Page 10 of 10
Re: Budget LS swap 6spd RWD Z26 project.
Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2025 7:34 am
by woody90gtz
Re: Budget LS swap 6spd RWD Z26 project.
Posted: Sat May 09, 2026 12:17 am
by woody90gtz
Re: Budget LS swap 6spd RWD Z26 project.
Posted: Sat May 09, 2026 2:57 am
by Rettax3
Nice! That is looking really clean, very OEM with a custom-detailed appearance. This is, to me at least, the best look under-hood. Too much custom trim, and it looks gawdy. Too much 'performance' add-on and it looks like it doesn't belong on the street.
Now, if you could just get a blower-fan back in

, it would just about look like the car
could have come this way from the factory...
Re: Budget LS swap 6spd RWD Z26 project.
Posted: Wed May 13, 2026 7:44 pm
by woody90gtz
I could probably fake a blower fan, but nah. I think that's where my HVAC hoses are going to enter the cabin. Been looking at fitment of a universal evaporator/heater core box to go where the glove box is now. And then move the front sway bar to fit the truck compressor...adapt truck compressor to beretta condenser and universal box, etc. haha
Re: Budget LS swap 6spd RWD Z26 project.
Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2026 1:52 am
by woody90gtz
Re: Budget LS swap 6spd RWD Z26 project.
Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2026 10:19 pm
by woody90gtz
Re: Budget LS swap 6spd RWD Z26 project.
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2026 3:37 pm
by Rettax3

That is some crazy-cool work on the wheels! The look is nothing short of awesome -I've always loved the look of an inset wheel.
So funny too, because I've been working on the '70 Plymouth a bit recently, and looking at the street-wheels (she also has 'dress-shoes', these are the 'correct' Rallye wheels with the Coker bias-plies that came to me with the car) I'm just not happy with the tire width. Those wheels were junkyard take-offs from an old Lincoln, cross-lace style but fairly beefy, and they look really good on that car IMO. But 235s on the rear are just too skinny, and after shoe-horning 315s onto the back of my Maserati, I just don't want to run the bicycle-looking 235s on the old hot-rod. I know the Plymouth can take more than 295s without rolling or tubbing the wheel-wells, and I got to thinking about having the wheels widened for the rear. I'm sure I won't unless I did the work myself... You are giving me such bad ideas!

Re: Budget LS swap 6spd RWD Z26 project.
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2026 6:27 pm
by woody90gtz
I'm only planning on 245/50r15, but that should look pretty wide on a Beretta. I love a concave wheel the best, but a lip is also nice. I'm debating going the AliBaba custom wheels route and supplying my own wheel design to cut. I'm cheap, but custom wheels of my own design would be $2500 well spent if they come out legit. That would be for the Camaro.
Been researching the best way to narrow the 8.8 with Torino ends, but I don't think I'm going to be able to utilize the 5x100 Moser axles...Ford is so stupid about interchange and the 9" axle bearings are like .050" smaller than 8.8. But I've got another solution for that in the works...
Re: Budget LS swap 6spd RWD Z26 project.
Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2026 9:43 pm
by woody90gtz
Pretty stoked I hit 31.2mpg on this last tank. I've been shooting for the 30mpg threshold since brainstorming the car. I enabled lean cruise in the P01 computer to get there, but I'm impressed that it got the job done, regardless. Finally fixed my fuel tank to click off at the pump consistently, so I can get accurate MPG readings. It also doesn't hurt that this was my "hero" route that always gets the best mileage (pretty flat & open).
https://youtu.be/n670PpKlZ4s
I forgot to snap a gas station pic so I tried using AI with a reference pic and it's kinda good! I refined it by asking to remove the gas pump and change the station to Buc-ee's, but it fell apart when I asked it to open the trunk and provided another reference pic. haha So I just grabbed a real photo and rolled with it for my thumbnail.
BTW, if you guys do enjoy watching this stuff, drop a like and comment on the video. The algorithm has been pretty bad lately.
