Common problems with beretta's

Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Guest »

Quote (feelgood7777 @ Oct. 06 2003,18:54)I believe this is one of the biggest and its been over looked, Gas door hinge rusting and breaking.
Yup.  Good point.  I've seen many Beretta/Corsicas missing the gas doors.  My 88 lost it years ago.

(nice color btw, my 95 is the same!   )

Post by Guest »

Thompson........Once upon a time I used Valvoline and found the same thing. I've never used it since. Maybe it was formulated for Hondas!

Post by Guest »

Your right about the fuel door hinge. Is everyone as foolish as me to pay about $100 (Canadian) for one! I also get funny looks when I get one coffee at Tim Hortons and have to ask for a tray. They laugh and say: "what, you don't have a cupholder!"

feelgood7777

Post by feelgood7777 »

I actually just bought a hinge off here for 10 bux shipped

1994 Adriatic Blue Z26

Mods:  GTS Solar Wing, GTS Headlight Covers, DEI 600 Amp, Infinity Kappa 4X6's & 6X9's, Viper Car Alarm, Lunar Lights, Infinity Reference 12"

Tranny # 2

Post by Guest »

I bought a new fuel  door hinge last year. They have had such a problem with them the salesman assured me the new doors are new and improved(Ha Ha). I guess they reinforced the new part in the aftermarket world. No wonder, ever beretta i see is missing one.

Post by Guest »

I don't know about everyone else 's cars but mine,  wich is a 92 GT with no fuel door as well, has no rear inner quarter panel splash gaurd, or the rear inner wheel well plastic splash gaurd, what ever you want to call it, and I would have to guess and say this would play a big part in why my fuel door rusted off but I'm not sure if it came with one or not because I bought the car used, by the way it does have 271000 Km on her so I still not complaining this car still runs really strong and I drive her H.A.R.D

Post by Guest »

its me again I was woundering if I could pic your guys brain on motor mounts I'm just woundering if should replace all of them at once or just the one that is worn, which is the lower right stabilizer one, and how much can I expect to pay for these or at least the one that I need.
Oh my car is a 92' Beretta GT auto with 271000 on her. Off the topic question, did this car ever come with a 5 speed for the 3.1L for an option,I would love to change it over

feelgood7777

Post by feelgood7777 »

Yes the 3.1 did come with 5 speed's

1994 Adriatic Blue Z26

Mods:  GTS Solar Wing, GTS Headlight Covers, DEI 600 Amp, Infinity Kappa 4X6's & 6X9's, Viper Car Alarm, Lunar Lights, Infinity Reference 12"

Tranny # 2

Post by Guest »

Hey feenal...I broke my tourqe strut(lower passenger side motor mount) racing a Z24 didn't piss me off. I beat him on the jump untill that happened. It's only a $20cdn part.

Post by Guest »

OK.....if you gota  3.1 mpfi...theya re nitorious for leaking oil... The O ring in the oil pump is probably bad. You can tell tis the O ring by looking back under your TB on the shelf/ engine block where a round cap is...if severe oil is there u might have a bad leak....also low oil pressure will result. The O ring is fairly easy to change.... Just move the fuel injector and a coolant hose..pull it out and replace the oring...Watch it over 3-7 days to make sure there isnt more oil leaking out.

Any other questions i could probably get more detailed.

Mike

Post by Guest »

yea ive got a 94 Z26(3.1) i usually burn about a litter of oil for every 5000 to 6000kms. i dont know if thats bad or not. i change my oil religously. the only time i had a problem was with that valvoline max life. maybe because its a thinner oil. ill take a look at my oil pump. also my oil gauge flucuates(just slightly) i wonder if im losing presure somewhere? Thanks for the idea!!!

Post by Guest »

i've had a problem with my beretta not starting after putting in a bunch of stupid sensors and a fuel pump, TJ in IL told me a solution once, its called K.I.S.S.- Keep It Simple Stupid, heres my solution have a lot of tools and one more thing Know what your doing.  My problem was fuel injectors, all six of them were bad and not reading any ohms at all, so check you injectors if your car doesn't want to start.

Post by Guest »

Well Thompson and anyone else who cares to know, If you think your quad-4 is going to die mine just rolled over 400 000 km. I hope you all have the same luck. It has a few "seep" leaks and I put maybe 2 liters of oil in it every 5k so if you ask me a litle oil burning is probably a good thing

Post by Guest »

My '89 gt 5-speed hasent had many problems just a few sensors and timing chain. Except for the cv axles I replaced them about 15k ago , then about 5-7k after the driverside shaft broke in half. I replaced it then (for free) and now I think one is going out again. No problems like this out there ?

Post by Guest »

can anyone help?

I have a '95 beretta 3.1L with OBD1 diagnostics. The check engine light comes on after warm-up.
The chiltons says you can short terminal B to A(ground) & "flash" the codes out but my car doesn't have a terminal B.
I've checked around & the GM code readers for OBD1 are only good up to '93 for the Beretta.
The connector on my car only has terminal A & M (which is serial data out).
How can I access the codes.
Also does anyone know the technical spec for the OBD1 on this car, basically I'm looking for the specs a company would use to design a code reader for it.

Any help would be appreciated.