I love brake rotors -New Tools!

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
Rettax3

I love brake rotors -New Tools!

Post by Rettax3 »

Ever have a CV axle jam, and refuse to come out? Limited access for pry-bars, you just can't yank on the darn thing because it will pull the boot apart or just spring-back and laugh at you... What to do?
A cheap slide-hammer and a little creativity enters in...
CV Slide 3a.jpg
The small lip on the edge offers the option to angle the puller attachment slightly to ensure "positive retention", in other words, to help keep it from slipping off.
After test-using it on one of maybe three CV axles that have refused to come off for me over the years, this new tool has been cleaned, primed, and painted -ready for the next time.  It will be my new go-to CV tool, as it eliminates the possibility of damaging or scraping other components.
After test-using it on one of maybe three CV axles that have refused to come off for me over the years, this new tool has been cleaned, primed, and painted -ready for the next time. It will be my new go-to CV tool, as it eliminates the possibility of damaging or scraping other components.
I left an extra couple of mounting-holes (the small one is pre-threaded, metric) to give extra options in case I ever find a need. Options are good...

From turbo-charger outlet flanges to new purpose-made tools to simple wheel-chocks, these scrap steel discs can be amazingly useful.
Aside from a small amount of time and a big mess from the cutting-wheel, this was basically free.
CV Slide 1a.jpg
I love old brake rotors... :D

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
Godlike

Re: I love brake rotors -New Tools!

Post by Godlike »

Thats genius. I need to make myself one of these!

90' GTZ 189whp NA 14.00@99 / 237whp 50 shot 13.3@104
95' Integra 240whp / 04' Z71 Tahoe/ 85' K20/ 15' IS350 Fsport
projects: 86 Bonneville 6.0 swap / MkIII Supra 2J swap / 91 Volvo 740