Not loged in lost post

Submit your suggestions for our board. Talk to moderators about issues or posts
Codyisin

Not loged in lost post

Post by Codyisin »

So if you come to the site and are not loged in could it please be made so if you make a post you have a screen to login so you post isnt just erased...

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Not loged in lost post

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I'll double check with Will and maybe he can disable the posting box for those not logged in so you'll notice it before you try to type/submit anything.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

It does it when you're already logged in and it times out too. I get that a lot. Sometime you can go back real quick and grab it, but other times it is lost.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
diedemus

Post by diedemus »

The timeout it set to like a 2 or 3 hour window, and honestly from a security standpoint that is a bit excessive. As far as the login when posting as logged out goes, I will look into it tomorow, I have a few updates to do then.

speedy

Post by speedy »

how about when you make an entire how to thread, pictures and all, hit submit, and the dam thing asks you to log in.... that, just makes you want to punch something, and if your keyboard is anything like mine was, it wont hold up to well..... :-)

1991 beretta GTZ- 2.3l w41 cams, ported 086 head with a 3 angle valve job, fidanza flywheel with exedy racing clutch, 3.94fdr from and scx, so much more..
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

That sound like a local cookie issue or timeout on your side. I build my how to's in word or something so I don't loose my work.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

Or you could just hit Ctrl and A on your keyboard to copy the entire post , image links and all, to your clipboard on your comp, and THEN hit enter. If it messes up on you all you've got to do is hit Ctrl and V to paste the entire post again. I got into this habit on a few boards as they too had the nasty habit of erasing posts or freezing up.

2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

I've been having the same problem, lets see if this one works.

1994 AQUA ZED
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

Ok it didn't do it to me that time but it does it wayyyyyyyyyy to often.

1994 AQUA ZED
Wanako

Post by Wanako »

SuzukiGhostRider wrote:Or you could just hit Ctrl and A on your keyboard to copy the entire post , image links and all, to your clipboard on your comp, and THEN hit enter. If it messes up on you all you've got to do is hit Ctrl and V to paste the entire post again. I got into this habit on a few boards as they too had the nasty habit of erasing posts or freezing up.
exactly what i do.

Lutjebroeker.nl

Post by Lutjebroeker.nl »

Not logged-in post are a very easy way for spammers and hackers.
I know it i'm fighting them every day.
And this phpbb forum is very good but has some small buggs
But when you make it like B...ff you will be getting some F...in hackers that wanna F... things up.
My opinion is "adept & accept"

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

I think you meant "Adapt and Accept", or maybe "Adopt and Accept".

Adept means that you are very good at a particular task. :D

As for using the board in general, I have dial-up here. I never have login/logout issues. Hell I have been gone for months, popped back on and it logged my ass right back in!

But I will agree on the ctrl-a and copy everything before you post, just in case something goes wrong or you hit the back button or whatever. I hate retyping, especially if its one of my long winded posts... But I never post those.... lol

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I have a feeling the issue lies in how a persons PC is setup especially if they use auto login and save the cookie file for here. If they are on a PC that is not set to auto login then yes that one could generate some issues. Or if they have some other PC issue it may log them out.

I've never had a problem, even on my phone It logs me in just fine and has never logged me out.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Codyisin

Post by Codyisin »

Never ment to alow people to post not loged in.. just ment for a little message like hey your not loged in please login now to continue posting... or heck dont even have the reply box show up unless your loged in?

2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

I loged in like five mins. before I tried to post something, during, and after I was done typing I scrolled up to the top of the page to make sure it said I was logged in. When I hit submit it told me I wasn't loged in. I click go back to previous page, and it still says I'm loged in, so I tried it again, same result. WTF? Can someone please fix this problem, I'm getting sick of having to retype things. Don't mean to sound like a dick, I love this site, but c'mon man.

1994 AQUA ZED