Odometer Swap

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
KennethO

Odometer Swap

Post by KennethO »

Finally found a 95 full cluster and need to swap the odom. The old link seems to be broken. Anyone have the new one?

Thanks.

keiffith

Re: Odometer Swap

Post by keiffith »

As in your not sure how to do it? Its easy. Take the instument bezel off by the 6 screws below the controls and there's 4 small screws holding the cluster to the dash.

92 3.1 manual base 190k Daily
93 3.1 auto base 275k RIP 'Joan'
73 Yamaha RD250 moth balled

CPL, USMC, Veteran/2111
KennethO

Odometer Swap

Post by KennethO »

I know how to remove the cluster and everything from the car. All the plastic covers and all too.

I mean the odometer reel. Do you swap over just the shaft with the numbers or do you do the whole little assembly? The bracket that has a tiny electric motor on it and the shaft with the numbers.

Afraid if I pop just the shaft out and clip it onto the new bracket that it will trip and ruin the odometer. I want to keep the correct mileage.

This part. (off of a spare I had)

If I can't pull the reel off by its self then I would have to transfer the mileage trip parts over.

KennethO

Odometer Swap

Post by KennethO »

Or does it only trip when this white piece is broken or removed?

Current mileage.

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

It only gets messed up when the white strip is broken or pulled off. Just swap rolls

daguse5853z

Post by daguse5853z »

its relatively easy to do. sucks the links don't work. i popped the roll off and swapped it

95BerettaBase

Post by 95BerettaBase »

I did the same with mine. Took me about 20 minutes or so. I still can't believe I didn't screw the mileage up.

-1995 Chevy Beretta Base *SOLD*
-1998 Chevy Silverado 4x4
-2016 Chevy Silverado Z71
-2014 Harley Davidson Street Glide

1995 Chevy Beretta Base - 3100 V6 w/ 284,000 and still kickin'.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

95BerettaBase wrote:I did the same with mine. Took me about 20 minutes or so. I still can't believe I didn't screw the mileage up.
Unless you pop off that plastic thing on the back its hard to screw it up, even with it off its somewhat trivial on which way you need to spin it to make the numbers change.

I set the one in my red car down to 0 the first time I did my engine rebuild. I left it alone in the pink car when I put the full cluster in, so that is true mileage on that car, which I guess is really irrelevant since nothing drive line wise is left from the original setup.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
KennethO

Post by KennethO »

Whats the best way to realign the speed needle when you remove it? Or is it self calibrating? Kind of hard to get a pen in there to mark the shaft. So I haven't removed it yet. GPS the only way?

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

with the key on not moving it should be about the same distance (lower) from the 5mph mark as the distance between the 5mph and 10mph tick... thats about as good as I could get it and I was within 2mph IIRC...

So yes you need to put the cluster in with the front plastic shield off so you can set the needle with the ignition on.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
KennethO

Post by KennethO »

Thanks.

And the Oil pressure with the car on? It went way past the oil bucket icon when turned on. Thinking I might have moved it.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

yeah same deal, that should be at 0 with the ignition on... The only hard ones to set are the fuel and battery if you removed those...

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
KennethO

Post by KennethO »

Nope, those seem to be fine.

KennethO

Post by KennethO »

Whats the average oil pressure for a v6 retta?
Set the oil pressure to zero with the key on. Once running the gauge still goes to the oil can picture. I highly doubt my pressure is that high. Faulty motor on the needle? or oil pressure sensor?

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Did you put in a sensor for a gauge? or do you still have the sensor in there thats specific for the light aka non full cluster. If you did not swap sensors and just did the cluster, you need to get the analog oil pressure sender, not the digital one.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"