Odd noise

Archived topics from the Mobile Electronics and Audio Forum

Odd noise

Post by Guest »

Okay well is sounds like alternator noise I have had it for a while even before I got a new alternator.  It is like a whistling sound coming out of my speakers and it follows the engine RPM.  This is what I think I should check just wondering if I was right before I went messing around.  Make sure amp is not grounded aswell as the cd player also. check the rca cables and the route. check the gain on the amp. sound about right? thanks.

CoolZ26

Odd noise

Post by CoolZ26 »

Yeah, make sure the rca's are routed on the other side of the car...opposite the power cable.  I don't know what could be causing it besides that.  IT sounds like interferance or some sort.

'04 RSX Type S
14.2@99mph w/ horrible 60'
Injen CAI
Hondata ECU reflash
Hondata IMG
Greddy EVO 2 exhaust
DC Raceheader
ESMM
Eibach Sportlines
AIM= andy4483
gar187er

Odd noise

Post by gar187er »

ewwww engine noise......yea check your grounds, also where is your amp located? in the trunk? if so, put some little rubber feet inbetween your amp and the base of the trunk.....other wise you have a good idea of what your lookin for

--Ryan--

Mind If I use your Internet connection?? I don't like paying...Thank You!!!

Odd noise

Post by Guest »

my amps are located on my back seat. I will check my rca's once it stops raining here its been raining the past couple days it sucks. my rcas are running down the passenger side and my power down driver so i dont think that is the problem, i am thinking it has to be the ground. where did you guys ground your amps to? what exact piece in the trunk.

gar187er

Odd noise

Post by gar187er »

i drilled a hole in the floor, scraped all the paint off and used a 1" bolt wioth a star washer to ground it....if you got a torque wrench use a seat belt bolt....but if you dont have one, i wouldnt attempt trying to get one of those mothers off....

--Ryan--

Mind If I use your Internet connection?? I don't like paying...Thank You!!!