Cracked, or bent wheel?

Archived topics from the Wheels and Tires Forum
CoolZ26

Cracked, or bent wheel?

Post by CoolZ26 »

I have been noticing a noise when I would drive my car.  I didn't take much notice to it, but after I had a 4-wheel alignment done about a month ago, the mechanic brought it back to my attention.  He told me he thinks I have a bent wheel or cracked wheel.

When I accelerate from a stop, up to about 20miles an hour I get a flub,flub,flub noise that isn't loud, but is noticeable, and gets faster with acceleration until about 20mph then it disappears.  I don't know what it could be, I was thinking mabye a bearing or cv joint also, but wouldn't it do that noise/slight vibration at all speeds.  I'm posting this in wheels and suspension forum since it could go in either.

Thanks for any info guys.

'04 RSX Type S
14.2@99mph w/ horrible 60'
Injen CAI
Hondata ECU reflash
Hondata IMG
Greddy EVO 2 exhaust
DC Raceheader
ESMM
Eibach Sportlines
AIM= andy4483

Cracked, or bent wheel?

Post by Guest »

you can isolate this type of noise in a few different way..jack up the car in the front and while it is on jack stands run it in gear and see if the noise is still there. Alos have someone in the car and watch the tread on the tires and see if it is lumpy or wobbles. The jack up the rear of the car and spin those while watchingthe tread--if all four look round run you hands over the tread all the way around each tire feeling for any chpppiness. IF all looks good you noise is elsewhere.