Factory GTZ style seats in a Corsica(ish)?

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
Jabberwocky

Factory GTZ style seats in a Corsica(ish)?

Post by Jabberwocky »

Hey all! Very old time member here (although couldn't recover my old username, so here under a new-ish one)

I was just going through some old pictures, and found this. I took this at a mall parkade in Calgary, Canada. It was almost 20 years ago, but I could swear I looked at the back of the seats and didn't find the little handle to unlock the seatback to fold it forward. Is it possible that the Tempest LE here had GTZ seats as a factory option? I mean, judging by the rest of the car, it doesn't seem like something the owner of the time would have swapped in.
Attachments
TempestLEseats.jpg

woody90gtz

Re: Factory GTZ style seats in a Corsica(ish)?

Post by woody90gtz »

Yup, the LTZ Corsica had the GTZ-style seats, so it doesn't surprise me there was a Canadian equivalent. They are slightly different than Beretta seats, because they don't lean forward for rear seat access like Berettas do. They do bolt right in though. I know there have been a couple Corsicas with Beretta seats swapped in them too.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Jabberwocky

Post by Jabberwocky »

Did the LTZ have them? I've seen a few LTZs before, and they always just had the GT/LT/CL style seats. Maybe it was 91 only, or an optional extra? But yeah, the only 4 door I've seen with those seats was this one, and it definitely didn't have the little latch at the back, so they weren't out of a Beretta.

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

I thought all the LTZ had them...maybe I'm wrong.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Jabberwocky

Post by Jabberwocky »

Nope. The LTZ was closer to a fully optioned GT than a GTZ. It is possible that some LTZs had those seats too, but I think I saw about 3 in my frequent junkyard runs back in the day, and they all had the same seats as any LT, or Beretta GT of the same year.