springs

Archived topics from the Suspension and Brakes Forum
#1 stunna

springs

Post by #1 stunna »

Hey what up folks?.. haven't posted in a while-- but i'm not a newbie.I have owned my 88 retta for 13 years.
So here is my issue: i fially got around to putting my eibach springs on the front--had no problems getting them on, but after the install the passenger side seems to be lower than the drivers side by about 3/4 inch. It's kinda nit-picky, the average person probally would't notice,, but it's bugging the Sh*t outta me. Anyone had this problem??
maybe strut is wore out on one side more than the other?? i Don't know?? Any suggestions?? Thanks later

88 beretta
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/517217
03 monte carlo ss
Money pit Beretta

Re: springs

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Nit-pick? No way! It should not be like that, there is something wrong. My guess is that one spring is not seated the way it should be. I had some Moogs on wrong and the spring would pop sometimes. It didn't look as if it was not level though, but where I parked was not flat. If the spring is in the right place you will have to send them back. Push down on each side and check the struts first.

keep'em flying!
#1 stunna

Post by #1 stunna »

They are seated correctly , i double checked before i installed them... and the square notches on the mounts are facing the knuckle,like the GM manual said. I put a 4 foot level on it today(strut tower to strut tower) and it was about a 1/2 inch out.Garage floor is level. with me in the car it reduces the difference to about 1/4 inch.I guess the struts are wore out?? monroe sensatracs with 25-30k on em. anyone know the lifespan of these struts?? They did push down rather easy.... Wish i would have done some measuring before i started.....duh

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Struts wont cause a height issue like that, struts simply dampen a bounce and recoil, all your height is determined by your spring's. Somethings missing or one of your springs is bad.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
#1 stunna

Post by #1 stunna »

Really? I thought eibach was suppose to be "top quality". Don't know if i could send em back or not. I bought them a few years ago,and i don't know if i kept the receipt.Doesnt eibach have a million mile warranty or some sheeot? Guess i will check their site for some info. I wish it would just settle on down somemore-->looks better on the passenger side with less fender gap.

88 beretta
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/517217
03 monte carlo ss
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

I would think that they would stand by what they make. I have them on my 04 Cav and never had any trouble.
Could have been a new guy working there. :)
Be ready, there may be a fight on this. Stick with it and don't give up.

keep'em flying!