Common problems with beretta's

Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Guest »

Quote (BerettaGT/14ASEcerts @ June 25 2003,07:31)4.changing the belt on your 4cyl
see this thread
http://www.beretta.net/board....;t=1468
This is the problem I'm having. I took my alternator off, but now I can't figure out how to get the belt back on. I thought I was finally going to get an answer, but the link doesn't work anymore. Please help.

gypsy

Post by gypsy »

Im not sure how to fix my loose and rattling door panels on my 88GT I have the old style door panels. Any suggestions?

---------------------RESPECT YOUR ELDERS!---------------------
pudamobile

Post by pudamobile »

Another fairly common problem, so to speak, with Berettas was recently shed to light by BerettaLove32, the TCC. After the engine/tranny have warmed up it'll cause the Beretta to die, and in extremely bad cases, start but not move until you replace the Solenoid.

pudamobile
1990 Beretta GT 3.1
Cherrybomb glasspack
Jeff P

Post by Jeff P »

(gypsy @ May 10 2005,21:44)Q
U
O
T
EIm not sure how to fix my loose and rattling door panels on my 88GT I have the old style door panels. Any suggestions?
Hey    I'm sure everyone here has had the same problem you're having.  The first thing you need is some plastic door panel screws, GM Part# 15600382.  You'll need 7 for each door panel.  Use a screwdriver or trim removal tool to remove the door panel.  There are also some Phillips screws, including one holding the door handle bezel, and a Torx screw or two holding the door panel on.  Pry next to each plastic trim screw (you'll see most of them if you look through the space between the panel and the door) being careful not to crack the plastic of the door panel.  By the way, the GM screws have gotten pretty expensive:  71 cents apiece was what I just bought them for.  You should be able to find the same screws in a parts store like AutoZone or Schuck's if you take one of your old ones with you.  The upper anchor, which is attached to the inner pull handle, many times comes loose or breaks.  This is repairable, but takes a while.  You'll need to cut some sheet metal in the shape of the anchor, then screw them together.  As far as your map pockets go, you can glue them to the door or drill new holes and screw it back in.  Hope this helps!

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi

Post by Guest »

I'm seeing yellow goo on the inside of my oil cap (3.1 V6).  Is there anything else that causes that except a leaking intake manifold gasket?

Also, I'm getting vibration from the engine in reverse, especially when cold.  Loose motor mount or exhaust?

scrappy

Post by scrappy »

My gtu has a leak form my sunroof, I can never see it drip but there are drops of water hanging off the latch. Can the sunroof drain lines being plugged cause it to leak? I know that when I close the doors, I can see the sunroof jump and that is when it seems to me that it is leaking because the water is not draining from around the sunroof.

'89 white GTU with blue int. Just got a '00 3400 longblock dropped in. more to come.

Post by Guest »

I have a 95 and the light for the abs is always on. Has anyone else ever had this problem or know how to fix it?

revenger

Post by revenger »

I have a abs light on to I also have a 95.
My problem is that the rear driverside wheel speed sensor is not working any more.

You can tell if its the abs master cylinder or not if the light goes out after starting the engine and only goes on when you start moving. In this case like mine its probably a wheel speed sensor or wiring to the sensors.

Decipha

Post by Decipha »

i have 2 95 base's one has the abs light on... the other hasn't given me a problem, i just ordered a scan tool, after i fix it i'll post the problem i have with my abs

(4) 90s, 91, 92, 93, 94, and a 95 Supercoupe (x9)
98 Camaro SS 6spd
2000 Lincoln LS 5spd (1 of 2,331)
95 Beretta base

www.efidynotuning.com
aintlifegrand

Post by aintlifegrand »

Just a quick note to people haveing overheating issues that are possibly thermostat related, dont EVER buy a stant thermostat.  I am on number three right now and i believe it just failed (found out after some very helpful posts by users of this site).  As difficult as they are to put in (on the 95 3100 at least) it sucks to do it multiple times.  DONT BUY STANT!

Post by Guest »

i have a89 gtu with the 3rd light out and there are no bulbs there for me to find the new ones any one know the # for the lights it takes 2 in the 3rd light any help

BerettaNut88

Post by BerettaNut88 »

i have a 89 gt with 2.8, my engine stalls when i get on the gas and have to restart it, it starts right up after it stalls, anyone have some ideas to this problem? I have changed the fuel pressure regulator and fuel filter.

Travis Ferguson
Jeff P

Post by Jeff P »

What's the fuel pressure reading?  Maybe the pump can't keep up.  Could also be your IAC valve I suppose.

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi
Retta88GT

Post by Retta88GT »

The headlight buttons in my '88 are shot, as is the wiper switch.   The wiper motors are long gone, also.  Luckily, it doesn't rain much here in Vegas.

I'm going to hook everything up to toggle switches!  

It was only supposed to be a #3 decal on the back window....
Retta88GT

Post by Retta88GT »

(gypsy @ May 10 2005,20:44)QUOTEIm not sure how to fix my loose and rattling door panels on my 88GT I have the old style door panels. Any suggestions?
I have an '88 too, and I ditched mine.  I'm replacing them with sheets of diamond plate.  The only thing I'm trying to figure out is how to deal with the door levers and lock.  I'm going to mount armrests to them.

It was only supposed to be a #3 decal on the back window....