1996 Mr.Pink

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: 1996 Mr.Pink

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Not sure... Try it again. Do you have ad blocking software because it is just on YouTube so it might be blocking an ad which then prevents the video from playing.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

I can view all other youtube vids, just yours for some odd reason it is not playing.

_________
-------------
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I just tried it and it loaded up fine... and the PC I'm using carries NO history at all so I'm not logged into youtube or anything like that, I'm viewing it as a complete stranger.

Not 56k friendly... LOL :)

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
ifixalot

Post by ifixalot »

The video played fine for me.
I'm impressed by the ETs by a FWD car.
I always think one could snap an axle, they look so thin.

Hey Mr. Pink, you are an experienced transmission builder?
Are you familiar with the 3T40?
I need some advice.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I'm experienced with the 4t60e right now self taught and still learning as I go finding out new things...

I have a 3t40 in my Indy that I will be rebuilding soon so I will have to teach myself on that as I go but right now that's all unfamiliar to me.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
ifixalot

Post by ifixalot »

Oh, okay thanks for the reply.
I was hoping for some guidance to save me some work.
In case your curious,
My mini van's 3t40 slips under load in reverse, all other modes seem fine.
I found online, that the reverse boost valve wears out on these trans
and causes a slip in reverse. I bought a new one and installed it but no change.
Line pressure is about normal according to the service manual.
They say a cup seal and o-ring might have gone bad but I would think that might
cause low line pressure. I guess, I'll have to order the cup seal and o-ring,
pull the pan and replace them and see what happens.
I was also wondering if a check ball seat could wear and seat poorly causing this.
I had the valve body off but I didn't think to examine the spacer plate for wear.
I may have to pull that off again and look.

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

3X00-Modified wrote:I just tried it and it loaded up fine... and the PC I'm using carries NO history at all so I'm not logged into youtube or anything like that, I'm viewing it as a complete stranger.

Not 56k friendly... LOL :)
It does work when I log out of youtube. lol WTF

_________
-------------
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Well she's all done for the season.. The previous trip to Epping I noticed the TCC lockup clutch was starting to slip... Now this happened within 1000 miles on Tyler's setup and it took mine about 2 years I guess. (time to give RevMax a call and get this fixed...) When the TCC is engaged and you ease in the gas it would slip about 200-300 RPM so that's just no good.

This last trip up there I noticed 2nd gear was shifting a bit harder than normal too so I just shrugged it off for now but upon futher inspection tonight that tcc clutch must have spread crap throughout the trans because I attempted to remove the valve that sits just behind the vacuum modulator and no dice, it wont move at all with a magnet so I know it must be stuck with something.

Depending on how this week goes I might get started and have the trans out soon so I can inspect the damage. I hope it's not too bad and didn't hurt anything else. Even if it did I have two 96 transmissions in my garage as spares.

Winter Project list
1. Fix trans
2. Make TOG headers fit
3. Build Direct Port setup
4. Weigh the benefits of swapping in a full 3500 with my heads and valve train, Might try DRTC again if I'm brave.
5. Fix AC leaks.
6. New rear poly bushings
7. Maybe swap in pre 94 subframes and use Del-Alum bushings.

Oh and lets not forget the Indy...
1. Rebuild Motor/trans and "make it my own" ;)
2. Install rear external swaybar
3. Del-alum bushings.
4. TOG headers.
5. Whatever else I end up finding...

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

This would be where I give you an equal amount of crap about automatics as you do my 5spd troubles, but I'll be nice. haha

Sucks to have to tear into it again, but at least the season is basically over anyway. I'm putting mine up this week too.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

With what I'm doing to this transmission though I'm honestly not surprised I have to take it apart constantly... I mean it's not a daily driver :) I don't really know of anyone who beats on a 60e as much as this so in all honesty I'm finding it's weaknesses every time. I am a bit pissed about this converter doing what it did but hopefully I can get an answer about it and not only get it fixed but improved so it doesn't do it again, since everything else has been holding up fine in comparison. I've never really argued reliability either... I have the auto for consistency at the strip and less pain in the arse parts to deal with like shift cables and such.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

Sounds like a fun winter ahead of u..n I don't see why ppl have issues with shift cables ive had mine in my car 5+ yrs with not an issue n 40k+ miless n few trips to the strip

93 GT cammed 3500 TORSEN, headers,intake,wilwood,poly/delrin mounts, 2.5 S.S,Exhaust,dickman kits,GTUspoiler,Euro headlights-tails-mirrors-fender flares-spoiler,Intrax/Koni,91+blk interior,rr disk swap,s.s.clutch line
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Somewhat bitter sweet tonight... Started digging into the car and I was saddened that it's not even snowing yet but I won't hear it run till next year sometime. Oh well it will be better when that time comes.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

What is it with you and converters? Or is it that the rest of us have ticking time bombs? LOL.
Can't beat on my car, low compression = no point. Don't think it will turn over, but the crank pulley does rotate if you pull on the belt.

On the rear sway are you going to do a write up? Just for those who will ask about little things and no longer trust themselves.

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

This is the first converter that I've broken... and it so happens that the same company's converter has the same exact issue in another car, so that kinda pinpoints the problem.

Prior to that I was just playing with them back and forth... I tried a Yank converter, Stall was way too high.. I tried a PDQ one, once again stall too high, I also sent that back to be tightened up and they didn't do to much. Sent the specs of my engine to RevMax with a log of what the car does in the strip and they said the PDQ was way too loose so they built me what I have currently. The stall is MUCH better but apparently the TCC clutch inside of it just isnt tough enough for my engine, Or Tylers. Also I don't think you should compare what happens to my car to anyone else. I mean It's a 13 sec car n/a it's a bit more powerful than your every day 3400. I'm willing to bet this TCC clutch probably would have lasted just fine in another car but mine was just a bit too much for it.

Regarding the rear sway bar, the one I have for the Indy is a Z21 bar, its a bolt on option so there is nothing to write about, and if you Search this forum there are many topics about rear sway bars on 95+ cars including mine with detailed pics.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

I wonder if RevMax is building them cheaper now or its the tq of my engine that caused it to fail so quickly.

1 Of 1 Street Legal Centri S/c Beretta's In Existance