New manafold+downpipe

Archived topics from the Exhaust Forum

New manafold+downpipe

Post by Guest »

My question is on the ported mantapart downpipe it says its for 93+. I am thinking that it is a stock size for my 91. Would it fit on my 91. My manafold and downpipe are in sad shape. If I took it somewhere would it be cheeper? Any idea on what kind of prices I am looking at to replace the manafold and downpipe?

New manafold+downpipe

Post by Guest »

I think that the 90-92 come with the big bore down pipe. Dont quote me on this one. If you want it better take the manifold off and you good probally get it ported and cleaned for around $100.

New manafold+downpipe

Post by Guest »

My manafold has a dent in it from my swaybar and my downpipe has a little cut in it. I really need new of both.

New manafold+downpipe

Post by Guest »

Eric,

If want to pick one up from a J.Y. you can feel free to come over and port it, live off of six mile road north of Racine. Might have to by some abrasives.
I have a dremel and die grinder.

Dan Kimber

New manafold+downpipe

Post by Guest »

I might just take you up on that offer. I know where a 90 GTZ is. I figure I can steal the Inake off of it too.

New manafold+downpipe

Post by Guest »

You are correct - The 91-92 cars have the 2.5" downpipe.  93+ have 2".

rweatherford

New manafold+downpipe

Post by rweatherford »

Quote (Dante93GTZ @ Feb. 19 2002,9:51)You are correct - The 91-92 cars have the 2.5" downpipe.  93+ have 2".
Perhaps I missed something...  If you are talking about factory pipes you need to check your measuring tape.  

If we are talking about mantapart stuff then that's a different story.

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)

New manafold+downpipe

Post by Guest »

Eh?  Which part appears incorrect?

My '93 downpipe was 2"... I measured it when it was removed.  It has since been replaced with 2.5".

90_Black_GTZ

New manafold+downpipe

Post by 90_Black_GTZ »

So is the downpipe on a 90 GTZ also 2.5" then?  All the way to the cat??

90 Black GTZ (I am the original owner since May 5, 1990)
187,000 miles

New manafold+downpipe

Post by Guest »

Quote (90_Black_GTZ @ Feb. 20 2002,10:18)So is the downpipe on a 90 GTZ also 2.5" then?  All the way to the cat??
Yes. A 1990 GTZ will have 2.5" downpipe, which connects directly to the cat and then after the cat, is 2.0".

90_Black_GTZ

New manafold+downpipe

Post by 90_Black_GTZ »

Wow!  I wish I knew that when I had to replace my cat last time!  I would have had them go 2.5 the rest of the way!

90 Black GTZ (I am the original owner since May 5, 1990)
187,000 miles

New manafold+downpipe

Post by Guest »

the downpipe for my 90GTZ didnt look like it was 2.5" maybe the OD but the ID looked smaller, same with my 91GTZ, IF I ported my exhaust manifold myself, on both sides and my downpipe the lip, If I were you id get a custom made one from an exhaust shop, I had a quote for a pretty cheap one going 2.5" downpipe.

NVMYGTZ

New manafold+downpipe

Post by NVMYGTZ »

The 92 & earler down pipe is NOT 2.5" it is the same as the rest of the exhaust 2.25 I think
There is a heat shield that is 2.5" right at the start of the down pipe.
Mantaparts unit is a fabbed 2.5 unit with the stock flange & ported out to match the 2.5" down pipe.
The stock flange I.D. is smaller than 2.5"

Lates,

New manafold+downpipe

Post by Guest »

Thats what i thought too! Thx for clearing it up NV