Another one in the books....

Archive section for Bfest Topics
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Another one in the books....

Post by quad4berettagtz »

Bfest 2009 is now past us! :sorry: It was really great to see everyone again, and meet some new faces too. I hope everyone made a safe trip home (especially in the heat!).

The fam and I arrived here in WI last night safely. I finally discovered that my blower fan was slow because my evaporator core was actually icing up with the humidity!! I was able to thaw it out and have a/c all the way home (thankfully- IN was hot!).

I want to throw out a couple of thank you's out there... BIG thanks to Eric from Asylum who not only contributed the racing trophies, but also made a VERY generous donation for the picnic! Another thanks goes out to Boner, who donated the appropriate funds for our pavillion reservation (even if someone else was in it!). BIG thanks to the Keller's... everyone knows how they helped buy and cook our food, but they also donated funds to help us get our raffle items for the picnic! Finally I'd like to thank everyone who came this year, no matter what the obstacle. I know money is scarce for most everyone (especially in our group) and the fact that we still can pull in at least 20 cars to a site where most of us drove a long way shows that this group is strong and dedicated. I look forward to next year, where hopefully more people have their cars put back together (woody, Paul K...) and the rest of us can start saving for our trip now! 8)

Some highlights for me:
-people writing (or trying to) on Erich while he was passed out
-lots of fun racing thursday (I beat an SRT4 with Cliff's car)
-watching Pinky run so lean that it's lucky to have all 6 pistons!
-Richard Petty Motorsports tour... best value, plus it was SWEET to see how much really goes into cars that only turn left! :D
-Car show/picnic- THANKS TO EVERYONE for dealing so well with the heat!! Everyone was great, cars were great, food was great!
-the in-cart cam while drag racing Kmart carts... almost as good as the in-car cam on Michael Andretti's old Kmart CART car :runsies:
-"act like a garbage can" - very important to know if one must sneak up on a wild shopping cart

Hopefully we see some great location proposals in the coming months! Everyone start brewing up some great spots for 2010!

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Another one in the books....

Post by 3X00-Modified »

quad4berettagtz wrote: -watching Pinky run so lean that it's lucky to have all 6 pistons!
-Richard Petty Motorsports tour... best value, plus it was SWEET to see how much really goes into cars that only turn left! :D

LMAO... I'll have to get on that lean issue :) I averaged 26.5 mpg on the way home... and NO thats not because it was running lean LMAO

Oh and yeah it is amazing how much goes into those cars huh? I'm exposed to it so much so I knew, but just seeing those shops and how everything was organized and setup was simply amazing. Everything was organized by car number, they had a huge white board organizing who was working on what and when... Nevermind how much money was sitting in those engine stands in the back corner of that assy room. LOL

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Post by quad4berettagtz »

...not to mention all the money sitting in the parking lot in extra trucks!!! The amount of money and work that goes into that is amazing. I was impressed start to finish! Now only if I could get my engine that clean 8)

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

While I certainly appreciate the notation on the donation, it's my pleasure and my commitment to the relationship we enjoy with these silly little cars.

I wish I had been able to attend, however it seems you had a good time without me!

Thanx again for the mention, and I will continue to support these events.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
Red_Bra_Black_GTZ

Post by Red_Bra_Black_GTZ »

It was a hot BFEST, or as previously mentioned(either sweatfest or heatfest).
on Saturday afternoon the asphalt was a scouring 136 deg. F, the thermometer at the hotel pool indicated 110 deg. F.
earlier that day at the pic nic(BBQ), a member suffered a little bit of HEAT stroke..

i believe it was hard on our old/fragile cars.. i personally blew my alternator on the highway on my way to the race track. (1 alternator and 1 battery)
another quad also blew his alternator on Saturday. and another quad had a defective connection for his rad fan.

all in all it was dam hot.. personally to hot for me.. i almost melted..not used to the temps of the south..

it was a great time for Cynthia and i. we took 2 days to get there, and 3 to get back.. (996 miles each way)

met new people, got to know other better.. we tried our best to meet and dine with almost all the members..

just so 8 months from now people get all the stats screwed up.

there were 27 users and 24 passengers who signed up. (i.e. 61 total)
before the event started, 3 users had no intention of showing up (i.e. 58 total)
a few members car pooled, (i believe in non rettas)
a few members did not bring there retta due to issues(car not ready, not able to do long trip, car just broke down..etc)
thus we had 17 rettas show up, 4+ non rettas, and approx. 27 passengers.

i blew about $300.00 in fuel for the truck(17.5mpg US gal average), and $30.00 in fuel for the GTZ.

bonecrrusher

Post by bonecrrusher »

I still say Memphis was a lot hotter.... The pool was definately needed & hilarious on Saturday with Cack doing inappropriate things with beer bottles and pool water.

The RPM shop tour was really cool, and I'm glad it was like 68 degrees in there! I cant imagine the cooling bill for that place.

I had fun, and was glad to show everyone Charlotte and the dirty souf! I dont remember much from Friday night... but apparently I was hilarious!

The park ended up working really well, I just wish that Zmax was open. Eric & Tiff just left and they headed back up to PA for GM nationals @ Carlise.

They also did the Richard Petty Driving experience on Wednesday, and rode at 170+ mph around Lowes Motor Speedway.

It was nice meeting new faces, and seeing everyone else!

Gerf, and the rest of the Bfest staff... thanks for having another successful Bfest!

Travelor
Global Moderator

Post by Travelor »

Red_Bra_Black_GTZ wrote:It was a hot BFEST, or as previously mentioned(either sweatfest or heatfest).
on Saturday afternoon the asphalt was a scouring 136 deg. F, the thermometer at the hotel pool indicated 110 deg. F.
earlier that day at the pic nic(BBQ), a member suffered a little bit of HEAT stroke..
that was me and it was about 40% hangover 60% heat... I was actually ok till we got to the park..

another quad also blew his alternator on Saturday. and another quad had a defective connection for his rad fan.
That would be my fan that died coming down. Thanks to Geoff I was able to barely make it back. Still leaking coolant somewhere. Entire back of the engine is soaked now.

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Hi guys,

I looked around and couldn't find anything quick. I'm doing the 2010 Beretta calendar and need a list of the winners for all the trophies for the cover. It's the last thing I needed to finish.

Please post up!

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Red_Bra_Black_GTZ

Post by Red_Bra_Black_GTZ »

i won best engine bay and best interior 88-??, i believe lisa won best interior ??-96

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

'88-'90

'91-'96

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Ok, thanks. Those ones I knew already from Pauly's thread on bstuff! haha

Anyone remember the rest?

Endless ride was the red GTU
Quickest N/A v6 was Gerff
Quickest N/A quad?
Quickest F/I was Pat I believe

Best stock exterior?
Best custom exterior?
Best stock interior 91-96 Lisa?
Best custom interior 91-96?
Best stock interior 87-90 Pauly
Best custom interior 87-90?
Best engine bay Pauly
Bfest or Bust the guys with the GP wheel bearing destruction

GEARHEAD dezign youtube
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

woody90gtz wrote: Best custom exterior?
Me

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Update:

Endless ride - Linda Little - 89? GTU
Quickest N/A v6 - Geoff Morrow - 95 Z26
Quickest N/A - Bob DuPhily - 90 GTZ
Quickest F/I - Pat LaRoche 92? GTZ

Best stock exterior?
Best custom exterior - Jon Chmura 96 base
Best stock interior 91-96 Lisa?
Best custom interior 91-96 - Chris Intravia 91 GT
Best stock interior 87-90 - Paul Camerano - 90 GTZ
Best custom interior 87-90?
Best engine bay - Paul Camerano - 90 GTZ
Bfest or Bust the guys with the GP wheel bearing destruction
Best of Bfest - Geoff Morrow - 95 Z26

Still need the rest of I'll have to omit it all from the calendar...

GEARHEAD dezign youtube