Maf?

Archived topics from the Intakes Forum

Maf?

Post by Guest »

I have a 1996 base and want to put in an intake.  IT has aa 2.2L.  I read a lot about MAF.  I was wondering if there is anyway that I can add a new intake?  I don't want my engine light to be on all the time.  Is there any companies that make intakes that have a spot for the MAF?  I want to do it right.

Chris88CL

Maf?

Post by Chris88CL »

Has your car had the speed density update?  There should be a sticker under the hood telling you if it has or not.  If it has then your MAF isnt doing dick all anyways.  You can splice in an IAT sensor in its place (tiny) and relocate it pretty much anywhere.  It doesnt have to be in the intake if you dont want. But it will run better if you drill a tiny hole in your new intake tube and clip it in.  If your car hasnt had the speed density update then you'll need to get the memcal chip from another 2.2L (auto or 5 speed, whatever you have) and the IAT sensor and then you can splice it in.  Theres only 2 wires you need to worry about if I remember correctly.  Barry Stubbs (QuadZ26?) should know for sure.  Its pretty easy.

Chris
AIM: Chris88CL
lezarch@hotmail.com