Headers

Archived topics from the Exhaust Forum

Headers

Post by Guest »

what would be the best headers to get for a 3.1 and were could i get them

Headers

Post by Guest »

The only "production" headers for a 2.8/3.1 MPFI V6 are made by Steve Hamm...

http://www.custom-speed.com

Headers

Post by Guest »

Those are MEAN looking!!!!  I wish I had the cash for em.  Any idea on the hp gains??

Headers

Post by Guest »

Quote (Zippo9783 @ Mar. 14 2002,2:54)Those are MEAN looking!!!!  I wish I had the cash for em.  Any idea on the hp gains??
Along with a 2.5 inch exhaust, cat, & low-restriction muffler my guess is probably about 20 hp over stock

Headers

Post by Guest »

Quote (Justin90GT @ Mar. 15 2002,09:05)Quote (Zippo9783 @ Mar. 14 2002,2:54)Those are MEAN looking!!!!  I wish I had the cash for em.  Any idea on the hp gains??
Along with a 2.5 inch exhaust, cat, & low-restriction muffler my guess is probably about 20 hp over stock
Actually you might need to do something to the intake to get 20 more horsepower, but no way to be sure unless someone dynoed it.

Headers website:
http://www.custom-speed.com/chevy.htm

Anyway, does anyone want to get a group discount on these headers?  Steve Hamm (the guy who makes the headers) said a month or two ago on the 60degreev6.com message board that if we get 15 orders together, we can get the headers for $400-$450 each.  I definitely want them and I like that price.

Does anyone else want to get in on this deal and buy a set of these headers?  I am definitely in.

gar187er

Headers

Post by gar187er »

only if ya pay for mine too!  

--Ryan--

Mind If I use your Internet connection?? I don't like paying...Thank You!!!

Headers

Post by Guest »

looks like i wont be gettin them anytime soon. that is steep for a set especially considering i got my car for a little more than twice that

Headers

Post by Guest »

Quote (Justin90GT @ Mar. 14 2002,10:05)Quote (Zippo9783 @ Mar. 14 2002,2:54)Those are MEAN looking!!!!  I wish I had the cash for em.  Any idea on the hp gains??
Try like 10hp.  Maybe 12.

Headers

Post by Guest »

Quote (Dante93GTZ @ Mar. 15 2002,1:48)Try like 10hp.  Maybe 12.
Are you speaking from experience, or just guessing like I was?  10 hp over stock is definitely not worth $400-$450 to me.  Might as well just port the stock manifolds.

Headers

Post by Guest »

Well i got my 89 GTU for $100 So im going to go ahead and get the headers

Headers

Post by Guest »

60degreev6.com is working on getting production headers that will be avalible anytime for ~ 400.
I know that the ones they are working on will fit 3100.

Do Steve Hamm's headers fit the D shaped exhaust ports on the 3100 heads? And will they clear the enormous sized 4t60E auto transmision?