2013 Location Proposals...

Archive section for Bfest Topics
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

No one has brought this up but I think it should be a wise thing to do, as well as get the full proposal/voting structure posted to the website so all users know whats going on.

BUT according to agreements made last year, we are supposed to have 2013 Proposals presented and voted on AT the 2012 picnic (mia people will be able to vote online later)... That means you guys that want to present a location need to get cracking!

I will update this soon with info regarding the general Bfest Location proposal info and anything else needed regarding Bfest since we really don't have a thread about that.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
scannerman

Re: 2013 Proposals...

Post by scannerman »

This needs to be kept on the top of all the sub forums as a reminder. I forgot about this until now...

2009 Cobalt SS LNF
1995 Z26 3100 auto <--- Totalled
1989 base 2.8 auto <-- Sold
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

Good Point Jon! I need to get my stuff all tidied up.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

scannerman wrote:This needs to be kept on the top of all the sub forums as a reminder. I forgot about this until now...
I'm trying to discuss this with the committee to get a post made regarding the process of what we are doing, how they are getting presented and we will add to that how the voting goes, BUT mostly JUST to make it so when a user is asking about registration or proposals, we will have a thread to point them to.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
ronaconda

Post by ronaconda »

3X00-Modified wrote:
scannerman wrote:This needs to be kept on the top of all the sub forums as a reminder. I forgot about this until now...
I'm trying to discuss this with the committee to get a post made regarding the process of what we are doing, how they are getting presented and we will add to that how the voting goes, BUT mostly JUST to make it so when a user is asking about registration or proposals, we will have a thread to point them to.
This would be nice to know because as it was described to me, only those that are present may make a proposal...and i would like to submit a proposal for 2013.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

ronaconda wrote:only those that are present may make a proposal...and i would like to submit a proposal for 2013.
That statement is true. No online proposals will be accepted.

This is the info I got from Mike.
Proposals at Bfest, no online proposals accepted. Period. There is an in person primary vote held at Bfest after the proposals are presented at the picnic. A two week online primary vote is conducted after Bfest for those who missed.
Voting weights are still being discussed.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Re: 2013 Location Proposals...

Post by quad4berettagtz »

Sorry to seem so hard-handed folks, but this is what the overwhelming response was when we had our full group meeting (all attendees) at the BFest '11 picnic. The mob has spoken, and we are just following the wishes of our members!

Ron, you know if you partnered with someone that IS going to attend... ;)

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
lmnjlo

Post by lmnjlo »

There was a majority vote, not an overwhelming vote.

I stand by the committee and it is my job to uphold the thoughts and best interests of the group as a whole as well. I have my concerns as well as others who have come to me with questions.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

The details of this are being explored more within the committee... I hope to update this soon. But either way anyone who wants to have a proposal for 2013 have it ready for this years event. I would hate to see someone who can't attend not make up a proposal and then have this rule change to allow anyone present who is willing, to do the presentation of the location.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Ozzwoman9

Post by Ozzwoman9 »

A few of us teamed up last year and helped each other with proposals. I don't see why there would be a problem if someone who wasn't attending had an attendee to submit a proposal.
This would eliminate all the frustrations from the people that live out west that aren't going to attend this year, but plan on attending next year.

And from what I see the western people seem to have the most concern as they are few and far between, but it's already been said that you guys are having your own bfest as well.

Sent from my iPhone.

Mostly you meet friends when traveling by accident, like by sitting next to them on the train, or in a restaurant, or in a holding cell.
1995 Beretta Z26 3100
lmnjlo

Post by lmnjlo »

Westerners are having a mini gathering. We all want to go to bfest but some limitations have arose for some. Keep in mind there are individuals across the country that have concerns, not just "west" people.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I personally feel that we should allow proposals from those who are not there and I think simply the fact that they have to be done before the picnic will help speed up the planning process, and i think if we only change the voting weight for those in attendance would be more than enough of a change to the whole deal. We should also start on committee voting almost mediately after the end of the event to get the ball rolling, that's the only way we are going to ensure better sponsorships and no close calls with logos t-shirts, or even finding a hotel to accommodate us... I can only imagine the longer we have to plan the better the event could get.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

lmnjlo wrote:There was a majority vote, not an overwhelming vote.

I stand by the committee and it is my job to uphold the thoughts and best interests of the group as a whole as well. I have my concerns as well as others who have come to me with questions.
I stand by my assessment of an overwhelming vote, due to the fact that if it were even relatively close we would have counted hands, and we did not have to do this (also I clearly remember an enormous amount of the group voting for this, although this is clearly less credible :wink: ). As in any democratic setting, not all will be pleased with any given outcome. This is a good thing and needs to be channeled the correct way. If any member has ANY SERIOUS CONERNS/COMMENTS/QUESTIONS that may not be for public viewing - PLEASE contact any member of the committee or myself personally and we can address this. I cannot be more clear on this - we are working to bring YOU a better event. If we do not hear how we can best improve, how can we know? :D Also, those who want to make a difference I STRONGLY encourage to run for one of the elected positions on the Beretta.net Committee, or if that is too strong blooded for you just VOLUNTEER at the event. We always need the help! :Yahoo!:

Based on the notes I have from the picnic, taken by another committee member, we decided as a group to have the proposals debut at Bfest, with an on-site vote to happen at the picnic. From there (post-Bfest) it would be put up online and some kind of online vote would happen to accomodate those who could not attend. This is all that was fully decided at the picnic, the rest of the discussion (or should I say debate) centered around how to best do the voting.

The committee is currently working on what the best details are on topics like voting weight and who can present the proposal at the picnic. I will not go into more detail until we get it ironed out. Please everyone understand that what we come out with is in the best interest of this group, and the event. It is also not set in stone. We will actually be aggressively looking for feedback on this year's event so that we can iron out any wrinkles and continue to make this the BEST event for the Beretta owners community. :wink:

We appreciate everyone's concerns... THANKS!

gtuturbo

Post by gtuturbo »

quad4berettagtz wrote:
lmnjlo wrote:There was a majority vote, not an overwhelming vote.

I stand by my assessment of an overwhelming vote, due to the fact that if it were even relatively close we would have counted hands, and we did not have to do this (also I clearly remember an enormous amount of the group voting for this, although this is clearly less credible :wink: ). As in any democratic setting, not all will be pleased with any given outcome. This is a good thing and needs to be channeled the correct way. If any member has ANY SERIOUS CONERNS/COMMENTS/QUESTIONS that may not be for public viewing - PLEASE contact any member of the committee or myself personally and we can address this. I cannot be more clear on this - we are working to bring YOU a better event. If we do not hear how we can best improve, how can we know? :D Also, those who want to make a difference I STRONGLY encourage to run for one of the elected positions on the Beretta.net Committee, or if that is too strong blooded for you just VOLUNTEER at the event. We always need the help! :Yahoo!:

Based on the notes I have from the picnic, taken by another committee member, we decided as a group to have the proposals debut at Bfest, with an on-site vote to happen at the picnic. From there (post-Bfest) it would be put up online and some kind of online vote would happen to accomodate those who could not attend. This is all that was fully decided at the picnic, the rest of the discussion (or should I say debate) centered around how to best do the voting.

The committee is currently working on what the best details are on topics like voting weight and who can present the proposal at the picnic. I will not go into more detail until we get it ironed out. Please everyone understand that what we come out with is in the best interest of this group, and the event. It is also not set in stone. We will actually be aggressively looking for feedback on this year's event so that we can iron out any wrinkles and continue to make this the BEST event for the Beretta owners community. :wink:

We appreciate everyone's concerns... THANKS!
I agree with this assessment as it is backed up in the notes that I took!!

Paul Keller
1988 Chevrolet Beretta GTU (turbocharged) (bought new in August 1988)
1966 Oldsmobile Cutlass Convertible
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT
2017 Kia Sorento V6 AWD
2017 GMC Acadia SLE-1
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

I was trying to be discreet on the note taker... way to blow the lid off that one! :D