Turn signals, hazards flasher, high beams,

Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Guest »

On my 1994 3100, none of the folowing systems work:

Turn signals, Hazard flashers, high beams, horn

My friends dad (Master Tech) said its some kind of turn signal switcher in the column. How exactly do I go about changing this thing? Any help apreciated.

Post by Guest »

from the FAQ section

#6 WHY WON'T MY HIGH BEAMS OR BLINKERS WORK ANYMORE?
-Your turn signal stalk is bad, and you need to remove the steering wheel to get at it. If your a do-it-yourself-er, you could probably accomplish it with the right kind of tools and a good manual (Haynes, Chilton's, GM, etc) but other wise any repair shop can do it for under $50(US) You should also be sure that it is your problem before you spend money on it by checking your fuses, flashers, and bulbs just to be sure.

Post by Guest »

Quote by checking your fuses, flashers, and bulbs just to be sure.
and, check the plug under the dash on the column,if you've been under there lately, you may have dislodged it. (flat thin 6 or 7 inch long plug)

pudamobile

Post by pudamobile »

well i've kinda got something like that going on with me too...only it's just my left blinker that doesn't work. i'm not sure why but it doesn't blink. the hazards work so i'm thinking it's maybe a switch or a taillight...i have been dinking around with those lately. i really don't know so some help would be great...i almost got in a wreck yesterday cuz my blinker wasn't working.

pudamobile
1990 Beretta GT 3.1
Cherrybomb glasspack

Post by Guest »

well first off is the arrow on the dash flashing at all or is just light up and not flash if it lights up and does not flash then you will need to replace the flasher if it blinks faster than the opposite side then one of your bulbs is burnt out, so just turn the side that isn't workin on and see which bulb is not flashing and replace that bulb, the bulb # is 2057 you can get one any parts store or even small garages.Hope this helps and is not too late, lets know how you made out, good luck

Mr. Beefy

Post by Mr. Beefy »

(Guest @ Oct. 17 2003,21:11)Q
U
O
T
Ewell first off is the arrow on the dash flashing at all or is just light up and not flash if it lights up and does not flash then you will need to replace the flasher if it blinks faster than the opposite side then one of your bulbs is burnt out, so just turn the side that isn't workin on and see which bulb is not flashing and replace that bulb, the bulb # is 2057 you can get one any parts store or even small garages.Hope this helps and is not too late, lets know how you made out, good luck
I am having a problem with my taillights(90 GT). The left functions as normal(blinker, running light and stop light). The right one only the blinker and the runnning light works. I have tried everything I can think of, new bulbs, sockets, looked @ wire harness, to no avail. Still having the same problem. Anyone know of a solution?

John

'01 Duratec Sable Wagon