TCC trouble?

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
payback

TCC trouble?

Post by payback »

a few months ago the Z started acting up. ive read up on the tcc switch problems and im almost 100% its the tcc.

SYMPTOMS- car will start, stop, accelerate and shift perfectly normal until either the car sits@idle for awhile or i go above around 50 mph.
it will stay in whatever gear its in and not want to downshift unless the gas pedal is pressed almost all the way.
when it starts doing this from a dead stop it will immediatly want to shift into the highest gear possible it will also not come outve the gear until like i said either you come to a complete stop or floor it.
the car will not do this if it sits for 2-3 days ive done some research on tcc switch problems and mine seems to have all the symptoms.
it also threw an 0742 code which if i remember is tcc lockup/lock on.
my question is can i unplugg the tcc until i get it fixed? i obviously have the 4spd 4t60e i read somewhere if u have the 3spd ur ok but to NOT do it if you have the 4t60. i run synthetic oil in the car and no tranny fluid issues so im not worried about ne heat related damage.

'96Z26:Eibach springs, KYB struts, GM Strut brace, K&N cone
Cliff8928
Administrator

TCC trouble?

Post by Cliff8928 »

You can't just unplug the solenoid like on the 3 speed trans.  There's much more to the plug than just the TCC.

The service manual suggests sediment is causing it to stick.  So a trans flush *may* help.

Cliff Scott
Bandit

TCC trouble?

Post by Bandit »

Trans flush with Lucas Trans Fluid Treatment.  Then cycle the trans through all the gears a few time and see how/if that helps.

- Ryan -
1987 Jeep Wrangler 4x4
1995 Chevy S10 Ext. Cab 4x4
payback

TCC trouble?

Post by payback »

thanks for the replies, the car is going up for the rest of the winter i think, i just dont understand why even if the tranny does need to be flushed did the torque convertor throw a code? neway i need to do the flush neway so i probably will

'96Z26:Eibach springs, KYB struts, GM Strut brace, K&N cone