go back to previous page, and it still says I'm loged in, so I tried it again, same result. WTF? Can someone please fix this problem, I'm getting sick of having to retype things. Don't mean to sound like a dick, I love this site, but c'mon man.
It's NOT a site problem. The far and few that have this issue is due to browser configuration and cookie saving. You need to clear your Internet cache and your cookies and RE-LOGIN and then see if it will stay.

You should NEVER use a back button on a browser on a website where you are logged in, there are multiple authentication processes that you can screw up when doing that, and when you hit back and saw yourself logged in your looking at a cached page on your PC not the actual status of the page.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Codyisin wrote:or heck dont even have the reply box show up unless your loged in?
I stated that back in the beginning.
3X00-Modified wrote:I'll double check with Will and maybe he can disable the posting box for those not logged in so you'll notice it before you try to type/submit anything.
It also sounds like this is two different issues...

On where someone attempts to post without logging in (Which I think can be solved with people just paying attention to the website and NOT changing it in any way) and then another where their PC is logging them out during their post composition process so when they hit submit they are no longer logged on.

Both of these issue lie in the hands of the user and not the website admin.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Couple of possibilities.

Your cookie could be mis-matching. To clear it do the following:

Actually log OUT.

Clear the site cookies from your browser.

For IE, goto tools, options from the menu. Click the "delete" button, it will take you to another page. In here check the boxes for cookies and temporary internet files, make sure ALL other boxes are unchecked, then click "Delete". This will purge the cookies and temp files. Close your browser and proceed to the next step.

For Firefox users, goto to tools then options. It will open a panel. Click the tab at the top labeled "Advanced". Under that there is a sub tab called "Network". Here should be a button labeled "clear now". This takes care of temp files in FF. For the cookies, go to the privacy tab at the top. Under that panel click on "show cookies". In the panel that opens there is a delete all cookies option. Once all that is done, close out and restart FF and proceed to the next step.

Revisit the site and enter user/password - check the box labeled "Keep me logged in" and then login.

See if this straightens it out at all.

If not, try from a different system, to eliminate yours as the problem.

Good luck.

Edit:

Since 3400 kinda beat me to some of it:

Anytime you are on a large majority of sites, they do not "live update" the page info. If I log into here, then leave the page open all day and the next, then come back and look at the top, sure its still going to say I'm logged in, even though my dial-up is off and I haven't touched it.

Now if I had hit refresh, or tried to reload the page, it would then have given me the error that I was offline! lol Anyways, my point is like what 3400. With this site you should never use the back button, as it will pull up the local copy, that has NO changes of the site since you visited at that point, even if it was a day ago.

Anyways, let me know if the above suggestions help.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

DTMAce wrote:Since 3400 kinda beat me to some of it:
This is true, but your explination on clearing your browser will help. I didn't have the time this AM to write the procedure for doing that :)

Thanks DTM

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

I know how to do all of that, I didn't use the back button in my browser, I used the thing on this site where it says go back to previous page. I will try all of these things, thanks 3X00 and DTMAce.

1994 AQUA ZED
jeff540

Post by jeff540 »

LOL,I thought it was just me with the not logged in,when i was.and my posts disappearing.yo,it's enough to piss off the pope.

Tazman

Post by Tazman »

I keep having the same problem. I login and read a topic but when I try to post it says I need to log in.

Not everyone loves a Beretta, But those of us that own one, love what we have.