Can someone please explain something

Archived topics from the Wheels and Tires Forum

Post by Guest »

I know that a smaller wheel is better to race on ... but im not sure why. I would think as long as the total aspect ratios is the same it wouldnt make a difference for how large the wheel is

Post by Guest »

Hey Ricky ... I think it's more important to have a lighter wheel, than a smaller one.

Post by Guest »

If you get smaller wheel diameter it lowers your final drive ratio (that is total profile tires included). Bigger tire profile helps because they bulge out more and they’re more area on the track. They also are lighter like 95baseman said.

RebelGT

Post by RebelGT »

You guys are missing one of the largest factors of weight, ROTATIONAL MASS, if you have 2 wheels of the same weight, but one is a 14 and one is a 16, the 14 will be easier to turn since the mass of the 16 is further out and simple physics will till you that creates more force to rotate, where as with the 14 inch wheel the mass is more towards the center and there fore easier to turn. Tire profiles choices are a whole different ball game, and would take a while to explain, and i am lazy, so good read some books like i did   he he he