canadian east coast car rally to BFest 2012

Archive section for Bfest Topics
Red_Bra_Black_GTZ

canadian east coast car rally to BFest 2012

Post by Red_Bra_Black_GTZ »

Jamie?
Mark?
Eric (old man), if he does not show up, i may be inline for his title!
any others???Newbies...

Gerard and his Bro Raymond are a no show this year.

i am planning on departing wednesday @ breakfest(montreal).
i am heading towards Sarnia/Port Huron crossing.

Pauly

Koots

Re: canadian east coast car rally to BFest 2012

Post by Koots »

If I had my Corsica street legal, registered and insured, I would join on the trek. I'd have to travel quite a ways to get to you, but you are probably the closest member to me LOL

I will work towards next year though!

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I'm leaving Tuesday and passing through Canada Niagara falls, Hamilton and such. No idea how far I will make it Tuesday but we are shooting to get into Michigan at least and grab a motel there. So we will be a bit ahead of you.

I sent the old man an e-mail letting him know when I was passing through so if he was going to be home I would stop by to see how he's doing. I know he's been in and out of the hospital lately and actually hasn't been home much... Maybe I'll get in touch with him but I don't know.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

If you see him Jon please be sure to give him my best.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
Bman Gtz

Post by Bman Gtz »

My plans is to roll out Wednesday morning but maybe I;ll caravan with Jon, let me know what your plan is, odds are you will be close to my place on your drive as you need to come out near me to head to sarnia. Jamie's isn't going this year so the Canadian contingent will be very small.

BMAN

Red_Bra_Black_GTZ

Post by Red_Bra_Black_GTZ »

that literally makes 2 of 9 usual canadians......

i hope the US usuals will show...

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I think this year is going to be a bit rough for attendance... Times are tough and they are showing, and there are quite a few users getting rid of their cars as well... unfortunately.

And I for see next year being in the West which really pisses me off since I have a possible wedding planned for that weekend... I'd much rather be driving out to Colorado or Vegas! But we'll see things may change.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Koots

Post by Koots »

I don't plan on staying in Labrador for any more than another year, so Hopefully I'll be on the west coast for this.

I've dug myself into poorness with my K5 build, which was supposed to be a DD and turned into a big project.

SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

I think the hotel pricing is a big part of the attendance problem this year. I have been thinking about skipping because of that.

-Shawn
Been on the Beretta Forums since '04
94 Black Quad 5 spd Z26 ->3500 6 spd ZR6

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

SummitBalt08 wrote:I think the hotel pricing is a big part of the attendance problem this year. I have been thinking about skipping because of that.
The hotel price is $29 maybe $39 more than previous years... Honestly the price we got for what we get is a crazy good deal. And if you want a $50 hotel room that's just not going to happen with what people are requesting for hotel accommodations. IIRC Chicago was around $100 a night and Indy was $75-$95 a night depending on which room you got... single or double queen.

But it all falls under the same category... The times suck, people don't have jobs, can't afford things, so yes a ~$30 hike in cost for the hotel is too much.

We could move to just a "Motel" next year and not a "Hotel" but I think you'll get complaints on fear of leaving your car in the parking lot, or disgust of the cleanliness and so on and so forth... We need to meet in the middle and IIRC Chris worked his hardest to get a good hotel at a good price and this was the best bang for the buck others were similar priced but didn't have as much to offer for the money. We are in a very popular "Tourist" town this year when it comes to Michigan, so that definitely affects costs.

This is why many split the room. I'm doing two couples in my room this year so its only $65 a night per couple... and with these rooms being setup to accommodate 4 adults I don't see any reason to not bunk up with someone.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Bman Gtz

Post by Bman Gtz »

Agreed, the hotel may be a bit more this year but I at least know we will hopefully be in a nice area and the water park is a nice add on. I think the economy is having an effect and I also know there are some staying just down the road if the hotel costs are too great. You make it work but I can respect those that cannot, besides, attendance numbers matter not if there people that are there are great people, I will certainly miss some of the folks I have met over the years but I look forward to seeing them in the future.

BMAN

berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

yes, economy is the main stopper... i'm within respectable driving distance, but can't afford the cost or the time off of the few days of work i would miss at this current time...

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

3X00-Modified wrote:And I for see next year being in the West which really pisses me off since I have a possible wedding planned for that weekend... I'd much rather be driving out to Colorado or Vegas! But we'll see things may change.
Jesus man! What's with you and weddings?!?!

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Everyone I know is getting Married and they all invite me... DAMN ME for knowing people! lol Seriously when they said that weekend I was like "Are you kidding me? That's the ONLY weekend out of the year that I ask for my vacation weekend"...

It might work out though since me and Amy want to go cross country again next year so rather than Bfest we'll probably do that and meet up with some people on the way.

07 was my brother... This one is a close friend who doesn't have much family on his side vs the bride, so if it is that weekend I kinda should show up.

I'm hoping after this one there isn't many left... but lets see off the top of my head.

Patrick - Check!
Woody - Check!
Will - Check!
Brother - Check!
ME - Check!
Barry.........
Geoff........

lol

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Z26_T

Post by Z26_T »

3X00-Modified wrote: And I for see next year being in the West which really pisses me off since I have a possible wedding planned for that weekend... I'd much rather be driving out to Colorado or Vegas! But we'll see things may change.
Both would be cool! My vote would be for Colorado though. Not a huge fan of Vegas. Both tracks are really nice though. I like Bandimere a bit more though.

heavywoody wrote:Beretta, fast, reliable, and cost effective are words that should not be used in the same sentence.
95' BRM Z26. cammed/ported 3400/3500 Hybrid. HM282, OBD2, Garret T3/T04E 60 Trim, IC.