Really needed help troubleshooting

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
LisaMartinez

Really needed help troubleshooting

Post by LisaMartinez »

now I have Haynes owners manual a little stuck on knowing how to read the wiring diagram. Needed help with how to test fuse box electrical my number 13 fuse has no power on or off, it use to. 7 + 11 are draining my battery died.but fuses aren't blown. By doing a short test.

ifixalot

Re: Really needed help troubleshooting

Post by ifixalot »

On my 1988, #13 is instrument lamps. I think it would only have power if your headlight/parking light were on.
I have no idea what you are asking with #7 #11. They are draining your battery? #7 is parking and side marker lights
and license plate lamps. # 11 Is coutesy lamps, clock door locks cigarette lighter etc.
If you have the cover from the fuse panel, this should be on the inside of the cover.
What year Beretta is this?
I assume you are still trying to get the car to start? Rettax3 gave you a step by step guide on how to troubleshoot.
Did you go though the steps?
Also, your messages are hard to understand with the spelling corrector or whatever is
causing your messages to be hard to understand. Maybe you could proof read to make sure we know what you are saying.

LisaMartinez

Post by LisaMartinez »

will do thank you for replying back and yes im still trying to get my car started. On the number 7 and number 11 fuses there is a short in them but the fuses are not popped and if I leave them in the battery will drain in about 2 hours.
I even bought haynes manual for it. But kind of not understanding it when it leaves from one circuit to the next I'll take some pictures of it . I did have one bad coil I replaced it I'm getting spark I'm getting a crankshaft sensor signal I think I'm not getting RPM signal. how would I go about doing that.

ifixalot

Post by ifixalot »

How do you know you are not getting RPM signal when the engine doesn't run? If you have spark, you must be getting RPM signal.
As far as the short or shorts, look at the cigarette lighter, maybe something in there shorting it out. Maybe the side marker lights are
full of corrosion too. The side markers crack and let water in causing corrosion in the bulb holder. Maybe it's enough the make the battery drain.
I don't understand "not understanding it when it leaves from one circuit to the next"
I suggest also that you go over to facebook. There is a Beretta group over there that is more active. Maybe you can find somebody who lives close to you
who can help you. Good luck.