Who's got what left to do for B'Fest?

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Who's got what left to do for B'Fest?

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Ah ok. Dampener show good amout of wear? or was it hard as a rock? That can also cause a tapping sound. Did you watch the video I had of my timing chain installed in the 60* thread I sent you? Since you have the dampener out you can compare almost exactly now.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
ronaconda

Post by ronaconda »

DTMAce wrote:I'm thinking your brake light is going to get installed at Fest Ron.
SWEET!!! :Yahoo!: I was wondering if that was what you had planned!!!

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Well, no actually, but I may as well now. LOL

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

Eric, I have an Easy Up Canopy if we need one for the event, although as someone mentioned registration is inside thisyear, and dont we have a banquet room in the hotel to drink/hang in? Or is that room only ours on Saturday night??

Ron, you better get to it! I can't help you with all of that while you're here... I have my own car to do up!

Ace, Am I getting my spoiler light at the Fest??

As for my car's needs:
- Pull bumpers, sand and paint.
- Sand and paint new side skirts and front lip.
- Pull trunk lid, sand and paint it and spoiler.
- Clear bra all above mentioned parts.
- Repair my busted CV axle.
- Full detail.

I swear I thought that there was more to do...

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

3X00-Modified wrote:Ah ok. Dampener show good amout of wear? or was it hard as a rock? That can also cause a tapping sound. Did you watch the video I had of my timing chain installed in the 60* thread I sent you? Since you have the dampener out you can compare almost exactly now.
There wasn't much wear on the dampener... just hard as rock. I figure since it's apart I might as well replace it.

There just a touch more play in the chain than what I can see from your new GM set (http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh20 ... I_2240.flv), but not nearly as much as your other videos. I really wonder if your aftermarket cam is what caused the chain to stretch?

Either way, I'm going to keep using the FFP UDP until I go 3500... which might be sooner than later.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
ronaconda

Post by ronaconda »

ronaconda wrote:It seems my list keeps on getting longer. About the time i think i got something done, there is something else that needs to be done. I still need to:
- fix my passenger window
- replace the foam in my driver's seat
- replace the front crank seal
- take care of the rust on my roof

All the detailing will happen at Ryan's after i get there this weekend. I can't wait for this...i'm actually anxious!!!

Son of a bi....now the water pump!!! Better it all going here at home rather than on the road. None of this got done today as i was dealing with some unexpected personal issues.

And Ryan, i was just talking of doing some detailing while i was there, not major projects.. :P

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Styluss wrote: Ace, Am I getting my spoiler light at the Fest??
That's the plan.

I just ran into a problem today. Remember those visors you sent me a long while back? Guess what? You sent me two right sides! lol I don't have a driver's side one! :P

Just wanted to let you know, might want to check and see if you have two of the left's....

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

ronaconda

Post by ronaconda »

DTMAce wrote:
Styluss wrote: Ace, Am I getting my spoiler light at the Fest??
That's the plan.

I just ran into a problem today. Remember those visors you sent me a long while back? Guess what? You sent me two right sides! lol I don't have a driver's side one! :P

Just wanted to let you know, might want to check and see if you have two of the left's....
:fool: Doh!!! %)

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

heavywoody wrote:
3X00-Modified wrote:Ah ok. Dampener show good amout of wear? or was it hard as a rock? That can also cause a tapping sound. Did you watch the video I had of my timing chain installed in the 60* thread I sent you? Since you have the dampener out you can compare almost exactly now.
There wasn't much wear on the dampener... just hard as rock. I figure since it's apart I might as well replace it.

There just a touch more play in the chain than what I can see from your new GM set (http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh20 ... I_2240.flv), but not nearly as much as your other videos. I really wonder if your aftermarket cam is what caused the chain to stretch?

Either way, I'm going to keep using the FFP UDP until I go 3500... which might be sooner than later.
Just remember though... Out of all the sets that I've stretched... the only one that was an OEM gm one was the 05 chain that I stretched on the Milzy cam with the LS6 springs. Every other cam timing set carnage pictures are of Cloyes sets where the gears seemed to not be hardened, or just made from a cheaper material. This is the first timing set that I've put on which is fully GM parts, and yeah I do know that its a combination of the cam and the springs that cause a bit more wear, but the first picture in that thread that I posted was a Replacement Cloyes set on my 100% stock 3400 that I built for red... I have no explanation for that wear and destruction other than cheap parts, and or UDP use.

Oh yeah one other thing added to my list would be the need to bleed the brakes. I did it one man style, but I'm not that happy with the pedal so I'm going to have Amy help clear it up a bit.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
snowblindburd
Administrator

Post by snowblindburd »

Hopefully I can tie up this bogging down issue I've been having. Otherwise she needs a bath and she's good to go.

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

I'm bringing my canopy, but a couple more would be nice at the track.

Gives us a "presence" and a meeting place.

And there is nothing better than drinking "pink stuff" under a canopy in the hotel parking lot at 2AM!

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
diedemus

Post by diedemus »

the "pink stuff" was a fluke, and wasn't made or endorsed by me for the record lol

wasn't it just snapple and vodka or something like that?

beretta bitch

Post by beretta bitch »

Vodka and pink lemonade....and I'm sure he'd tell you it was all my fault.

ronaconda

Post by ronaconda »

ronaconda wrote:
ronaconda wrote:It seems my list keeps on getting longer. About the time i think i got something done, there is something else that needs to be done. I still need to:
- fix my passenger window
- replace the foam in my driver's seat
- replace the front crank seal
- take care of the rust on my roof

All the detailing will happen at Ryan's after i get there this weekend. I can't wait for this...i'm actually anxious!!!

Son of a bi....now the water pump!!! Better it all going here at home rather than on the road. None of this got done today as i was dealing with some unexpected personal issues.

And Ryan, i was just talking of doing some detailing while i was there, not major projects.. :P
Crank seal...CHECK!!!
Water pump...CHECK!!!
Passenger window...kinda check (needs tint now to match the rest).

KFLO 93 GT

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

I'm down to making my trunk popper button work, and getting a 12v interior outlet together for my gps. Then some good carpet vacuuming and shampoo action.

It's been a long time...

I'm excited.

93 GTs