Common problems with beretta's

Frequently Asked Questions
BradleysGF

Post by BradleysGF »

i think a big over looked problem is the doors. from being big and heavy, my doors rattle with loose parts, and the door panels have come apart from the door before. Another problem i have ahd is the headliner fell down while i was driving but i got that fixed!

J£§§¡ÇÄ

88' Base Beretta
Mostly stock, but I'm working on that! ;-)

Post by Guest »

Ok to help a few of you out, While the standard Beretta Fuel Cap Doors are nice and look good on or off   ÂÂÂ my strong recommendation if your not worried about a stock look is to go to someplace like Sparco.com or some offbrand version and buy the fuel doors they have. ÂÂÂ Now they'll run ya about 30USD to 100USD depending on the brand. ÂÂÂ To give ya an idea of what they look like, they are the same feul doors on the Mitsu Eclipse's. ÂÂÂ And to answer your headliner problem, ditch that fiberglass/cardboard thing that came stock and custom cut your own plexiglass piece, just keep the same velco on the roof as you'll need to glue new pieces to the plexiglass, then apply your fabric of choice, ÂÂÂ it'll stick much better and is much cheaper in the long run. ÂÂÂ Average cost: approx 45USD ÂÂÂ hope this helps ya'll out

Post by Guest »

the extreme most common problem that drives me nuts is always seein the berettas with the warped and cracked dash .....the only recap dash u can get is carpet!!! who the hell wants a carpet dash in a car like these???

spacecadetz26

Post by spacecadetz26 »

there is a plastic cover available for 87-90 Cars it costs around $100. Trick is NEVER USE Armor All or any other protectant products on your dash, I already had to replace the dash in my 96 for using a protectant spray product. Dont do it!

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package

Post by Guest »

Quote (BradleysGF @ Mar. 01 2004,20:25)i think a big over looked problem is the doors. from being big and heavy, my doors rattle with loose parts, and the door panels have come apart from the door before. Another problem i have ahd is the headliner fell down while i was driving but i got that fixed!
my doors rattle too in my 91 GTZ. I put a sponge in between the power lock motor and the metal casing of the door to keep it from rattling for now until i find a cure for it.

92BerettaProject

Post by 92BerettaProject »

Quote (spacecadetz26 @ Mar. 09 2004,15:56)Trick is NEVER USE Armor All or any other protectant products on your dash, I already had to replace the dash in my 96 for using a protectant spray product. Dont do it!
What do you recommend for dashes?

The Kids: Fast and Faster.
spacecadetz26

Post by spacecadetz26 »

GM vinyl cleaner is all you need. along with a sunshade.

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package

Post by Guest »

Good tips stepth.
 What about the ever so common problem of the GTZ/Z26 front bumpers cracking at the air dam and always smiling at ya.

payback

Post by payback »

i have two questions, one is HOW COME I CANT START A TOPIC!?and secondly, where in Bnet can i find out common  problems and fixes for the corsicas??

'96Z26:Eibach springs, KYB struts, GM Strut brace, K&N cone

Post by Guest »

Quote (Thompson @ Sep. 20 2003,06:02)Now i've come across another one, water has been coming into my trunk for the last few months, it's not my weather stripping. I've been told it could be coming in through by my taillights. I was hoping this may be a common problem. Any ideas.:rock:
Maybe a backglass or sideglass seal.  I've had a similar problem with mine on my '89 GT.  If it's like mine was, it was/is dripping above the RR fender well from inside the trunk.  My best suggestion is if it's in good condition, you'd probably want to get the windows resealed professionally.  I'd first try to find out where it's leaking though.  Mine has the rear split folding seats and I actually crawled into the trunk (if you're claustrophobic, you'll find out soon) from inside with a flashlight while someone sprayed the car down with water and waited to see a leak.  It's not that hard though to tell that it's leaking from the same spot as mine was, because it'll be dripping onto the RR fender well cover inside the trunk and then saturating it down to the floor of the trunk.  If you have the carpet linings...  it'll be apparent.

Post by Guest »

Quote (iyirlucky @ Oct. 20 2003,15:59)OK.....if you gota  3.1 mpfi...theya re nitorious for leaking oil... The O ring in the oil pump is probably bad. You can tell tis the O ring by looking back under your TB on the shelf/ engine block where a round cap is...if severe oil is there u might have a bad leak....also low oil pressure will result. The O ring is fairly easy to change.... Just move the fuel injector and a coolant hose..pull it out and replace the oring...Watch it over 3-7 days to make sure there isnt more oil leaking out.

Any other questions i could probably get more detailed.

Mike
i know this post was made quite a while ago, but i have a nasty nagging oil leak in my beretta so i decided to change the oil pan gasket and still leaking. i cannot pinpoint the location of the leak but basically the oil is leaking off the oil pan onto the ground. it appears to be all over the back of the engine. where can i get this o-ring and what is it called exactly? thanks!!

cramez

Post by cramez »

That's the distributor plug o-ring.  There's a write-up for the repair that's pretty good and has pictures as well.  GM has the o-ring, and autozone carries a Fel-Pro version of it.  Both are less than $2.  

http://www.berettastuff.com/repair/fix.php?what=dplug

2002 Monte Carlo SS - Daily Driver
1984 Z28 - 355/5-speed
1978 Jeep CJ-5 Renegade
1955 house - sucks up all the car money

Ebay Beretta Parts (changes weekly): http://motors.shop.ebay.com/cramez/m.html?...from=&_ipg=
payback

Post by payback »

i had the same problem with my '89 gtu awhile back, i was told it was the rear main seal, oil would leak from the back of the motor onto the ground but everytime i checked my oil the oil level was fine....idunno:p

'96Z26:Eibach springs, KYB struts, GM Strut brace, K&N cone

Post by Guest »

that oil leak is history, all because of that little $.98 o-ring!!! thanks everyone

Post by Guest »

Faulty hood latch or faulty driver? has anyone elses hood flew up and busted their windshield due to being impropperly latched?