can we revise the rules please?

List a Beretta Item for sale
speedy

can we revise the rules please?

Post by speedy »

So apperently my "for sale" thread wasn't good enough and with out warning was taken down, now let me say that no rules were ever violated. Also, I don't think posting my vin in a thread is the best idea. Nor do I want too. Oh, and another note, I don't like the moderator of that thread and feel its too much controll for one single guy to handle, maybe 2 or 3 guys could over see it and at least 2 of 3 agree to delete the thread. What I'm noticing is less and less for sale threads popping up, that's bad for our comunitty, its bad if every thread that appears is "picked" at, it makes members like me and a few others who's names I won't mention not want to bother...

1991 beretta GTZ- 2.3l w41 cams, ported 086 head with a 3 angle valve job, fidanza flywheel with exedy racing clutch, 3.94fdr from and scx, so much more..
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: can we revise the rules please?

Post by 3X00-Modified »

There was MONTHS of talk about the rules and VOTING ON THEM. We are not changing them now.

Also whats the problem with posting a VIN, they are ALL over Ebay.

And DON'T even tell me that your thread was removed without warning. You had a warning in there about posting up PHOTOS of the items, you took a photo of a pile of parts in your garage not showing the condition of anything. There are also more than 1 moderator in that forum, I had my eyes on your GTZ thread yesterday but didn't get a chance to post anything about it and Ryan beat me to it. I missed the missing vin the first time I posted in it as well hence why I didn't say anything.

And the reason why for sale threads are not as active is because MEMBERS are not as active, as well as the fact that the interest in these cars is dwindling to say the least and its not a vehicle every 16yr old gets as their first car anymore... If half the people who show up at Bfest were more active on this board I think you'd see more threads, but that's not the case. There are many who visit and hardly even post let alone start for sale threads.

I'll let Ryan give his opinion on this as well but I have a feeling he is going to respond the SAME way as well as the rest of the moderation team.

We also ALREADY had an argument about the VIN requirement...

http://beretta.net/forum/viewtopic.php? ... sale+rules

Which ended with

ronaconda wrote: Jesus Christ Mike!!! Take it to a PM with Jon if you two need to dicuss something between yourselves.

Back on topic...after reading a bit on the scams that can happen with VIN numbers, it is highly unlikely that this is going to happen with cars of our age. This "VIN cloning" seems to happen with newer, more valuable cars. So, having said that, i am backing off my stance about the VIN requirement.

Photos...lets see what you and Will find out in regards to the uploader. A seller would be an idiot to not include photos, but if the uploader can't be fixed, then the only way to allow photos would be from a photo hosting site.

Lets put this to bed shall we??? We now have two separate threads regarding this and more than enough input from those that are willing to make a contribution to what they think should be in the rules.
3X00-Modified wrote:
SuzukiGhostRider wrote:There are certain dangers to publicly posting a VIN on a site but is it done commonly? Yes. Obtaining a duplicate title is a common scam and a fairly easy one these days that DOES occur. Am I being a little too careful. Maybe. I have nothing to hide at all with any of my cars. I just thought PM'ing the VIN would make better security all around. That IS what you keep stressing about YOUR version of the rules isn't it Jon? It's all "for our protection"?

I haven't been real strong on that point anyhow. My main focus has been not being dictated to on price and that pics should be a MUST. Seems no pics are a GOOD way to get scammed. What if the part or car is not as described? What if the car is not even the person's selling it? Pics are a good deterrent against things like this.

Why does it seem like you're taking my disagreement as a personal attack with your every post?
Your not the only one disagreeing... so once again I don't see why you think its always about you.

I also can't find anything online regarding someone stealing an active Vin number to use to get a duplicate title. But whatever you want me to change one of the rules for you, but you are unwilling to accept the change Erich is bringing up...

As Shawn said, you can't satisfy everyone, me and Will will take a look at the proposed rules by Ron, and Chris and the other input and come up with something, and in the end if you don't like them then I guess don't list stuff on here unfortunately. I feel the same way to Erich, if he doesn't want to do photos at all then he wont sell. Just so you don't think I'm singling you out again.
SuzukiGhostRider wrote:I NEVER said to "change the rule". I said I disagreed with it and am OK with the VIN's being posted if you read my post.

I think I made my main points of contention clear!

Even SGR accepted posting VIN's after reviewing what could happen with them and you still wont?

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

Speedy,

1. For Sale thread rules were indeed violated:
Section 1, subsection C states: "Picture(s) of the listed item must be included within 24-hours of thread posting. Within 24-hours of posting your thread, you must provide actual pictures of the vehicle/part you are selling in the current, sellable condition to you're for-sale thread. You may also provide a link to your vehicle/part(s) off-site pictures or even a link to pictures to your item for sale on eBay, provided you have pictures loaded on the site. A link in lieu of the 24-hour posting requirement will result in the thread being closed."
The single photo you posted was a blatant slap in the face to this rule. You were warned after initially posting the thread with no pictures and upon posting a single picture that failed to meet the thread requirements, your thread was deleted. You had multiple parts for sale and some were only half visible let alone not even in the photo.
2. You said "...let me say that no rules were ever violated. Also, I don't think posting my vin in a thread is the best idea. Nor do I want too." There it is in black and white. A statement insinuating that you have broken no for sale thread rules followed by a direct dismissal of one of the for sale thread rules. I truly have no idea how you expect us to read and ingest this sentence without simply being dumbfounded.
3. The for sale thread rules WILL NOT change. The only time that this will ever occur is to further clarify for sale thread regulations, not to make the posting regulations more lenient.
4. Regardless of your dislike for me, I will treat you no differently than I would any other board member. Plain and simple. There are 5 moderators of this board and we all equally moderate the board. All be it that some of us may have specific sections to focus on. There is no need for us to vote to agree to delete a thread on this board as the for sale section rules, as well as the forum rules in general, are clearly listed and expected to be followed by all.

You are of course more than welcome to re-list your for sale thread under all of the appropriate guidelines. I even provided you with the suggestion of posting on our Facebook page if you were unable to meet the thread's photo requirements. As you have pointed out, we could use a little more action in the for sale section. Properly posted action of course.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
speedy

Post by speedy »

Ya know what's easier, and tottally okay with the "rules", posting it on cl, the posting the cl ad up here...

1991 beretta GTZ- 2.3l w41 cams, ported 086 head with a 3 angle valve job, fidanza flywheel with exedy racing clutch, 3.94fdr from and scx, so much more..
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

No its not... it will also be deleted. That reply there just shows how much you've actually read the rules.

3X00-Modified wrote:I. The Third Party Sales section is for THIRD PARTY sales only. Posts with links to Cragslist or Ebay sales of your own or other ACTIVE members will be deleted. If that other ACTIVE member wants his/her items listed here they have to start their own For Sale thread. The forum section title states this rule already as well (All craigslist, eBay, etc sale threads go here if you ARE NOT the seller)
Are you really going to continue this?

You want to sell on CL sell on CL, you want to sell here follow the rules. End of story, I'm getting tired of these childish games just trying to piss off the Moderators.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
diedemus

Post by diedemus »

Just to chime in here, the moderators were all selected because we are of a similar mindset, meaning that we would all take similar action regarding rules and general bullshit going on. As a result, there is no need to babysit each other, and if someone "gets out of line" in your eyes you are always welcome to pm or email me so I can address the issues directly.