3" exhuast

Archived topics from the Exhaust Forum
Ribz80

3" exhuast

Post by Ribz80 »

You can see more than 10hp to the wheels but even still 2.25" is the way to go for most 3.1s.

91' GT  SOLD
99' Saab Viggen Stg-4 315hp- in European Car Magazine  7/2006
rweatherford

3" exhuast

Post by rweatherford »

Quote (MAJ28 @ Feb. 01 2002,1:35)here's a question... would 2.25 be big enough if i got a camshaft put in?

Cause i really don't wanna have to sell my new Superturbo to buy a bigger one...
I recommend 2.25 for all 2.8/3.1/3100 Beretta V-6's.

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)

nocutt

3" exhuast

Post by nocutt »

The word backpressure is relative just as the word "restrictive..."
Without the hairdryer then stay with the recommended 2.25...if you decide to add the unit then you can go with whatever size xhaust piping you can afford and fit...make sure you get your ear muffs on though...you will get droned with a bigger xhaust

90BerettaGTZ

3" exhuast

Post by 90BerettaGTZ »

backpressure is horsesh**. you want less of that. what you want is velocity. lack of velocity is backpressure.

Rex is right. what needs to happen is to find the correct size pipe in order to keep velocity up but not restrict flow. Rex done told ya 2.5" is the way to go. i did it on my stock GTZ and i promise you arent going to regret it. i felt a difference from 3000-redline. enough of a difference that i can feel it pull harder. my butt-ometer says so.

2.5 till turbo...if you plan on making over 300hp, goto 3". less than that stick with 2.5" turbo or not.

3" exhuast

Post by Guest »

Hey GTZ um what do you have to prove your point I will respect Rex's opinion since he had something to back it up I as well did.  This is an arguement that can be looked at both ways.  On thing I will say is that the right amount of back pressure will give you max torque.  Backpressure helps out at low RPM's  and velocity doesn't just deal with the width of the pipe it also deals with the length.  I agree that velocity is important but I know that backpressure is as well if you dont agree fine.  But dont tell me its horses### unless you have some factual info that can back it up "opinions are like @$$holes everyone has one and well they usually stink"

gar187er

3" exhuast

Post by gar187er »

ok guys keep it inline here......heheh i like that smiley

this comment is not directed towards anyone in particular, not in this forum or another, but who are we to tell you what to buy?? yes i could see someone asking "i am looking at buying this....would there be any losses/gains from it".....i love seeing new products, and combinations.....but i mean if everyone did the normal we would all have 2.25" super turbos!!!! lol  

but honestly keep the discussion formal.....i dont wanna bust out the moderator control panel  

--Ryan--

Mind If I use your Internet connection?? I don't like paying...Thank You!!!

3" exhuast

Post by Guest »

Sorry Ryan I did get a little hot tempered.  I just get a little defensive sometimes.  I hope there is no hard feelings everyone.