The Z26 you all wanted to see

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
Cam2363

Re: The Z26 you all wanted to see

Post by Cam2363 »

More issues lol. When I was accelerating today, I heard a pop and a bunch of white smoke. Thankfully it was just coolant. Not anything major. The quick disconnect fitting for the heater core hose blew off and launched coolant everywhere.

After fixing that, i went back to the car an hour later to drive back to work and it was running really rough, then I got a misfire on cylinder 2 code. So I'll have to fix that. Not sure if it's a bad wire, plug, or coil yet. But my guess is it might be coil related as the coil pack got soaked

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Cam2363

Post by Cam2363 »

No more issues since then. I think I'm going to swap my plugs to the old ones to see if that solves my rough idle, but I'm gonna try and turn the limit screw on the TB first to see if that fixes anything, because it idles around 680 and I think that's a little low.

I also got an on-star compass mirror. I plan to program one of the buttons to open my garage door, and the other ones, I am undecided.

I also am getting a lumina steering wheel. I loved the way it looked in woody90gtz car, so I decided to also get one haha.

Next up, is fixing the brakes, I need to replace the calipers and the pads because my passenger one was acting weird, so I'm just replacing them all. I also am gonna flush the brakes. I also plan to rebuild the rear brakes as they could use it, just not replacing the drums. I'm also replacing the parking brake cable and adjuster as the adjuster is so rusted, it doesnt move, so my parking brake doesnt even hold at all until the last 3 clicks.

After all that. I want to try and do lighting. I want to finally get my head lights leveled, and upgrade them to LEDs. Does anyone have any good brands they used for the headlight leds?

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

Cam2363 wrote:I also am getting a lumina steering wheel. I loved the way it looked in woody90gtz car, so I decided to also get one haha.
They look very nice, and feel good too. Waaay better styling than the clunky Airbag wheel -but there you go, you will lose your Airbag... My 'old' '95 Z has one of those wheels too, I also have one ready for the 'new' '95, and one for my '97 Turbo Z-24... :D I don't like Airbags though... :crazy: The Lumina wheel in the 'old' Z does squeak a little as the back of it rubs slightly in the column -I have lived with it for several years though, and it is so minor that I keep forgetting to spread a light silicone grease film on the back of the wheel...

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
Cam2363

Re: RE: Re: The Z26 you all wanted to see

Post by Cam2363 »

Rettax3 wrote:
Cam2363 wrote:I also am getting a lumina steering wheel. I loved the way it looked in woody90gtz car, so I decided to also get one haha.
They look very nice, and feel good too. Waaay better styling than the clunky Airbag wheel -but there you go, you will lose your Airbag... My 'old' '95 Z has one of those wheels too, I also have one ready for the 'new' '95, and one for my '97 Turbo Z-24... :D I don't like Airbags though... :crazy: The Lumina wheel in the 'old' Z does squeak a little as the back of it rubs slightly in the column -I have lived with it for several years though, and it is so minor that I keep forgetting to spread a light silicone grease film on the back of the wheel...
Awesome! The beretta wheel is nice. But I think this one looks so much better. You mention the squeaking. I know my wheel sometimes does that. It kinda sounds like when you rub a wet finger on clean glass.

The only thing I wonder is if the airbag isnt there. Will it throw a code? And how would I bypass it if it does?

Cam2363

Post by Cam2363 »

So my rear main also appears to be leaking. I'm not taking it apart to fix it. Would you guys think some of that Lucas stop leak stuff would stop it?

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

Exactly the same squeak -I never had that with the original wheel though -odd that you do. :unknown: And yes, without the Airbag, it certainly WILL throw a Code -the SIR or Airbag light will be on constantly until you pull the bulb, or yank the fuses... On my '95s, the DERM (Module) for the Airbag (SIR) is energized by fuse #3, the light is powered by fuse #9, and the system is activated by a crank signal fuse in a special CONN PACK under the dash near the base of the column (look for a large-gauge purple wire, like the one to your starter solenoid). Pulling fuses may lead to the loss of other systems though, like fuse #9 does more than just power the Airbag indicator bulb, so pulling the bulb is the best solution. It won't cause the engine MIL ('Service Engine Soon' light) to trigger as it doesn't effect emissions, so don't worry about that.

1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
Cam2363

Post by Cam2363 »

Rettax3 wrote:Exactly the same squeak -I never had that with the original wheel though -odd that you do. :unknown: And yes, without the Airbag, it certainly WILL throw a Code -the SIR or Airbag light will be on constantly until you pull the bulb, or yank the fuses... On my '95s, the DERM (Module) for the Airbag (SIR) is energized by fuse #3, the light is powered by fuse #9, and the system is activated by a crank signal fuse in a special CONN PACK under the dash near the base of the column (look for a large-gauge purple wire, like the one to your starter solenoid). Pulling fuses may lead to the loss of other systems though, like fuse #9 does more than just power the Airbag indicator bulb, so pulling the bulb is the best solution. It won't cause the engine MIL ('Service Engine Soon' light) to trigger as it doesn't effect emissions, so don't worry about that.
Do you think I would fail Inspection because that code would be stored?

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

I just pulled the bulb on both of mine with the airbag delete. no issues for a dozen plus years...

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Cam2363

Post by Cam2363 »

woody90gtz wrote:I just pulled the bulb on both of mine with the airbag delete. no issues for a dozen plus years...
Ok sounds good to me haha.

Cam2363

Post by Cam2363 »

Turns out exhaust rattle was because my dad ripped the hanger when trying to get the exhaust back on. No big deal. Ordered a new one.

New wheel and mirror coming tomorrow!

Heater core also came today. Planning on replacing that monday. So that will be fun

Still need to figure out the rough idle. And figure out why it creaks like an old man when starting from stop. And clicks when I turn right and clunks when I hit a hiccup in the road

Cam2363

Post by Cam2363 »

Wheel came today. The harmonic puller I have it too big, so I have to go get one, but I am excited.

Now, can any one tell me how they hooked the horn up? I have an idea but want to see if there is a best wayImage

Cam2363

Post by Cam2363 »

I also still have speakers and an amp to install haha. So much to do!

Cam2363

Post by Cam2363 »

Wheel looks great! Also got the mirror installed, but I need to figure out how to make it switched accessory power, not on all the time.

Now, the heater core, dont even get me started. It was one of the biggest pains ever to get it done, and when it was done, it doesnt even have heat. I need to figure out why it doesnt put out heat, but its definetly annoying doing all this and now not getting any heatImage

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

That looks great! I really like how the red bow-tie is set off by your interior color. Does it squeak? :wink:

1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
Cam2363

Post by Cam2363 »

Rettax3 wrote:That looks great! I really like how the red bow-tie is set off by your interior color. Does it squeak? :wink:
Same! And well kinda. It didnt seem to want to install all the way, so the lip on the back doesnt even go over the gray part of the colum. So sometimes when I turn it, it rubs

Only issue is, it's about 10° off of center when I go straight, and its lined up right because the horn connector holes line up. My old wheel was a little off too, so my alignment is messed up, and that was after getting it aligned. Apparently when the shop was aligning it, something was so tight it wouldnt move even after getting red hot. So they installed the tie rods I was too lazy to install. But it was as good as they were able to get it.