Installing my wicked-irocz Twinzperformance catback

Post information about exhaust systems. Either purchased or custom made
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Installing my wicked-irocz Twinzperformance catback

Post by 3X00-Modified »

So I bought a 304 stainless catback from Dusty, I want this to be a one and done exhaust and not have to worry about it again... I also purchased a 304 stainless muffler from Spintech, 304 Stainless flanges for stainless V-bands and all... I even grabbed some left over stainless rods from the CNC at work to use as hangers.

Progress pics...

Got the main pipes in place and a V-band at the axle.

Unfortunately I'm not very happy with how close the pipe ended up to the axle so I decided to buy an extra 120* bend so I can make the pipe go up above the muffler height then back down and turn back up to go in the back of the muffler... unforeseen clearance issues especially with my car being lowered and the potential I may try the Canuck springs which may be lower than the Eibach's. I want to make sure this pipe doesn't get hit by the axle at all.

The pile of Stainless pipes keeps growing...

Needed two 2.25" U bends to make up the rear exit that I had on the old system... I just can do away with the center exit, I like it too much.

And a 2.25 5ft section to fill in the gaps of the rear setup. And some 308LSI TIG rod, Also got a 309LSI 10lb spool for the mig. 309 is best for mixed steal joining so thats why I'll have that in the MIG for tack's and such and be able to do stainless to mild in the future, but the 308 is best for 304 to 304 so that will be used on all the exhaust joints... AND yes it will all be back purged so no sugaring on the inside of the pipes!!!

And pics of the old system from 2008

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
1988GTU

Re: Installing my wicked-irocz catback

Post by 1988GTU »

You still using a braid/flex pipe in the [front half] manifold to cat section?

_________
-------------
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

There is a braided flex piece on the last section of my headers before it joins to the cat/dump pipe.

Same setup as pictured here.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Fixed the over the axle section.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

How much does your engine tilt back/forward with the mounts? Reverse might* cause the hump hit the underbody. Looks very close.

_________
-------------
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

it's quite solid and barely moves... But yes, I'm going to review that clearance when I get my intermediate cat/dump pipe done and have that length set in place, then I can tweak some heights with hangers and such... Still waiting on muffler to get a good idea on where everything needs to end up.

Welded up the flange last night that will be part of the cat pipe... Trying my stainless skills with 308 filler... I screwed myself making it look this nice... now I have a standard for the rest of the exhaust.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
ifixalot

Post by ifixalot »

You do such nice work.

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

3X00-Modified wrote:it's quite solid and barely moves... But yes, I'm going to review that clearance when I get my intermediate cat/dump pipe done and have that length set in place, then I can tweak some heights with hangers and such... Still waiting on muffler to get a good idea on where everything needs to end up.
I'm sure it'll be golden.
3X00-Modified wrote:Welded up the flange last night that will be part of the cat pipe... Trying my stainless skills with 308 filler... I screwed myself making it look this nice... now I have a standard for the rest of the exhaust.
Just tell everyone that comments to that initial weld that you were heavily drinking (insert favorite beverage here) and that it might be replicated for other welds should you continue to have that beverage readily available for mass consumption...

_________
-------------
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Getting some chit done last night.

Muffler!

Pipe made up to connect it.

Welds came out ok, no heavy drinking required! LOL

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Got the whole system set last night regarding length and whatnot, Had my 3" cutout pipe with hollow cat installed... Flanges were just tacked in place and the muffler had two 2.5 foot 2 1/4" pipes stuffed in the outlet... I couldn't resist so i stated it to see what it would sound like, knowing it will change once I put those tips back on. It's a different sound... Doesn't seem very raspy or hollow tinny sounding... It actually has a deep muffled tone to it like a packed muffler would.

I'm helping with a local car meet welding class tomorrow morning before heading south so I will be able to finish up some of those flanges while teaching people how to weld... Once I get back, it's re-install rear bumper check for height on exits and then figure out how to hang this setup. I want more than 2 hangers like what was on the old system... All they did was one on the muffler and on the exit's... the rest of it was just hanging on itself.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Installing my wicked-irocz Twinzperformance catback

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Well it's supporting it's own weight right now... I want to add an intermediate pipe hanger like the older models had... I don't like having only one on my exit and one on the muffler... leaves the whole front half just along for the ride.

Will be finish welding that hanger later this week... I just tacked it on there for now. That's custom made from 316 stainless rod too... LOL I'm going all out!

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Going to coat any of the exhaust parts with anything?

_________
-------------
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Currently not planning on it since they are all 304, so in reality there is no need to. I'm digging the natural look as well with the heat marks where the welding is. Maybe someday I'll coat the muffler and tail pipes in black coating to make it vanish under the car again but for right now I just want it done. :)

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Welding like a boss...

And added a mid pipe hanger like the older versions.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
themixer

Post by themixer »

i like that hanger