2007 Bfest Committee Openings

Archive section for Bfest Topics
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Post by quad4berettagtz »

OK folks,

As we have done in the past two years we will be turning over 3 of the 6 committee positions, and it looks like the field will be set level this year.  With Cliff moving up to Registrar, we will most likely not be seeing any returning members to the committee other than Cliff.  This is a wonderful opportunity for some of you guys out there who have been around and want to help more.

Format:
We will be following the same format as in past years.  This means that if you are interested in running for the Committee, you MUST NOMINATE YOURSELF.  If someone else nominates you, it doesn't count unless you reply and say that yes you are interested in running.  Once you are nominated, you need some backup...  another person MUST SECOND YOUR NOMINATION for it to be fully accepted and your name to be included on the ballot for voting.  All candidates MUST be at least a 2 years veteran of past Bfests...  this is truly my only requirement for ALL candidates.  I will be accepting nominations form BOTH the list and messageboard, however the voting WILL ONLY BE ON THE EMAIL LIST.  What this means is that if you want a say in who is on our Committee, you need to be a member of the email list on Yahoo.  

Schedule:
Nominations will be accepted starting today July 24th, and will run until the end of the day on Monday August 7th.  This will allow 2 weeks for nominations.  Voting on the email list will begin Tuesday August 8th and run through Thursday August 17th.  With voting running 1 1/2 weeks, this should allow sufficient time for people to vote.  Once the new Committee is set, we will promptly get to the business of choosing the site for Bfest 2007!

FAQ:
-What should I do to get voted on as a candidate?
             -Although nothing more is required other than your nominations statement, you should consider listing qualities and/or experience that would help those voting understand what you can do to help Bfest 2007.

-What if I want to help but I am still just a college student and/or seem to be busy?
             -You should still give it a try.  If you feel you are committed to helping in any capacity your kind is always welcome...  for instance I work 40+ hrs a week, and take 12-13 credits of classes while planning Bfest.  

-What if I feel I'm not part of a "clique" or group that is popular within the Beretta Community?
             -That would be a waste of a great opportunity.  Anyone, from all walks of life and corners of our own group are welcome and are encouraged to try.  If you are simply a person who wants to help make Bfest better and keep it strong, then you are right for the job.

Addendum:
I am lifting the one year suspensions on all people involved in the 2005 mishaps.  Everyone has behaved like mature adults since then, and so therefore everyone and anyone (with 2 Bfests)is eligble.

I look forward to seeing everyone going for the committee.  I welcome enthusiastic newcomers with wide open arms...     Good luck everyone!!!

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
gtuturbo

Post by gtuturbo »

I nominate myself. I have been to every Fest since '99 ,
and I enjoy it enough to want to continue to make it enjoyable for everyone. If that takes some time and effort from me, then so be it.

BTW - Where are our decals Pride?
You need to ship them out soon or I'll have Mandy pimp slap you!

Paul Keller
1988 Chevrolet Beretta GTU (turbocharged) (bought new in August 1988)
1966 Oldsmobile Cutlass Convertible
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT
2017 Kia Sorento V6 AWD
2017 GMC Acadia SLE-1
bonecrrusher

Post by bonecrrusher »

I'll go ahead and nominate myself, as a Bfest vet of Pittsburgh, Columbus, Milwaukee, and Memphis I think I know how Bfest is ran and what is needed for the job.

As for being busy for helping planning for Bfest, I will be in my last year of my masters degree, and I've only got 3 classes till I'm done, so I'll have plenty of time to devote to Bfest.

Thats about it,
Craig

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
gypsy

Post by gypsy »

i nominate my self I was a bfest 05 and would have been at bfest 06 had i not been in the hospital.

---------------------RESPECT YOUR ELDERS!---------------------
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

I am seconding Paul and Craig's nominations.....

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

(quad4berettagtz @ Aug. 06 2006,18:35)Q
U
O
T
EI am seconding Paul and Craig's nominations.....
I will third both Paul's and Craig's nominations...

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
spacecadetz26

Post by spacecadetz26 »

I have been to 5 past bfests and I nominate myself.
I know how to cook brats, and fix barettas. what more do you need? lol  

On a serious note. I would like to help out with Bfest planning at least one year. I enjoy meeting the new people that show up every year and I am good at research. I believe that I would have good ideas for different aspects of a car gathering that would make it enjoyable for everyone.

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package
MAJ28

Post by MAJ28 »

Better late then never.  I nominate myself. ÂÂÂ
(Wish this would've been posted on Bstuff.)

I've attended, Memphis, Milwaukee, Ohio and of course Pittsburgh.

I think I did a good job of organizing for Pittsburgh and took on what I think was a pretty good share of responsibility. ÂÂÂ

For those of you that may not know:
I scouted all locations for the Pittsburgh event personally, I tested all directions personally from the web for accuracy, and also researched and re-researched nearly every hotel in the Pittsburgh area after questions came up about the appropriateness of the Marriot, I wrote ALL the local documentation including the available restaurant, general local tips/info, and of course the require directions as well as additional directions for places of interest. ÂÂÂ

BerettaFest is very dear to me and I want nothing more then for it to continue to be a great success.  Thanks!

»Jason

PS - Oddly enough, I just emailed PIAA about possibly sponsoring us.

> > > > >    1995 Z26 with 82k     > > > >      LG8 3100  ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’ƒâ€šÃ‚   

Post by Guest »

I second jasons nomination

CKr

Post by CKr »

I will third Jason's nomination.

Cory
------
96 BRM Z26, 98 Estoril Blue BMW M3
ErichZ26

Post by ErichZ26 »

(spacecadetz26 @ Aug. 07 2006,18:14)Q
U
O
T
EI have been to 5 past bfests and I nominate myself.
i  second stephanie's nomination.

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26
scannerman

Post by scannerman »

(spacecadetz26 @ Aug. 07 2006,18:14)Q
U
O
T
EI have been to 5 past bfests and I nominate myself.
i would like to 2nd steph.  I've attended the past 2 beretta fests in columbus and Pittsburgh.  She is a very reliable person and very knowledgeable and well known around the boards and very well respected.

2009 Cobalt SS LNF
1995 Z26 3100 auto <--- Totalled
1989 base 2.8 auto <-- Sold
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

I'll also put in my word for both Steph and Jason.  Both have been valuable assets to Bfest over the past few years, and I am excited to have both of you in the running. Good luck!

MAJ28

Post by MAJ28 »

[Consider this thread officially hijacked....]

On a side note, whether or not I get on the committee, please add my full name to the BerettaFest '06 committee list on the home page here.  I applied for about 3 or 4 more sponsorships for BFest today and having just my first name on that page doesn't add to my credibility/legitimacy.  If I don't make committee for '07 I'd appreciate it if you could leave my name on that list so that my sponsorship efforts can still be seen as legitimate by our potential sponsors. ÂÂÂ

So far I've inquired (quite eloquently I might add) to
PIAA
TireRack
Maglite
Kumho
BenchMade
Pepsi
Sony
Yokohama
Optima
Autozone
KYB
Koni
Sprint
Goodyear
Bosch
Turtle Wax
BP
Sonoco
Kelly
Toyo
Spyder
Oscar Meyer
Duplicolor
Leatherman

Gerber Knives - Can't Find Website
Eibach - No email address

Later today I'll be hitting up:

Kenwood
Nike
Pioneer
Smirnoff
Sirius
Sheetz
Ventshade
Summit Racing
Shutterfly
SnapFish
Kodak

Still trying to think of some good food sponsors.  Maybe I could get a photo company to sponsor us for 8x10's of the group photo for free.  That would be sweet!

...and whoever else comes to mind.  I really hope I can score us some good ones.  Who knows, maybe everyone can win something this year.

Thanks,
»Jason Altenbaugh

PS:  Here's a sample of what I've been sending out:
Q
U
O
T
ETireRack,
  I hope I'm contacting the right department, if not I'd much appreciate if you could forward my message.  I'm writing to you regarding sponsorship for our event.  Relax, we're not asking for cash or anything too extreme.  As I'm sure you're aware, there is a car club for just about everything.  For me and my friends it's the Chevrolet Beretta.  Each summer since 1997 we've held our annual BerettaFest in a different city somewhere in the continental US.  Most recently in my home town of Pittsburgh in '06, (my first was Memphis, then Milwaukee, Denver, and then Columbus in '05.)  We typically draw a crowd of about 100 to 125 enthusiasts into attendence from the US, Canada, and British Columbia.  Between our 2 communities of Beretta.net and Bstuff.com we've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 5,000 members.

Getting to the point we were hoping to increase our sponsorship this year, since in the past we've had none or only 2 or 3 companies.  We spent so much time planning, we didn't do much hunting for sponsors.  We were hoping you could sponsor us with possibly a set of tires, springs, brake lines, pads or performance rotors - whatever you're comfortable with, if it's for a Beretta we can use it.  Anything you can offer will be raffled off at the picnic that caps off the end of our 4 day event, typically the 3rd of 4th Thursday of July through Sunday.  The most common tire size for our members is 205/55/16, most of us can use you're steel braided brake line kit, most of us can use the Eibach Pro Kit you offer, and of course either set of rotors or pads for 92+ or not could be put to good use.  Maybe a certificate would be best, since taking a set of tires to a national and back home would be difficult.  Throw in some stickers and t-shirts too, free advertising.  The benefit to you is you'll get your name and/or products posted on our official banner at the event as well as being included in all the pre-event details viewable by all the 5,000 members of the community - of course word-of-mouth is priceless.  I personally have a set of your Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's on my Beretta Z26 and love them.  I really hope you can sponsor our event, it's a win-win for everyone.  Of course, if you have a rep in the neighborhood of BerettaFest 2007 we'd love to have them stop by and see what we're all about, we have a great friendly group.  The 2007 event is still in the planning stage, the location has not yet been proposed or voted on, but we like to get started early finding sponsors.  If you have any questions about our event you're welcome to call me after 5:00PM EST, 412-###-####.  Of course, please feel free to check out our site and message boards:
www.bstuff.com
www.beretta.net
http://www.beretta.net/board/ib3/ikonboard.cgi - Message Boards

Here is our Home Page for BerettaFest 2006:
http://www.beretta.net/events/bfest_06/bfest.htm
(I'm the 6th person down under committee, apparently they forgot my last name, haha.)

Here's my car with those awesome Ecsta Supra's on it!
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/ ... 0094-a.jpg

I look forward to hearing from you!

»Jason Altenbaugh - BerettaFest Organizer
---- North Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA -----

Responses thus far:
1.  Kraft/Oscar Meyer - If you jump through a million hoops we might sponsor you.
2.  Yokohama - Email forwarded to someone who can review it.
3.  Goodyear - Find your local supplier and ask them, we do limited sponsorships on a corporate level.
4.  Sprint - Find a local dealer so we can "be assured our featured products are available to the event attendees".  But we can send you a bunch of stickers, and check out our myspace.  http://www.myspace.com/sprintspring
5.  Toyo - Request forward to the right department, we'll get back to you.
6.  Sony - Email this person and they'll let you know. ÂÂÂ
7.  Mag Instruments (Maglite) - "unfortunately, we have allocated all monies and product donations designated for charitable contributions for the current fiscal year.  "

Nothing great so far, but we'll see.  If I don't get anything good, I'll try snailmail.  Free Sprint stickers though.

»Jason

> > > > >    1995 Z26 with 82k     > > > >      LG8 3100  ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’ƒâ€šÃ‚   
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Good job Jason...  Post something to the planning list for Bryan to change that name for you.  

On a larger side note...  Because of some craziness on my part I overlooked that the voting was to start already     I will be setting this up on the list right after this post.  Sorry for the inconvienience!