New to me 95 Beretta GT

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
banzai92gt

Re: New to me 95 Beretta GT

Post by banzai92gt »

As long as they go to a good home im happy. Im itching to get my new seat rails welded in and found someone who could come over to do them!

We need to get one of my Z bumpers down and stripped, fix the wee bit of smile it has and toss er on as well!

1995 Z26 - 3500 5spd TURBO
sspaulding

Post by sspaulding »

ya I we still need to source out some Z side skirts and a bumper as well.

skoot88

Post by skoot88 »

Rettax3 wrote:Nice find! Welcome to the addiction! Berettas can be like potato-chips -sometimes one just isn't enough! It sounds like you have some good plans for this car. Just watch out for the lower intake manifold gaskets on those M-code 3100s, they tend to crack and leak coolant into the engine oil, replace them with Fel-Pro, Dorman, or Victor-Reinz steel-and-rubber ones, and those engines can run forever.
I thought these 3100's were a headgasket problem, i always hated these, i have had 2 blow different cars (coolant on both going out the exhaust) and my brother had a 99 or 2000 malibu with the 3100 blow, i always missed the original 3.1 mpfi

Skoot88 base 2.8
Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

skoot88 wrote:
Rettax3 wrote:Nice find! Welcome to the addiction! Berettas can be like potato-chips -sometimes one just isn't enough! It sounds like you have some good plans for this car. Just watch out for the lower intake manifold gaskets on those M-code 3100s, they tend to crack and leak coolant into the engine oil, replace them with Fel-Pro, Dorman, or Victor-Reinz steel-and-rubber ones, and those engines can run forever.
I thought these 3100's were a headgasket problem, i always hated these, i have had 2 blow different cars (coolant on both going out the exhaust) and my brother had a 99 or 2000 malibu with the 3100 blow, i always missed the original 3.1 mpfi
Head gaskets can go of course, but on these engines, that typically happens AFTER the LIMG failure caused the engine to overheat! I hate the OE LIMGs on the 3x00s!! I too like the 3.1 MPFIs, low-end torque, responsive mid-range, very durable and reliable engines. GM wasn't scraping aluminum off of the old MPFI heads to save 3/4s of .01% of a penny back then -those heads are much stouter than a 3100's heads, of course they flow air like the nearly solid brick they are, but... I'll still take 'em for boost over a 3x00 any day. :pardon:

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
sspaulding

Post by sspaulding »

ya, not too much leaking and no coolant leaks. still a few oil leaks i'm tracking down.

just finished installing a remote start/keyless entry which is nice for the colder months here.

finally found a rear bumper, now i'm just on the hunt for the Z sideskirts. getting really close to be able to get it all prepped for paint.

sspaulding

Post by sspaulding »

and finally found the gtz parts i've been looking all winter for (and locally at that) and now I can swap everything out.

The front bumper and side skirts need some fiberglass repair, but nothing major. And I decided to install the rear bumper today.

sspaulding

Post by sspaulding »

this is going to be a long one as its been a busy summer working on the ol' girl.

the GTZ bumpers and sideskirts needed some repairs so started doing that and got those in tip top shape again. The front bumper was pretty messed up when I got them.

Then it was onto the body stuff, first up was sanding the room and repriming (apparently it helps if you use primer and not grey spray paint :S)

Then primed all the body kit stuff and sanded smooth

and then actual body panels

June 15th it was finally time for paint, and thanks to my buddy for doing the paint work for me.

another layer of primer (I think that's a total of like 4 layers of primer now lol.

and the clear over the white basecoat :D looks soooo good.

looks soo good, but was missing the sideskirts (needed to let the paint cure fully before putting those one)

Then the radiator decided it wanted to start leaking like a damn (cracked upper hose portion)....so got that all fixed up, except the new radiator I got had different transcooler fittings in it, so had to bypass that and put in an external one. And while in there decided to clean up the lower rad support. Who knew it was white under all that dirt and grease.

soooo dirty :(
sooo clean :)
all put back together and fully bled and working great.

3 weeks later, it was time for side skirts (oh and new rims thanks to banzai :)) and changed out the front grill for a solid one which was color matched to the car.

Then some asshat in the middle of the night decided they wanted to try and take out my mirror.....mine won lol, and thankfully I had a spare one kicking around. You can see the other cars mirror in front of my car.
good as new....sorta
this is how much the original mirror was bent...it got hit pretty good.

after that was sorted, it was back to the door inserts to complete the GTZ body kit install

since I didn't have a complete set of center caps...and we just so happened to get a 3d printer at work, me and the guys decided to 3d print some new ones...fit really well actually. and I was going to lower the car the other day but turns out the springs I had available to me were for an 87-94 and wouldn't work, so I did some cleaning and sprucing up instead. Also swapped out the rear seats for the GTZ ones so that they match the front seats.

no low :(
cleaned up the front cowl covers.

banzai92gt

Post by banzai92gt »

looks good dude! glad you can use the 16 years of parts gathering ive been doing to your advantage!

1995 Z26 - 3500 5spd TURBO
sspaulding

Post by sspaulding »

thanks dude...the inside definitely wouldn't look this nice if it wasn't for those parts. Might have to do some more shopping in the garage soon lol.