Beretta Convertible on ebay?!?

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
JeffD

Beretta Convertible on ebay?!?

Post by JeffD »

While perusing through listings I found what looks to be the Red Convertible from the "Goodie Bin" that some shop is parting-out! I'm not much of a 'Vert guy, but I know that these things are pretty rare and some of us on here would love to have one. If you live near Mason Michigan, and hopefully the car isn't completely destroyed, you might be able to get this car!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Grille-Excludi ... Swl2hcYYCM

Could it possibly be this one:
Last edited by JeffD on Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JeffD

Re: Beretta Convertible on ebay?!?

Post by JeffD »

If you look at the item description they even list a VIN. I was under the impression that these didn't have real VINs and were test mules/press cars.

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

WTF? I had to see it to believe it. How can THAT CAR be sitting THERE? Somebody, please, try to rescue that thing! :o It is waaay too far away for me to get to. :sorry:

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
weba

Post by weba »

Those pictures are at least 10 year old, maybe more. Crushed long ago, they just use the same pictures..

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

Schram gets a lot of weird stuff... They are the ones who bought-out the last of the '06 G-6 GTP F40 six-speed transmissions from Getrag -had a huge stockpile of them. I noticed the other cars around the Beretta weren't of the same era, and the stock-number matched the windshield tag, and had some hope for it... Oh well. :fool:

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

I've sent a message about the spoiler, mirrors and gauge cluster to see if they have any other parts or if the car is being parted out at this time. Weba, I'm hoping that you are wrong, not to be able to flaunt it or anything, but I'm really hoping that someone could potentially get that car. We'll see what they say.

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

I lived by this yard, and can tell you it's long gone. This place doesn't keep parts like this around...

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

The truth hurts... I've been looking for the convertible spoiler for years and I guess I'll never get one... They messaged back and said that they had an assortment of grilles, bumper covers and light housings but none from the same car. I realize that literally no one cares about these cars except us, but wouldn't it seem that after taking 1000's of Berettas over the years a yard like this would realize that this thing was a unicorn? I'm not sure what they could do, if anything, once someone decides to scrap a car; to my knowledge once the car's VIN has been submitted to the state as a vehicle being dismantled or crushed it'll never be back on the road... I could be wrong though.

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

There is a gentleman that randomly posts on here about having convertible spoilers for sale (not cheap) - he bought the stock from Cars and Concepts when they closed down. Search for Ken Hahn and you should find his number, starts with 586 I believe.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions