Cross-drilled slotted rotors

Archived topics from the Suspension and Brakes Forum

Post by Guest »

ractive has these for our cars!! for $65 each better than mantapart's slotted for 175 a pair

Post by Guest »

JCwhitney has them too, ya know.
88Corsica

Post by Guest »

Anyone have any direct links to these products?  If not, how about a phone number and part number...

I'm still not sure about cross-drilled rotors though... I'm thinking just a nice pair of slotted ones...

Post by Guest »

2-->Quote (Dante93GTZ @ Mar. 02 2002,12)Anyone have any direct links to these products?  If not, how about a phone number and part number...

Cross drilled are 52.95 at jcwhitney. Driver's Side 07ZX6940U Passenger's Side 07ZX6941B. These are for 92+ Nopi has some for pre 92 size rotors.

Post by Guest »

Realistically, slotted/cross drilled rotors aren't a very good improvement when price is factored in. A good set of stock rotors with some performance pads (Performance Friction pads are EXCELLENT) are a better $$ investement than rotors alone.......I'm not stoping anyone from getting them, I'm just pointing this out.........of course, the rotors AND pads would work quite well too.......

BTW......crossdrilled rotors DO tend to crack a lot under heavy use.....something to remember.

NVMYGTZ

Post by NVMYGTZ »

Now I agree that slotted & cross drilled look very nice but......... I will second that on the cross drilled rotors cracking.
There was a good write-up in Grass Roots on how the new pads do not need slots or cross drilling for venting the gas.

One thing that will help improve you brake pad/rotor life is cryogenic treating. FFWD Cryo Link

You can pick up replacement rotors for around $15. I would go thru 2 set in a year due to cracking. Now I do not think 98% of you will go thru rotors that quickly.
But if you figure $60 for the year (at the worst), compared to $100 for the same thing.

Post by Guest »

Hey guys, I got a set of X-drilled and slotted rotors and I must say I'm very pleased with those. Mantapart had a set for my Beretta. I know there's a lotta comment on them but I never had any problems with Tim and Mantapart. I live in Europe so I always have slow deliverytimes...  

And here's the picture of the set complete with carbonmetallic brake pads...

:o Got ya drooling don't I ?  

RebelGT

Post by RebelGT »

Quote (NVMYGTZ @ Mar. 04 2002,05:16)There was a good write-up in Grass Roots on how the new pads do not need slots or cross drilling for venting the gas.
yeah, i had read that issue to, the backed up what i was saying for a long time now...

Post by Guest »

THE ONES MADE BY RACTIVE ARE CROSS DRILLED AND SLOTTED $65 EACH AND HAVE A GOLD LIKE TINT NOT THAT SILVER AND I THIMK THEY ARE MUCH CHEAPER THAN THE MANTAPART ONES

Post by Guest »

Wow man, don't capitalize me    well, I guess you found a cheaper set dude. Congratulations  

Gert

bonecrrusher

Post by bonecrrusher »

Gert, #######, hehehe buy me a CF hood while your at it!

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS

Post by Guest »

Hey Craig, cool !! You just ship me a Z26 , black rose please  

Gert

MAD MARK

Post by MAD MARK »

Quote (RebelGT @ Mar. 03 2002,10:19)Quote (NVMYGTZ @ Mar. 04 2002,05:16)There was a good write-up in Grass Roots on how the new pads do not need slots or cross drilling for venting the gas.
yeah, i had read that issue to, the backed up what i was saying for a long time now...
So they are basically saying that you should focus on Pads instead of rotors?

MAD MARK

Post by Guest »

sorry gert didnt meen to do you like that forgot to take the caps  off i wasnt trying to be mean. just thought i would let everyone know that the ones from ractive were just like the ones you got

NVMYGTZ

Post by NVMYGTZ »

Yes Pads, Pads, Pads!!!
Green stuff, Perf Friction, Exc....