NE 2011

Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, & Vermont
Asylum

Re: NE 2011

Post by Asylum »

3X00-Modified wrote:No way in hell I would have a passport by then... LOL
You should already have a Passport! And from what I have read 5 weeks would do it!

The CSCS Events www.cscs.ca are full value with about 300 cars and this track loves me. I can get us all the damn runs we want.!

:beer:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

Jon maybe start a list?.. Maybe get a deposit so you know?

Im down, if we get an autocross going thats why I built the suspension in the Z lol. Hell I might be able to get somebody I know to drive my Cobalt down so I can see how shitty the base suspension is in the Cobalt haha.

I can try to have both cars down...
Last edited by SummitBalt08 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Shawn
Been on the Beretta Forums since '04
94 Black Quad 5 spd Z26 ->3500 6 spd ZR6

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I'll see if I can shoot them an e-mail to get an idea of what they require for a group to do that, and a general idea of the cost. I'm thinking it will be way too high for a regional meet.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Red_Bra_Black_GTZ

Post by Red_Bra_Black_GTZ »

me like road course, i am in for any meet. need time to break in the engine/tranny. will race if i have completed my 2000 km's.

ipanda7

Post by ipanda7 »

I'd be up for going too, just trying to get some ideas for my beretta.
If it's after September I'll be legally allowed to drive again, so after then is good for me.

SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

I was on my phone last time I posted.. I just now checked out the link.. I can see that track definitely being expensive lol. I dont think the Cobalt would do all that well with something like that haha.

-Shawn
Been on the Beretta Forums since '04
94 Black Quad 5 spd Z26 ->3500 6 spd ZR6

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
diedemus

Post by diedemus »

Sorry I've been kinda absent on here, lost my job and have been trying to get some income again.

As of right now I don't really have any way to plan anything with this or attend so I will leave it up to Jon if he wants to go forward with any other planning, I saw the posts about the track rental for the road course so maybe there will be enough interest for that.

MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

watkins glen also has sometrack useage i would have to research them a lil bit but i know they do street cars

i woul dlove to do a road course as thats what my car is kinda set up for suspension wise

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

I will help with planning as well.

Watkins glen would be really fun, but its also SUPER booked and expensive. They are booked pretty tight well into November. We do not have enough people to split up a track rental to anything any of us can afford.

I looked into Limerock as well, but without being a member of a few select car clubs, it looks hard to get on the track.

I can look into getting time on englishtown nj roadcourse. It is much cheaper, I have spent anywhere from 75 dollars to 155 dollars a day to drift there. The down side is that its only 1.5 miles(fun layout though). I would like to see interest from 10 people before proposing to them, which I doubt will happen. When I drive there I have to have a sa2005 rated helmet and a fire extinguisher, It may be the same for you guys.

Then theres always the keep it simple planning, and go back to LVD for drag racing.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

What about something like this... Amy put this together.

(Some Travel Times...Central PA: 7hr...Montreal: 4.5 hours)

Sept 15-18th or 22nd-25th

Northeast BerettaFest – New Hampshire
Thursday: Everyone gets there
· Group Dinner
· Thursday Night

Friday
· Late Morning/Afternoon: Road Rally (Drive & Scavenger Hunt…Race by time and lowest mileage)
· Night: Lee Speedway (5pm - ?)

Saturday:
· Day
o Car People: Test & Tune @ Epping (8am -5pm)
o Non Car People: Outlet Shopping; Museum; York Beach
· Night: Group Dinner

Sunday
· Cookout/Carshow

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
99GaGT3X00

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

looks like a good spread.

tell Amy she's a good planner.

one question about Lee Speedway . is that a spectator event or something where we race. looking at the website for the speedway and it looks cool
link for the people who don't like to google http://www.leeusaspeedway.com/Home/tabi ... fault.aspx

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
Red_Bra_Black_GTZ

Post by Red_Bra_Black_GTZ »

Cynthia and I are in! the GTZ will be dragabble..

99GaGT3X00

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

wonder when new england dragway switched the test and tune to Saturday.

road rally seems interesting any more details on that.

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Hi All...It’s Amy typing, so bear with me on this message board thing.

The Lee Speedway thing would be just a spectator event for us. It's an oval track with a few different divisions...usually makes for a pretty good show. They have concessions and beer, so it’s a decent place to make a night out of. Jon works at a comparable track down here in CT, so I would need to do a little further investigating, but for little higher of a price, you can get into the pits and check out all the cars and their transport rigs and such.

The road rally is something I've done at British car events in the past. A general way of how it would work is everyone gets a set of driving instructions and a set time to start (usually each car starts 5 minutes apart); your odometer reading is also recorded when you depart. Intermingled in the road directions are scavenger hunt-style clues. As you drive the directions, you and your passenger need to keep your eyes peeled for the answers to the scavenger hunt clues. The objective is to get the scavenger hunt questions correct in the lowest amount of time and traveling the least miles. It is on roads, so speeding and such is taken at the drivers own risk.

One more thing that sounds pretty interesting is the potential for a cruise to the top of Mount Washington. I just found out today from a close friend (ironic, huh?) that Mount Washington does special sunrise and sunset drives to the peak of the mountain. It is a beautiful drive to get there, and the views from the top are amazing. Just something else that might make its way onto the itinerary!

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
sp33d1nc0rs1ca

Post by sp33d1nc0rs1ca »

I would definetly attend but can't due to lack of vac. days at work and cash flow. sounds awesome though.

-Alan
SP33D1N
CORSITECH