So what's everyone else into for hobbies

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
99GaGT3X00

So what's everyone else into for hobbies

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

even back when i did the car part of it i was into R/C cars. had a couple of these for over 15yrs and since i moved to a place where there's room outside to screw around i got back into the R/C hobby.

the Xmaxx i bought last fall and it was pretty decent to begin with and i haven't done much to it. did the rear bearing upgrade and better cooling fans for the motor, belted tires and a new body.
xmaxx.jpg
the Emaxx i just picked up. bought that as a roller and honestly looks mint. found a guy selling the whole electronics and got some new wheels for it coming.
Emaxx.jpg
the Savage i have had for like 15yrs. it started out as a savage x and shortly after i converted it to an XL, which it stayed like that for a long time..4 years ago i converted it to electric and that was fun but the brushed motors sucked on battery life so this spring i went brushless.
savage x.jpg
i have many more r/c's
axial scx-10 which i threw more money at than anything before it even hit the ground.

tamiya txt-1 which i've had longer than the savage

exceed hannibal 1/5 scale. haven't ran this one yet but it's huge.

along with the R/C's i have always been interested in computers. been building them for almost 20yrs and the last handfull i have begun dabbling in servers and enterprise stuff. it's not as bad as it looks. spent and afternoon awhile back redoing all the wires in the back. this includes making new cat6 cables. this is in a little nook in my living room so it doesn't stick out.

one of them runs bluiris for my cameras. one is for pfsense. one is my esxi for virtual machines. big one on the bottom is my file server.
lab 2.jpg
lab 1.jpg
if i had a place to do the car thing i'd still be doing that.

but what's everyone else into. obviously i know it's beretta's as the main thing but there has to be something else.

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
woody90gtz

Re: So what's everyone else into for hobbies

Post by woody90gtz »

I wouldn't say Berettas are the main thing, but definitely cars in general. But I think I've already documented all that stuff pretty well.

I do follow pro football really close. Probably because my hometown is a "football town" that's won the NYS title two times. We were actually ranked #1 in NYS both my years on varsity, but managed to screw that up in the playoffs. Junior year we lost to the eventual state champions (who we had already beat @ their field earlier in the year) and my senior year we lost to a team we had beat 40-6 earlier in like week 2. Obviously they got better as the year went on and we played a shitty game. But football is single elimination and ripe for crazy upsets...which I think is why it's so popular.

I also still dabble in the graphic design stuff a little bit. Bfest every year and I just made a graphic for Feretta Tyler's youtube channel.
autotechtyler-tagline.jpg
Oh, and I did bring an old Camaro power wheels back from the dead for the kiddo. Converted it to an auto battery and moved the throttle switch back so she could reach it. Does decent burnouts, and she really likes it.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
ifixalot

Post by ifixalot »

I used to fly U-Control and later, RC airplanes. I last flew RC about 30 years ago. I had a couple daughters and I was busy in my business
and so I let them sit. My gosh, the U-Controls have been hanging there for probably 40 years.
I see homes of older people and they seem to be full of clutter. I guess I'm turning into one of them.
As I get older, there always seems to be something to fix or some forms to fill out for insurance or doctor
visits. Now I spend time on the computer each day doing all kinds of stuff. Bill pay, ordering parts, looking up stuff
for help.
So in answer to your question, I currently am not active in any hobby. I hope to get back to something soon.
I always thought, "when I retire", but dang, there is always some damn thing I have to do.
Attachments
HPIM1843.JPG
HPIM1842.JPG

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

We got some kayaks last year. We don't get out on them as often as we would like, even now, but it is still good when we do. We had rented/borrowed some in the past and gone out on lakes/reservoirs with them, so we already knew we wanted to invest in that. I've been working on our big boat (three person kayak) to increase stability, speed (of course) and control -I added a small "V" along the bottom and the yaw stability and speed increase was really noticeable. I also want to build an adjustable rudder for it too.

I've also been working on building smaller semi-precision machines of various types, and even picked up a little hobby-type build-it-yourself CNC machine kit that I need to get better acquainted with still, I've been very impressed with its' abilities so far but I know it can do a LOT more than it has yet. Along with the tooling required for some of that stuff, I've managed to fully equip one of my shop's bays as a wood-working shop. I picked up a lightly used Craftsman table saw with a nicely home-built cabinet and some good upgrades for very cheap last year when working on our bamboo floor, and now I've added a planer, a pair of belt-sanders (the horizontal one might handle shaving cylinder-heads.. Hmmm), radial-arm saw, and a 1/4-ton of hand power-tools to go with it all and add to what I already had. I will be working on building some furniture for ourselves and some family-members pretty soon here, I think. But I'll have to spend another couple of days cleaning out the shop from the clutter left when I helped a neighbor move out over the summer, and she left a lot of stuff with me that just needs to be sorted out and organized. And we are remodeling one of the bathrooms as well... Not too busy, no. No. :crazy:

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

We bought kayaks a few years ago and they are a good time. I think we only used them once last spring cause the wifey got fat last summer. And this year they did make it over to the dam, but we never actually used them. Kids I guess. Haha

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Godlike

Post by Godlike »

Ive always been an RC nut. I have a real basic Traxxas Rustler, and a Compagnucci 1/8 Awd sedan which is gas(not nitro)
Used to race an old Team Losi LXT stadium truck and my Losi XXXS sedan with a club in Madison
This year I bought a 1/18 AWD Traxxas LaTrax (which i assume is french for... The Trax) just to play with indoors when Im hangin out with the kids
Trying to get some of my friends back into this stuff.

90' GTZ 189whp NA 14.00@99 / 237whp 50 shot 13.3@104
95' Integra 240whp / 04' Z71 Tahoe/ 85' K20/ 15' IS350 Fsport
projects: 86 Bonneville 6.0 swap / MkIII Supra 2J swap / 91 Volvo 740