Z26 gfx

Archived topics from the Other Tech Questions Forum
GTPrix

Z26 gfx

Post by GTPrix »

Hey I went back to the yard today and noticed that the purple.....excuse me.........black rose Z26 had mint GFX (a few minor surface scratches, but no cracks)

How would I go about talking it off?  I didn't even bother looking.
(Because I would have had to kneel on a damn thorn patch..)

Z26 gfx

Post by Guest »

Cool, at least you didn't have to take a fender in 26" of snow, and while it was snowing. What part are you asking about taking off? the rocker or door?

GTPrix

Z26 gfx

Post by GTPrix »

Whoops sorry, I thought I said.  I was wondering about the front, actually.

Z26 gfx

Post by Guest »

the front bumper cover???

the front bumper cover comes off this way...
remove the black plastic cover over the headlamps, remove the headlamps, remove the grille, remove the panel behind the headlamps, remove the 3 10mm bolts that attach the fender to the frt bumper cover both sides, remove the 7mm bolts that attach the inner fender well to the front bumper cover, then take a 13mm ratchet and mremove the 8 attching nuts that hold the metal bumper support to the body. don't forget ot uplug the fog and turn lamps, and then remove the bumper and cover and seperate the two. Don't foget to get all the ductwork to route the incoming air to the radiator.

side GFX are easy a bunch of 7mm bolts on the underside..door gfx bolt on from the door jamp as I remember

that help?

GTPrix

Z26 gfx

Post by GTPrix »

Yep, thanks.

Now I just don't know if it would be worth time time and money to pull it.
It's not like I can use it..

Z26 gfx

Post by Guest »

you could ebay it...it should take about an hour to pull off..question is will anyone want to pay a resonable price for it....:)

Z26 gfx

Post by Guest »

let me know about the z26 gfx corsicagirl, I would probably be willing to pay a reasonable price for it for my base....just let me see some pics of the gfx

Baims_91Base

Z26 gfx

Post by Baims_91Base »

I'm very interested in this piece, given it's in good shape. I'm also willing to pay for shipping as long as you're willing to ship it. See what they want for it though if you could. Thanks.

Dustin - Webmaster, BerettaSpeed.com
1991 "Base" -> BFest '03, '04, '11 - '12 Best Modified Engine Bay
1994 Base -> 65k, DGGM, INDY GFX
1988 GTU -> 300k - RIP, parts/donor car, BFest '05

Z26 gfx

Post by Guest »

Duh, the frt cover is a frt cover, there is no gfx to a gtz/z26 cover. It's not like it's an indy or gtu.

Baims_91Base

Z26 gfx

Post by Baims_91Base »

I'm well aware the bumper cover is all one piece on the GTZ/Z26's...unless you weren't talking to me.

Dustin - Webmaster, BerettaSpeed.com
1991 "Base" -> BFest '03, '04, '11 - '12 Best Modified Engine Bay
1994 Base -> 65k, DGGM, INDY GFX
1988 GTU -> 300k - RIP, parts/donor car, BFest '05

Z26 gfx

Post by Guest »

Quote (Baims_91Base @ Jan. 09 2003,00:35)I'm well aware the bumper cover is all one piece on the GTZ/Z26's...unless you weren't talking to me.
If I was you'd know it     I guess you didn't read your own post........ you did use the word "piece".