New shop being built

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
fastlane02

New shop being built

Post by fastlane02 »

(IsaacHayes @ Mar. 26 2008,14:29)QUOTEYeah I'd just make the pipe go back long enough so you can do whatever muffler you want and tip. I like to do my mufflers far back and run a pipe to the tip so you don't see them. But if you do not offer that then consider the dynomax Ultraflo as it's a nice sound and flows awesome, and then perhaps the hooker aerochamber for a chambered sound but it's still straight through for performance.
i have both them mufflers on my list    any other mufflers your guys are interested in?

CBC PERFORMANCE

use to be grace89SS
89gt 3.8scII to much to list.
87 iroc-z the old girl is getting a make over!
90 gtz bring her back to her glory days but even better!
02 TA moser 12 bolt,yank 4k stall, spohn everything, LPE heads,MS4 cam,fast90/90 ported, hooker lt sc.
68 firebird
6r8ph1X

New shop being built

Post by 6r8ph1X »

ok man, I need a rough estimate, i mean ROUGH. Please on the cat back. also, I just got a new super 40 series, how would it work if i wanted it on the system? Would i send it to you? Actually your shop isn't that far from me. A semi long trip, hmmmmmm...........

1993 Beretta GT, FX Designs Body Kit, Ram Air hood, 3.1 MPFI 3 Speed, 90,000 miles
1996 Beretta Base, GTU conversion, 3400sfi with less than 100,000 miles   ==  Traded
michi

New shop being built

Post by michi »

Man.. i would love if we had a shop like yours here in my town. The most parts i needed for my car i need to order it from germany or USA. We havent a US Car parts shop here in my town, that really sucks
So if i ever fly over to the USA i surely come in your shop and buy some parts for my 'retta  ! haha

Good luck for yours shop!  

fastlane02

New shop being built

Post by fastlane02 »

(michaelGTZ @ Mar. 30 2008,06:27)QUOTEMan.. i would love if we had a shop like yours here in my town. The most parts i needed for my car i need to order it from germany or USA. We havent a US Car parts shop here in my town, that really sucks
So if i ever fly over to the USA i surely come in your shop and buy some parts for my 'retta  ! haha

Good luck for yours shop! ÂÂÂ
i'm sure i can work with ya on shipping to help ya out.

look for a price around 300 to 400. depending on tips muffler ect....

these will bolt up stock and to my set of headers with flex pipe and cat or off road piping.

CBC PERFORMANCE

use to be grace89SS
02 TA moser 12 bolt,yank 4k stall, spohn everything, LPE heads,MS4 cam,fast90/90 ported, hooker lt sc.
68 firebird
blindmandesigns

New shop being built

Post by blindmandesigns »

(fastlane02 @ Mar. 29 2008,07:39)QUOTE
(IsaacHayes @ Mar. 26 2008,14:29)QUOTEYeah I'd just make the pipe go back long enough so you can do whatever muffler you want and tip. I like to do my mufflers far back and run a pipe to the tip so you don't see them. But if you do not offer that then consider the dynomax Ultraflo as it's a nice sound and flows awesome, and then perhaps the hooker aerochamber for a chambered sound but it's still straight through for performance.
i have both them mufflers on my list    any other mufflers your guys are interested in?
I would offer spintech mufflers (prostreet model) they have proven to yield more hp then a flowmaster 40 series and have a better sound.

a catback system is a good choice, easy to bolt on for the average driveway mechanic and you can make money off of them too once you can streamline production and bring down cost/time.

I wouldn't worry about doing turbo kits etc for berettas, not to put any members down or anything but the typical beretta owner does not have the money to drop on a turbo system.

Unfortunately the cars are passed their short lived "glory" years and only a few diehards might be interested in something like FI. A lot of these true diehards have already attempted to do it themselves already (like you did with your swap) but the majority of people who say do this and that when it comes down to it, wont shell the cash out because its "too much money" for a cheap beretta.

That is just my word of advice after seeing even transgenic take a crap because no one was buying the intakes or were bitching about the prices being too high. apparently if its not a 25 dollar POS ebay intake it cost too much!

I would just think small.  catback system is perfect.

fastlane02

New shop being built

Post by fastlane02 »

you have a very good point. a turbo kit would be build per order.

spintech mufflers are really good. and i know the 40s is one of the worst flowing mufflers out there but damn do they sound good.

transgenic might of dies becuase of not expanding there sales. i'm not sure on this or not but didn't they just deal with berettas?

I want to have all bolt ons done by begining of march for berettas and cavys then i'll have a few more products for them brakes, suspension, ect but i'll turn my focus to internal engine. 3x00,quad then by end of summer i will start g5,g6,and cobalts product for all models base to ss or gtp.
This doesn't meen i'm going to come out with a few products for the beretta and be done but if you want to make it in a speed shop for a long time you have to produce more product for diff cars to make it. and keep up with time.

CBC PERFORMANCE

use to be grace89SS
68 firebird
blindmandesigns

New shop being built

Post by blindmandesigns »

spintechs are very nice and I encourage any of you V6 guys to try one out! I was looking at the flowmasters at first for my truck until someone mentioned spintech.

I did the exhaust myself and basically just welded a muffler in where the stock one was and the gains were very nice and the tone is VERY nice for a 4.3.  

Tranzgenic did offer products for a few other cars but not many at all. I think he dealt mostly with model specific modifcations which always means a smaller group of cars to choose from. now if you get engine specific products... then you are in business! I dont know if his website showed up in google good either, getting a simple website but with good search engine optimization will allow you to reach  the 95 percent of (model car here) owners that are NOT on forum boards or atleast a regular that will see a thread offering a CAI or catback exhaust.

it's definitely hard to come up with a successful business model right away if that is what you are going for.  its just constant refinement and really paying attention to trends and adjusting to them accordingly.  I have seen how this works on the end of companies websites and even mine. Even though I am not selling things, I am getting feedback from visitors about what they would like to see more of on the site.  

if you do get a website down the road drop me a line and I can give you pointers with that so you can get nice coverage in search engines.

Best of luck man and if you ever get into LS1 products or parts let me know and I would gladly build you a website for a few LS1 bolt ons  

Cliff8928
Administrator

New shop being built

Post by Cliff8928 »

The Moroso spiral flow mufflers are good too.  I have one on the beretta (also a CCI insert).  The new setup will probably have two.  I also put two on the denali (the one in the sig pic) and it sounds absolutely awesome!

Cliff Scott
Z26-T

New shop being built

Post by Z26-T »

Well, now that you have your shop up and going I hope you don't mind having those random messages from people (especially myself...). But it sounds like you've got basically everything set up to get yourself going, which of course is good. For ideas on what else to build, visit the SEMA show this year (if you've never been) and see all the different sorts of nick nack car bolt on stuff people make. It's pretty amazing.

On tool stuff you can try...maybe a flow bench? See how much you can grind out of N/A heads and still get efficient flowage. Or maybe grind out some 3400-3500 plenums and see if the flow increases at all. But thats just my thoughts.

95' Z26 Beretta- 3400, 282, exhaust. Lots of upgrades still in boxes...
79' Z28 Camaro- Not street legal- 12-1 compression, etc.
S. Comp. Dragster- DEI 350, 600 hp @ 5600, I take it to 7400.
ROLNGTZ

New shop being built

Post by ROLNGTZ »

Where are you building your shop? I was in Warren last week. I thought about trying to track you down.

2010 Camaro SS-2008 Trailblazer SS 2000-Lincoln LS 1991-Beretta GTZ 3800sc/L67
fastlane02

New shop being built

Post by fastlane02 »

you should of i'm not that hard to track down you just have to ask someone and they probably know where i'm at. If not they can point you in the direction of where i'm probably at.

as for flow bench i dont have to worry about this hopfully i'll post more if everything goes threw but, i will tell ya its a very popular builder thats doing them.

CBC PERFORMANCE

use to be grace89SS
68 firebird
Z26-T

New shop being built

Post by Z26-T »

That's one plus about living in utah and drag racing... Family is friends of Chapman Racing Heads ;)

(for  you peeps that don't know, he does head upgrades for edelbrock and nascar)

95' Z26 Beretta- 3400, 282, exhaust. Lots of upgrades still in boxes...
79' Z28 Camaro- Not street legal- 12-1 compression, etc.
S. Comp. Dragster- DEI 350, 600 hp @ 5600, I take it to 7400.
Money pit Beretta

New shop being built

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Hey fastlane, I now have a 95 Beretta. I'm looking into how far you are with the headers and cat back. I have checked old posts on the headers(update?). I'm a Flowmaster guy, but could go with something else(not too loud). From everything I read Flowmaster's are not set up for pure flow, they are set up to pull the exhaust out like a header. They do rust somewhat quick for my taste(not as bad as stock). Is it to hard to set the cat back up for the buyers choice(just the pipe and hangers)?

keep'em flying!
Money pit Beretta

New shop being built

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Update? In the next few months I'm going to redo the exhaust. Is the cat back ready? No big deal if it's not, I'll get crush bend and wait for the good stuff. My exhaust is not in very good shape, the owner before me used wire to hold up the stock muffler and the cat flange has flake rust.

keep'em flying!
xtremesunfire

New shop being built

Post by xtremesunfire »

let me just say this Keith been really busy working full time job plus getting his shop going and working on the products and also I will be meeting up with Keith discussing on the details of the new website and the shop.