LS1/t56 swap

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
Alxsmt

Re: LS1/t56 swap

Post by Alxsmt »

it does suck! but im used to it.. Im too established with it I guess sadly.

yeah it was a curt. Im not sure if ill put a hitch back on it again this go around. It was more fun not hauling race tires around I think, it got too serious at that point for no reason.

I was just looking at the truck trying to figure out how to do a firewall and seal it off. It all leads to the front of the car... the gap by the qtr pannel, even where the trunk hinges to, leads that way. not a good way to seal it off.. that was the plan! I may just do a small box over the fuel cell. Im not sure anymore. I have some thinking to do on that.. Im sure it would pass tech if it looked sealed off, but id rather not burn alive if I were to ever crash and the fuel cell failed.

as far as the coilover mount design, I changed it again slightly and went with it. Im not 100% happy with it, but considering my options I can see, I think its the best. One side is ready to go in, working on the other side currently. Its... challenging... to mirror it. Got about a day into one side so far.. The teal was supposed to represent the roll cage cross bars, I guess I didnt draw the other 2 bars going from the hoop, but those will be on the coilover hoops up top, coilover mount will be under the hoop on the cross bar to the other hoop if that makes sense. I have a drawing of it but ill upload it later once its finished up, or at least the hoops are finished up since im out of DOM now. I think the lower coilover mounts is going to get a revamp also.. its a "sheetmetal" adapter type deal ill have to modify a little to make the coilovers work, and billet aluminum just sounds much nicer and stronger.. I guess thats a side project tho, im in no rush to start that one yet. It will roll before I dig into that I think.

88 Beretta CL - your average grandma car.. Ls1 swap in progress
77 Celica - needs an engine swap
96 Geo - 1.0L, Cam, 3 angle, magnaflow, Koni, coilovers.
86 Subi - Supercharged @7psi
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Too serious with an extra pair of tires? Dude have you seen your car now? It's not exactly a grocery getter...

Yeah, I sealed my trunk off as good as I could, but I still got some fuel stink inside even with tiny little pinhole leaks. I got the whole rear seat, package tray and trunk hinges sealed but couldn't come up with a good solution for the quarter. But passing tech is what matters to me. haha

I would agree about getting it going first and then revisiting some stuff. Cause once it's driving you'll notice things you want/need to change. Hell I drove mine without a floor or firewall. haha

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Alxsmt

Post by Alxsmt »

woody90gtz wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:20 pm Too serious with an extra pair of tires? Dude have you seen your car now? It's not exactly a grocery getter...

Yeah, I sealed my trunk off as good as I could, but I still got some fuel stink inside even with tiny little pinhole leaks. I got the whole rear seat, package tray and trunk hinges sealed but couldn't come up with a good solution for the quarter. But passing tech is what matters to me. haha

I would agree about getting it going first and then revisiting some stuff. Cause once it's driving you'll notice things you want/need to change. Hell I drove mine without a floor or firewall. haha
lmao! yeah im just not sure I wanna haul a "tire trailer" around. plus an extra 2500 or so in just wheels/tires. They are a little bigger and more expensive than they used to be. Changing tires just kinda annoys me haha. well see what happens I guess. The 200tw tires used to be really good, like almost up with the slicks. The new 200tw are pretty crazy, I really think the car will have more than enough grip with them but anything could change I guess.

I was actually looking at the trunk again, I think if its sealed off on the passenger side of it, it might actually be pretty legit. looks like it goes up through the door sills but I think that could be sealed off if it does so it might not be as bad as im thinking it is.

I know for a fact ill be making changes after the car is running and driving, but.. well see what happens!

88 Beretta CL - your average grandma car.. Ls1 swap in progress
77 Celica - needs an engine swap
96 Geo - 1.0L, Cam, 3 angle, magnaflow, Koni, coilovers.
86 Subi - Supercharged @7psi