My faith restored a little and I'm inspired.

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
SuzukiGhostRider

My faith restored a little and I'm inspired.

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

I had my faith restored in the American people a bit tonight by a story I read on MSNBC. What's this? A family willing to help another they know not? And not for media recognition nor fame nor glory, but simply to HELP thy neighbor, thy countryman? BRAVO!!! THIS is what this country is supposed to be all about and one of the aspects that made us so great. I'm prouder than ever to be a citizen of the good ol' USA tonight.

It's a small step , but one in the right direction. This family is changing another's future for the good! There is a special place reserved upstairs, I believe, for people of this caliber.

Read and discuss.

http://dailynightly.msnbc.msn.com/_news ... ican-dream

SuzukiGhostRider

Re: My faith restored a little and I'm inspired.

No one else?

keiffith

Post by keiffith »

This is one example, but what we need is millions of these. And for the citizens of the us to boycot all none us made products.

92 3.1 manual base 190k Daily
93 3.1 auto base 275k RIP 'Joan'
73 Yamaha RD250 moth balled

CPL, USMC, Veteran/2111
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

keiffith wrote:This is one example, but what we need is millions of these. And for the citizens of the us to boycot all none us made products.
Shut of all of your PC's then...

Thats a stretch to say the least, you need to have a global market, but we also need to produce stuff here, we can't be just a consumer thats the issue.

And SGR as nice as that was, I would like to see more "rich" people realizing what they are doing to the middle class rather than just this one instance, so I do agree a little with keiffith, and we need get a friken government that is not busy comparing penis sizes and actually get something done to solve the root issue here. I have to say a split house and senate is probably the worst thing that voters could have done... Way too many ego's to accomplish anything.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
99GaGT3X00

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

keiffith wrote:And for the citizens of the us to boycot all none us made products.
that would be virtually everything you own. so i guess you can go build a uni-bomber shack in the woods and cut yourself off from the rest of the world.
3X00-Modified wrote:
keiffith wrote:
Thats a stretch to say the least, you need to have a global market, but we also need to produce stuff here, we can't be just a consumer thats the issue.
why would they do that when it's cheaper to do it overseas. yeah the quality takes a hit but all they really care about is lining there pockets. same thing with the gas companies, no reason for the prices to be as high as they are.

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

You can't boycott everything made overseas...but you can make it a point to buy American when there is a choice.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
keiffith

Post by keiffith »

Most generic brands of household products are made in usa. im not saying boycott all none US products, but if it was like the 50's when almost EVERYTHING everyone bought was made in america, we wouldn't be haveing massive layoffs.

CPL, USMC, Veteran/2111
BerettaLove32

Post by BerettaLove32 »

Good luck getting people to stop shopping at places like Wal Mart. You know how many jobs get shipped overseas? And it's not just labor/factory jobs these days. For some reason people in the USA think other countries aren't as smart as us, when in reality we aren't close to the top of the list when it comes to education. The Chinese can do a college degree required job just as well as we can and they do it for cheaper.
If you run a company the idea is to make your shareholders as much money as possible. So if you can make them more money by shipping job overseas, you're going to do it. If you can pay less in taxes and less for labor to compete with everyone else, then it's kind of an easy decision to make. Well, I'm going to go brush up on my Chinese since we'll all be speaking it when China buys us someday. :P

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

keiffith wrote:This is one example, but what we need is millions of these. And for the citizens of the us to boycot all none us made products.
keiffith wrote:Most generic brands of household products are made in usa. im not saying boycott all none US products, but if it was like the 50's when almost EVERYTHING everyone bought was made in america, we wouldn't be haveing massive layoffs.
Really....

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
SuzukiGhostRider

I know it's just ONE case, but nothing changes overnight. Maybe this family's willingness to help another will inspire a few more and so on. Baby steps, but man, I would be SO proud to see us revert to SOME old ways. Like helping because it's the right thing to do. What appealed to me most about this particular story is, while they ARE helping with some $$ in the short term, the long term goal is to get this family back on their OWN footing and employed gainfully while helping them to keep their house. Handouts help no one. But some "get by" money while someone attempts to help themselves, now THAT is worthwhile.

I'm still very proud of this Texan family and the fact that they are my countrymen. Call me sentimental, but I'm a redneck patriot at heart! :D

keiffith

Post by keiffith »

Ok, my bad. I work 15 hour days and sometimes I make a typo.

CPL, USMC, Veteran/2111