beretta fest 09

Archive section for Bfest Topics
Red_Bra_Black_GTZ

beretta fest 09

Post by Red_Bra_Black_GTZ »

(Kyle Anderson @ Oct. 20 2008,12:53)QUOTEWell said Paul. You can't just name off places you want it held; you have to make a proposal.

I took time off work for bfest 6 months in advance! Be safe and do it early so it's not two weeks before and you're begging your boss for time off.

As for cost, it can be done extremely cheap if you want to. I went to '07 for under $150 (5 hours each way), and '08 for under $200 (8 hours each way). Those exclude the registration cost, but that's no big deal. Those totals include gas, food, and housing cost. Point is, don't ***** about how it's going to cost a fortune to go. People will help you out. Most of these guys are really nice.
teach me how to do it for so little... do i need a hand gun permit?
ok, i broke down 2 times.. several hundred bucks..
i invited my nephew leo, so i picked up his tab.. but still, gas is 40% of the cost, hotel 40%.. food..etc..
my GTZ was stored for close to 8 years.. to take her out of storage.. change all the fluids.. filters.. convert the a/c... etc, etc.. get the car detailed ....it neded to be evaulated..the increased insurance preiniums over being stored(with the new evaulation), tags as u guys call them... the 2 brake downs.. all involved with bfest..(food, hotel, souviners..etc.. )gas..etc...
hold on to your shirt... this will freek you out..  over $4500.00

and leo and i had the best time of our lives with all u 'retta' nuts...
leo was unable to attend bfest ne, the wife(cynthia) came as she herd so much from leo and i.

cynthia is hoping for NC, as we would then take 7-10 days, leo is basically counting the days till june...
the retta community is a close family.. everbody helps out everybody... because we all at one point in time either needed help or will need help(from each other) our cars are getting old.. i am not sure about here, but on bstuff, there are owners of cars that are younger then the age of my car...

enough BS out of me... for those of you who have issues, go to a doctor... there is medication for all kinds of problems..  i myself just want to have fun.. with the retta of course..

paul

Kyle Anderson

beretta fest 09

Post by Kyle Anderson »

I had to search bstuff for my post about this year... here it is:

I ended up spending under $200 for the entire trip, including gas and the hotel... yep, I'm cheap

$5 food
$40 gas
$6 Wendy's
$1.50 toll
$40 hotel
$5 crappy BK
$20 Denny's (huge rip off, I couldn't saved more without this)
$28 gas (expensive Canadian gas, bought only half tank there)
$2 snack
$2.75 toll
$38 gas
$2 water

$190.25 total.

I spent about 18-19 hours driving. 900 miles round trip

I didn't do the tourist trap stuff and only stayed one night. If we want to count all the mods I did on the car to get ready for bfest, then we're talking around $4000.

fastlane02

beretta fest 09

Post by fastlane02 »

I'm going where ever it is this year. I'm going to drive the 3.8 where ever but i'm bringing a trailer behind me just to make sure i dont have to pay someone else to get it home. To much stuff that could break at the drag strip. It should last but i would raither bring my trailor and have nothing happen then something happen and i have to pay for them to bring it back to indiana

CBC PERFORMANCE

use to be grace89SS
89gt 3.8scII to much to list.
87 iroc-z the old girl is getting a make over!
90 gtz bring her back to her glory days but even better!
02 TA moser 12 bolt,yank 4k stall, spohn everything, LPE heads,MS4 cam,fast90/90 ported, hooker lt sc.
68 firebird
ROLNGTZ

beretta fest 09

Post by ROLNGTZ »

Why is that everytime BFEST comes up it becomes bitchfest? People bitching about it being to far. Then we have people bitching about people bitching about the distance. Its the samething every year....LOL

Of course we get the "make a proposal if you want it by you."

I am all for St Louis proposal. Yet, members are saying "St Louis has been done". REALLY!!!!! How many poeple were members, when it was in St Louis? I wasn't. I joined about two weeks after it was held.

The thing is for people to stop complaining about the drive all together. All it does is irritate the members that don't want to hear it.

IF it is St Louis, I can get sponsors and possible media coverage. Plus, attendance prizes. Since members have use such things to get votes. Heres my attempt at lobbying for BFEST St Louis '09.

2010 Camaro SS-2008 Trailblazer SS 2000-Lincoln LS 1991-Beretta GTZ 3800sc/L67
badbluballinGTX

beretta fest 09

Post by badbluballinGTX »

(1990 GTZ @ Oct. 20 2008,09:44)QUOTEWell i do not usually voice my opinions in a thread of this kind, this thread started out with all good intentions... then it went to hell, i am a rookie at Bfest anything, because they were do dam far. i personally have a hard time justifing a distance of more then 12 hours each way for a 3 day event, (you arrive back at home pretty much in need of time off of work to rest from your vacation)
My issue with you stuck up naggers that need/deserive a beeting from anybody, is (and this has been stated 25x before) put up or shut up.  1)make a proposal close to you, 2)put money aside along time inadvance,  $10-$20 a week.. what ever it takes so i do not see a msg just b4 the bfest.. oh i did not know it was next week.. i have no money..  there are people who have had issues (emergencies) in there personal lives just prior to a bfest.  well we have all herd the expression **** happens.. other then that... stop crying.. personally i am fed up with.. oh i wish i could have been there... life is short, do it... when there is a will, there is a way..

where ever bfest 09 gets voted in, make an effort to attend, or shut up.. attend a local mini bfest area meet.

there were people that were close by(in my opinion) to bfest NE albany.. they did not show up.. i mean 4-5 hours away.. some guys came from 16hrs away to atend albany..

as our cars get older and older.. they cannot do the longer drives.. and there are less and less of us around.. so there will be smaller and smaller bfest attendiences. it's only normal..(the cars span from 21 years to 12 years old)

some of you need to get a life..

Paul
Well said?? I don't even know what you're talking/complaining about.

Are you the one that going to hand out the beatings that you think everyone deserves?

I'm with you on the thing about people not complaining, i mean majority rule is the best policy, sorry it's not in EVERYONE'S own backyard. But these threads are good to check interest in different areas.

And as far as a will and a way, I've been either on the other side of the country, other side of the world, or at important family functions at the time of BFest so there was no option.

1994 Z26
Red_Bra_Black_GTZ

beretta fest 09

Post by Red_Bra_Black_GTZ »

(badbluballinGTX @ Oct. 21 2008,01:02)QUOTE
(1990 GTZ @ Oct. 20 2008,09:44)QUOTEWell i do not usually voice my opinions in a thread of this kind, this thread started out with all good intentions... then it went to hell, i am a rookie at Bfest anything, because they were do dam far. i personally have a hard time justifing a distance of more then 12 hours each way for a 3 day event, (you arrive back at home pretty much in need of time off of work to rest from your vacation)
My issue with you stuck up naggers that need/deserive a beeting from anybody, is (and this has been stated 25x before) put up or shut up.  1)make a proposal close to you, 2)put money aside along time inadvance,  $10-$20 a week.. what ever it takes so i do not see a msg just b4 the bfest.. oh i did not know it was next week.. i have no money..  there are people who have had issues (emergencies) in there personal lives just prior to a bfest.  well we have all herd the expression **** happens.. other then that... stop crying.. personally i am fed up with.. oh i wish i could have been there... life is short, do it... when there is a will, there is a way..

where ever bfest 09 gets voted in, make an effort to attend, or shut up.. attend a local mini bfest area meet.

there were people that were close by(in my opinion) to bfest NE albany.. they did not show up.. i mean 4-5 hours away.. some guys came from 16hrs away to atend albany..

as our cars get older and older.. they cannot do the longer drives.. and there are less and less of us around.. so there will be smaller and smaller bfest attendiences. it's only normal..(the cars span from 21 years to 12 years old)

some of you need to get a life..

Paul
Well said?? I don't even know what you're talking/complaining about.

Are you the one that going to hand out the beatings that you think everyone deserves?

I'm with you on the thing about people not complaining, i mean majority rule is the best policy, sorry it's not in EVERYONE'S own backyard. But these threads are good to check interest in different areas.

And as far as a will and a way, I've been either on the other side of the country, other side of the world, or at important family functions at the time of BFest so there was no option.
and in your case the expession that best covers your situitation is  s h i t happens. (you had other engagements)

paul

niteridingGTU

beretta fest 09

Post by niteridingGTU »

how bout atlantic city NJ or ocean city MD

quad4berettagtz
Administrator

beretta fest 09

Post by quad4berettagtz »

Everyone please see the other post about getting proposals in for Bfest '09.  Throwing names out there isn't quite going to cut it  

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern